• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know, I was just calling you out to speak on that shit as you upped it as aha moment. I wanted you to speak on it and thank you for doing such. Shows great character and why I love you so much as a poster. You stand on what you say. 

It's the worst job in the NBA. Look at the contracts. It's not pretty and you up-and-comers want their paper and deserve it. 

We did and look at the results. This offseason, we will have a clearer picture but maybe we won't. 

My point was always clear. Our issue isn't fixable by a coaching hire. 

A problem ain't the problem. We had major issues and they are still the same issues. 

Win or lose, game to game. I am here. I don't just show up and spout off when we win or when when we lose. I stay the same. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's not overly aggressive defense... 
It's a lack of defense.

Dudes are going in and getting easy layups. 

PNR works to a tee against it. 

It's not overly aggressive.. it's nonexistent. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's not overly aggressive defense... 
It's a lack of defense.

Dudes are going in and getting easy layups. 

PNR works to a tee against it. 

It's not overly aggressive.. it's nonexistent. 

This defense under Quin is over-aggressive, fouls too much, and blows way too many assignments. Under Nate, they blew assignments but generally kept the O in front of them although got killed from range. 

This team is playing a style of defense they cannot play personnel-wise. 

I f***ing hate the idea of this trade because it will kill our defense but we gotta get more spacing if we bring in Ayton to play next to Okongwu. 

Free agency, we will lose Bogi. We need to sign Donte D. or give a full MLE to Dillon Brooks. We need a backup center unless Bruno is ready to fill that role which I hope he is. 

Gives us: 

Trae

Brooks or Donte D

MPJ

Okongwu

Ayton

Payne

Griffin/Matthews

JJ 4 on O, 3 on D

Bey 3 on O, 4 on D

Bruno

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_3-13-2023_11-22-58PM.png

• Confused 1

• Premium Member

We're not locked into this roster. Quin WILL have a huge say in the offseason on what players we keep or move on from. It is obvious as watching paint dry that JC and Capela is not going to work especially if JC is going to be this bad of a three point shooter going forwards. You just can't have two non spacing starters on your team in the modern NBA.

I like both players but frankly I want them both moved. Capela gives you nothing on offense except rim running. I know this is fantasy GM talk but if we could get KAT it would help this team so much. Just having that kind of an offensive force to deal with would open up so much for the rest of the team. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We're not locked into this roster. Quin WILL have a huge say in the offseason on what players we keep or move on from. It is obvious as watching paint dry that JC and Capela is not going to work especially if JC is going to be this bad of a three point shooter going forwards. You just can't have two non spacing starters on your team in the modern NBA.

I like both players but frankly I want them both moved. Capela gives you nothing on offense except rim running. I know this is fantasy GM talk but if we could get KAT it would help this team so much. Just having that kind of an offensive force to deal with would open up so much for the rest of the team. 

JC isn't the only bad three point shooter though.   We were 3-19 at one point tonight.   That's incredibly terrible in this modern NBA. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Diesel said:

JC isn't the only bad three point shooter though.   We were 3-19 at one point tonight.   That's incredibly terrible in this modern NBA. 

It isn't just one game. JC just can't shoot threes any more. He clearly needed to get surgery on that finger and he didn't. It is the only thing that can explain how his outside shooting has fallen off a cliff  this season. He's basically unplayable at this point. 

That is not hyperbole on my part. I love JC and always have. But I can't deny facts because of my bias towards a player. JC is not playable at this point. What he gives us in defense and the few hustle plays/lobs or that mid range turn around from the post shot is not enough to make up for the huge spacing issue he and CC create for us on offense.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

His defense was always hit or miss at PF. He's turned himself into an excellent team defender but he's a shit man defender on big wings, 3, jumbo forwards, 5s. Basically, anyone that's not a prototype 4. The personnel took away his best trait which is his off-ball movement and he just doesn't fit anymore. I saw this coming YEARS AGO! 

To be fair this is the first season that his shooting has fallen off a cliff. It has to be the finger he refused to get surgery on. I don't know if he will get surgery in the offseason and if that will fix his shooting but it couldn't hurt.

He's unplayable like he is now for us. If he played for somewhere else where his rim running spot wasn't taken (CC) or his mid range jumper wasn't taken (DJ/Hunter) he could still offer a lot to a team. But not this team, not right now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

When I said, firing Nate won't fix our issues I was told no Supes @JayBirdHawk

I keep telling ya'll and ya'll keep not listening. At some point, it's best to listen to the smartest guy in the room. There is depths he gets that maybe many here don't get. 

This team improved with the Murray trade but their ceiling dropped significantly. We faced a team with the same issue and got KILLED which is damning as they are doing this without KAT. 

That said, Atlanta could play MIN in a couple of weeks and beat them by 21. Neither team is consistent for shit. It is what it is. 

This is ludicrous dude Quinn has been the HC for less than two weeks with 7 games in 11 nights (aka barely any time for practice) and you're taking a victory lap because he hasn't turned this team around yet? Sure there are other problems with this team besides nate, but trying to critique the shades of the offense or defense he's had time to instill at this point is just silly. 

P.S. Get over yourself with this "smartest guy in the room" nonsense. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

This is ludicrous dude Quinn has been the HC for less than two weeks with 7 games in 11 nights (aka barely any time for practice) and you're taking a victory lap because he hasn't turned this team around yet? Sure there are other problems with this team besides nate, but trying to critique the shades of the offense or defense he's had time to instill at this point is just silly. 

I was attacked relentlessly over my thoughts at that time. It's like you guys refuse to listen. We were structurally flawed. This has nothing to do with Nate, Quin, Joe, etc. This team showed us these issues in the first month and it never changed. 

Why is it, on you are full of yourself when you guys literally attacked me and was talking as if I was insanely wrong when I was right the entire time. It's one thing if I was like, I am smarter all of the time but most of the time unless I am talking to Diesel, I try to give you the benefit of doubt everytime. I am just frustrated because I was shunned, posters refused to like my posts, I was basically blackballed and now you guys want to cry foul. F that! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

To be fair this is the first season that his shooting has fallen off a cliff. It has to be the finger he refused to get surgery on. I don't know if he will get surgery in the offseason and if that will fix his shooting but it couldn't hurt.

He's unplayable like he is now for us. If he played for somewhere else where his rim running spot wasn't taken (CC) or his mid range jumper wasn't taken (DJ/Hunter) he could still offer a lot to a team. But not this team, not right now.

His shooting hasn't dropped off as much as his touches, he can't get into rhythm, and the system no longer has use for him. Last year, I felt the finger played an issue. This year, the personnel changes just kills him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

I'm sorry, but I'm here with this.  Nate was a problem. I don't know what to tell people who don't or couldn't see this team, flawed personnel or not, completely shut down with Nate.  In short order Quinn has their ear, but the good lord himself wasn't curing the short sighted assembly of bad "fits.". 

There is no," I told yall," with this team.  BBIQ fans and armchair GMS like myself can easily say, I knew this or that, but it started up top..including the previous coach. 

Edited by deester11
  • Like 2

Damn I just realized Naz Reid didn’t play along with Nowell and KAT.

Losing at home on regular rest fully healthy to a fellow mid team missing three rotation guys is usually a horrible loss.  With this team it’s just “meh.”  They don’t fit together and they know it lol.

That un-pressured, lost dribble turnover by Dejounte Dashaun Murray that just sailed into the stands was just beyond the pale.  I’d love to see what type of dribble drills he does, if any. 

Edited by benhillboy

Well, that didn't go well, did it!  Hawks got their donkey beat.  Two NBA teams with identical records meet.  Expecting a tight game, decided in the final minutes of the 4th.  Crap of a home game for Atlanta.  After their beat down by Boston, apparently the Hawks were like zombies, doing their famous sleepwalk to open this game.  This loss was a completely team effort.  One player couldn't play this bad.

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong.  What happened?  What caused it?  We've heard the excuse about this being a team of square pegs trying to fit into round holes.  Nope.  This wasn't it.  Hawks have played much better than this before.  

Hawks are not a great three point shooting team.  We all agree on this.  Terrible is the only word I can think of to describe our latest effort in our last two games.

Defense?  What is that?  Apparently the only answer this team can give is, "I don't know what it is.  I forgot."

🥲

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

The problem with the Hawks now is Murray can't guard and Capela can't protect the paint...simple as that.  And of course it doesn't help that Capela is terrible on offense as well and Murray is a ball stopping point guard which make the offense stale and totally dependant on him when Trae is off the floor because he is an average passer at best.

• Like 3