• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Threezus said:

You ain't said nothing wrong here i don't know why those idiots keep doing it to him.  That man goes Jordan and i took that personal mode EVERY SINGLE TIME.   Just shut your mouth and you probably have a better chance to beat him most the time XD

Don't Tell Them SHIT...  When we come back for Game 7, I want them Chanting F  Trae Young as loudly and obnoxiously as they can...  So I can see Trae do this when we put them out...

Spoiler

Trae young bow GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Hawkmoor said:

Nope.  He could be used a a prime example of how you DO IT.  Phil Jackson is famous for telling Jordan that he was gonna install that triangle offense and that it would cut down on his scoring average as a result.  Jordan had a choice:  Continue to set scoring records or win NBA championships.  He chose the latter.  The triangle spaces the floor and keeps the entire offense alive.  You can run soo many looks off its its unbelievable.  Jordan got help from Pippen and the guards in that offense.  The center CAN be a dominate player in it if required.  Trae needs something like that.  It makes the game easier and he can really show his passing skills in a offense like that.  Its soo good that Jackson and Tex Winters took that offense to Los Angeles and won chips with Kobe and Shaq running the same offense that Jordan ran.

Jordan averaged 30 ppg...if that's not dominating the ball, I don't know what is? I don't even think the Bulls as a team averaged 100 ppg

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I didn't even realize it, but Trae's 3 won me $634 tonight on FanDuel.

My 3 team Parlay . . $10 bet

• Hawks to win ( +590 )
  • Reds to win / Over 9.5 runs ( +360 )
  • Over 9 runs in Red Sox / Orioles game ( +100 )

We wiiin!!

Sac bbq at Cyde's crib tonite!! 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Jordan averaged 30 ppg...if that's not dominating the ball, I don't know what is? I don't even think the Bulls as a team averaged 100 ppg

Jordan continued to dominate in that offense, yes.  The point is had he not ran the triangle offense, Jordan would've averaged 4 to 5 more points a game which is huge.  The two guard gets a ton of looks in the triangle offense.  The point of the offense is to keep the defense off balance so that they couldn't key on one player.  it makes the entire game easier.  As Trae gets older, he is gonna slow down naturally.  He needs a offense where he doesn't have to carry the load just on that fact alone.

Edited by Hawkmoor

Just went to read the game five thread on RealGM.  
Start around page 40 and read the posters go from insane arrogance and hate of Trae and the Hawks to total confusion and pain (with a few kudos grudgingly given).
IT.IS.EPIC!

I always look for 4 factors in playoff games:

Hawks +3 in FT makes

Hawks +7 3 pointers made

Even turnover margin (9, excellent)

Hawks -9 on the glass

I know Quin is gonna stress limiting those 9 offensive boards given up.  I feel good about next game if DJ has a short leash if playing poorly.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, LongTimeFan said:

Just went to read the game five thread on RealGM.  
Start around page 40 and read the posters go from insane arrogance and hate of Trae and the Hawks to total confusion and pain (with a few kudos grudgingly given).
IT.IS.EPIC!

Yes it is. A lot of coping going on right now. One Celtic fan even said this game was meaningless. Hey, whatever gets you through pal.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I didn't even realize it, but Trae's 3 won me $634 tonight on FanDuel.

My 3 team Parlay . . $10 bet

• Hawks to win ( +590 )
  • Reds to win / Over 9.5 runs ( +360 )
  • Over 9 runs in Red Sox / Orioles game ( +100 )

Damn, sweet!

• Like 1