• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks "at" Magic -- the CDMX Game (9:30 PM EST Tip!)

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

He's their perfect player.

Disagree here. Miami usually gets hard nose grinders. Cam is pretty, and his pretty game takes him far but let’s not get it twisted, Cam will never be that workout weight room guy and that’s my prototype Heat guy.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 11/11/2023 at 9:25 AM, JeffS17 said:

@marco102, he said this.

So I agree with the general sentiment that it was a good game, just calling out the incorrect statement that those three guys arent scoring that efficiently this season because they literally are.  I think its important context.

None of them had a ratio of points per shot attempt as high as Trae's was in this game as of the time of that post.  Strange thing to argue about.  That is just math.  They are all excellent full season (which is what you would expect from the guys who have been the best scorers in the league YTD) and his specific game was not a mundane "that's what I'd expect from anyone taking that many shots;" it was league leadingly good as it was slightly more efficient than those 3 players were YTD at time of posting.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

None of them had a ratio of points per shot attempt as high as Trae's was in this game as of the time of that post.  Strange thing to argue about.  That is just math. 

Points per shot attempt is a really, really bad and flawed metric to use at all, and I know you know that, given you are a TS% supremacist.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Points per shot attempt is a really, really bad and flawed metric to use at all, and I know you know that, given you are a TS% supremacist.

Right but if you actually read the post I was talking about points per shot because that was the genesis of the post I was responding to which was arguing that anyone would be expected to score that many points with that many shot attempts.  That just isn't true.  Trae's scoring production on that many attempts was way above the norm as demonstrated by comparing against the three guys who have gotten off to the hottest starts.

Again, I do rely on TS% more than points per FGA but the original post was talking about how anyone with that many attempts should be expected to score that much.  Just not true.  If the criticism of Trae in the game hadn't been about how many points he scored on that many attempts and instead was about his TS%, I would have focused on that.

• Like 1