• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Aggression did you say Aggression ?  Look at our front court.

Teams like NYK, Miami, the 76 ers and the Bucks feel like they can straight  Bully their way to a win when they come to town.

As I always  say we are not a physical team. Most of our roster is filled with finesse players.  OO brings some physicality but of those players who are in the rotation, he is the only one. That currently is our identity.  It will be very interesting to see what kind of team Quin builds. What will our identity be under Quin. 

• Premium Member

I'm sorry but JC has to go at this point. You can't have a guy getting that kind of cheddar that while a good defender is just not going to get used right on this team on offense. We need something else at PF. 

• Like 2

When I said, firing Nate won't fix our issues I was told no Supes @JayBirdHawk

I keep telling ya'll and ya'll keep not listening. At some point, it's best to listen to the smartest guy in the room. There is depths he gets that maybe many here don't get. 

This team improved with the Murray trade but their ceiling dropped significantly. We faced a team with the same issue and got KILLED which is damning as they are doing this without KAT. 

That said, Atlanta could play MIN in a couple of weeks and beat them by 21. Neither team is consistent for shit. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm sorry but JC has to go at this point. You can't have a guy getting that kind of cheddar that while a good defender is just not going to get used right on this team on offense. We need something else at PF. 

His defense was always hit or miss at PF. He's turned himself into an excellent team defender but he's a shit man defender on big wings, 3, jumbo forwards, 5s. Basically, anyone that's not a prototype 4. The personnel took away his best trait which is his off-ball movement and he just doesn't fit anymore. I saw this coming YEARS AGO! 

• Like 1

This team is not an easy fix and this is why no one understood why Quin wanted this job. They invested too much into role players who fit spam and spacing ball but that reached it peak last year and didn't get us SHIT! 

I really like the addition of Bey. I think having him, OO, and JJ is big to our long-term success. But we gotta get an offensive-minded center. OO is too small to play it as a starter and he's more of a switchable 4 with rim protection and post D than anything else as a starter.

Ayton might be someone we need to look at. I don't know who else but we gotta get that position under control. It's killing us the most. We need someone that can force the defense. I have seen more from Mark Williams and Kessler on offense than any center on our squad. 

We gotta address the 5 spot. It's not just critical, it's killing us not having an offensive 5. Capela is elite at the PnR on offense but sucks at everything else outside of that not including rebounding. 

Where's @JayBirdHawk, you were bragging about Snyder when I said no one would take this job as an aha moment. Look at this shit. Still mid af. What's your opinion now? At some point, ya'll just need to take what I say as fact. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When I said, firing Nate won't fix our issues I was told no Supes @JayBirdHawk

I keep telling ya'll and ya'll keep not listening. At some point, it's best to listen to the smartest guy in the room. There is depths he gets that maybe many here don't get. 

This team improved with the Murray trade but their ceiling dropped significantly. We faced a team with the same issue and got KILLED which is damning as they are doing this without KAT. 

That said, Atlanta could play MIN in a couple of weeks and beat them by 21. Neither team is consistent for shit. It is what it is. 

I'm sure you can go back and see EXACTLY what I said regarding firing Nate. Hated his offensive philosophy and that won't change. I also said you can have the video guy coach the rest of the season for all I care. Just wanted Nate GONE. 

And naaah....smartest guy wouldn't be pushing for Goberated at $40 mil all offseason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm sure you can go back and see EXACTLY what I said regarding firing Nate. Hated his offensive philosophy and that won't change. I also said you can have the video guy coach the rest of the season for all I care. Just wanted Nate GONE. 

And naaah....smartest guy wouldn't be pushing for Goberated at $40 mil all offseason.

At least you admit you didn't give a damn about if Nate was the problem or not. You just wanted him gone which I told you he wasn't. 

I was and for that specific squad. We had floor spacing with Kev. We had everything to win. Let's say we get Rudy for what we got Murray for and we did the Bey trade. We would have been in a much better position with

Trae

Kev

Hunter

Bey

Gobert

Insane spacing and Gobert doing all of the defensive work. So yes, it would have made sense then but not anymore. Kevin is in SAC making their offense GOAT. If Utah's price tag was reasonable, that would have been a way better trade than the Murray trade. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Where's @JayBirdHawk, you were bragging about Snyder when I said no one would take this job as an aha moment. Look at this shit. Still mid af. What's your opinion now? At some point, ya'll just need to take what I say as fact. 

Dude. I'm RIGHT HERE!

Did you not say this is the worst job and NO DECENT COACH would want the job?  That's the fact.

We got a the best available coach prior to the offseason that's working on the fly.

YOU HAVE NO POINT.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

At least you admit you didn't give a damn about if Nate was the problem or not. You just wanted him gone which I told you he wasn't. 

Nate was a problem.

• Thanks 1

The problem is Nick and Tony listened to f***ing Reddit and some guys who don't understand the game on Hawksquawk and decided to get a 6'5 180 pound PG to play next to a 6'1 160 pound PG and act like this shit was going to work. It was a damn joke from the jump. As @benhillboy said, we were getting good value from Delon. We didn't need another f***ing PG. We just need a f***ing center who ain't trash outside of the PnR on offense and to move JC, he's useless on a squad trying to do shit unless they play like the Bud-Horford Hawks and even then, he don't defend well enough to be on that squad as a key player and TS overpay him because Trae begged like a bitch to get him paid. But but, he deserves his money. We went to the ECF. I hate that f***ing season because it led to stupid FO decisions. We should have never stop tanking. It was clear, we needed more. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dude. I'm RIGHT HERE!

Did you not say this is the worst job and NO DECENT COACH would want the job?  That's the fact.

We got a the best available coach prior to the offseason that's working on the fly.

YOU HAVE NO POINT.

Nate was a problem.

I know, I was just calling you out to speak on that shit as you upped it as aha moment. I wanted you to speak on it and thank you for doing such. Shows great character and why I love you so much as a poster. You stand on what you say. 

It's the worst job in the NBA. Look at the contracts. It's not pretty and you up-and-comers want their paper and deserve it. 

We did and look at the results. This offseason, we will have a clearer picture but maybe we won't. 

My point was always clear. Our issue isn't fixable by a coaching hire. 

A problem ain't the problem. We had major issues and they are still the same issues. 

The one thing that the coaching hire did was motivate Trae. That I can see. Other than that. I still see everything else being the same. This overly aggressive-defense is killing us. This shit looks awful. I see why we played that BS we did under Nate aka prevent defense.