• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JTB said:

I’m not making excuses for Trae. He was terrible in the 4th but I believe he hurt his wrist earlier in the 4th or late in the 3rd. I can’t remember when but he did hurt his wrist.

How so? I just saw him doing what he always does in the 4th. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Threezus said:

The problem i have with that is if he did hurt his wrist and he knows this.  Then quit forcing everything and trying to do it yourself.   You have other very talented guys on the team to pass out to instead of trying the same thing over and over again that isn't working in iso he does the almost every 4th quarter with like 5 minutes or less left.  He is to damn good of a passer to go hero ball and nullify the rest of the offense on like 80% trips down.  What baffles me most is we do pretty great all the way up until those last 5 iso minutes on offense.  So it's not like it isn't working for most of the game why go away from it.

I couldn't say it better. I thought Trae played really well for 3 quarters. Someone mentioned on other thread that the regular season means nothing, you must win in the playoffs to be successful.

What about the first 3 quarters, if you can't fget it done in the 4th? 🤔 

Someone who can't see his glaring flaws will post his great 31/7 stat line (not mentioning his -8, worst of the game or his decision making in the 4th). Some will say that yes, they're happy with 31/7 from their "superstar". 🤷‍♂️

image.png

One would think Josh Smith is still playing for the Hawks. 

Some will lay blame on the refs (some terrible calls, yes, but they didn't call a foul on the Hawks until 3:30 left in the 4th).

Some will lay blame on Dejounte (he was quite bad on offense last night and also terrible in the 4th).

Some will lay blame on Quin (I tought AJ played too much and didn't understand why JJ didn't play).

And the trolls will call it as it is.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am gonna need Trae to really lock in in decision making. Between that useless foul before halftime which got Delon 3 FTs to those constant 1 on 5 drives like he's LeBron which all got blocked, he has to be much smarter with his decisions in clutch situations. 

Yep. JC good as gone

Easy, there... He's our superstar and everything you say about him can be used against you on court. :hang3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Packfill said:

Would be very disappointing if Washington overtakes Atlanta in the standings!  They are getting closer than I would have expected.  

We won't win shit this season. It would be better to miss the playoffs entirely. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Diesel said:

Yeah.. I saw what he was trying to do and they gave him the lane but nobody went with him either.   That's where I was disappointed.    It should be a play call. 

At some point one must realize our superstar deflates everyone around him when he resorts to hero ball.

I won't blame anyone else for this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, BrazilianHawk said:

At some point one must realize our superstar deflates everyone around him when he resorts to hero ball.

I won't blame anyone else for this.

I'm not going to disrupt your diatribe on Trae and DJ's Heroball. 

I'm just going to say that we need plays drawn up for the end of games.   In the first half, we know how to move the ball.  We know how to move without the ball.   Bottom of the 4th qtr.. we don't do anything but stand around.  It's not all Trae.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

That's not a surprising stat line for this year.  The hope is Hunter has 2-4 per game next year once Quin gets an offseason to work in his system

Rebounding was just as bad (3/4). SF and PF who can't rebound... Life is not getting ant easier with those. 

I love them but man, those numbers suck.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm not going to disrupt your diatribe on Trae and DJ's Heroball. 

I'm just going to say that we need plays drawn up for the end of games.   In the first half, we know how to move the ball.  We know how to move without the ball.   Bottom of the 4th qtr.. we don't do anything but stand around.  It's not all Trae.

True, it's not all Trae. Dejounte was horrible as well.

Refs could have been kinder to us.

We definitely need better plays to close the game, that's on the coaches.

But why go away from what is working in the first place? It's been a back-and-forth the entire game and we even had a 10 point lead at some point in the 4th. Why do they (Trae and Murray) need to go away from this?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Sad Quin didn’t get the first one but you talk about a guy that walks around with confidence. Wow, respect 🫡 

We had the game until @kg01’s man crush Allie McBeal went off. He was single handedly owned us down the stretch.

My fav play of the game was Magic Capela hitting Trae for a layup with a 3/4 pass :sarcastic:

Quin was just studying us tonight, there was no time to prepare for him. It counts on the record sheet for him but not really in my eyes.

We gotta regroup and get ready for Mr. 71 on Friday.

Go Hawks! 

Agree on all counts.  Too bad this one got away from us but I definitely feel like we're in good hands.

Surely, after time to get his staff and his 'stuff' in place, we'll be able to react quicker to how things were developing late.  No need to panic like some folks are doing (surprise, surprise).

Last, where do yall get clips of the postgame press conferences?  It's usually posted here and I can't find it on the interwebs.  Who dropped the ball here?  *cough* @JayBirdHawk *cough*

First time n a long time I'm actually interested in what out coach has to say. 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1