• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks "at" Magic -- the CDMX Game (9:30 PM EST Tip!)

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

You expect people to do better than 1.5 points per FGA?  Prepare to be disappointed with just about every NBA player.  Joel Embiid, Donovan Mitchell, and Luka Doncic aren't scoring that efficiently this season, and they are #1, #2, and #3 in scoring this season.  I guess you can root for Steph Curry or something if you expect that kind of efficiency on a night to night basis but expecting it of everyone else is a stretch.

Yep. I'll take 44% FG from Trae all day..when shooting that much..

I just want some 50% fg sprinkled in every now and then.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Yep. I'll take 44% FG from Trae all day..when shooting that much..

I just want some 50% fg sprinkled in every now and then.. lol

We all do.  It happened last year so it should happen this year.  But I'm hoping for a better year this season.  This was an excellent game.  Love that he won it on a standout pass after that scoring barrage too.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, AHF said:

You expect people to do better than 1.5 points per FGA?  Prepare to be disappointed with just about every NBA player.  Joel Embiid, Donovan Mitchell, and Luka Doncic aren't scoring that efficiently this season, and they are #1, #2, and #3 in scoring this season.  I guess you can root for Steph Curry or something if you expect that kind of efficiency on a night to night basis but expecting it of everyone else is a stretch.

Points per FGA, really? Lol… it was a good game from Trae, but the fact we’re celebrating and cheering him shooting as efficiently (per TS%) as the the three players you mentioned have been averaging all season in just a single game (62-63%) is precisely the issue some people have.  And he still had the worst +/- of the starters which is a continued trend from the first 7 games.

Don’t get me wrong though, if he starts having lots of games like this, I will be very very happy.  Consistency is key though, and it’s early in the season so as DJ says: never too high, never too low.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Points per FGA, really? Lol… it was a good game from Trae, but the fact we’re celebrating and cheering him shooting as efficiently (per TS%) as the the three players you mentioned have been averaging all season in just a single game (62-63%) is precisely the issue some people have.  And he still had the worst +/- of the starters which is a continued trend from the first 7 games.

Don’t get me wrong though, if he starts having lots of games like this, I will be very very happy.  Consistency is key though, and it’s early in the season so as DJ says: never too high, never too low.

Only issue I has was he was jacking too many threes that second half. He made a lot of great plays down the stretch. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Agree. I excuse the shooting right now due to injury.  I'm more disappointed by the fact he has only 1 steal in the last 3 games despite playing 30+ mpg on average.  The 7 steals in the prior 3 games made me hope he might be breaking out in terms of getting more active as a disruptor.  Now, not sure what to think.  SSS so wait and see is my general approach and seems to fit here.

I wonder if the lack of steals are due to a lack of opportunity to grab them with the way Orlando was playing, and Hunter was just in the right place at the right time the other games due the opponents mistakes vs Hunter creating these opportunities himself. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, StonedDogs said:

Welp, 27 shots I expect 40 you do the math. 

If you took 30 you'd probably score 15 against Magic

Too shallow of a way to think about a complex game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

3 Steals - 4 Blocks as well.

Yeah he Blocked some shots, and was active in the passing lanes. But, if he can’t control the glass he is killing us.  Some nice wow plays, but he was not steady throughout the game. The team didn’t play well with him as the center. Not all his fault.. Just sayin

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Only issue I has was he was jacking too many threes that second half. He made a lot of great plays down the stretch. 

Yeah, not dogging the game at all, overall well played.  Just noting his efficiency was on par with what those three cited players are averaging this year.

3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, not dogging the game at all, overall well played.  Just noting his efficiency was on par with what those three cited players are averaging this year.

Was @AHF arguing that Trae was as efficient as them for the season or someone calling a game where Trae had a true shooting percentage in the 60's inefficient?

It seems like you are debating him on something he did not say. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Which makes that a great game not an inefficient or “baseline expectation” game unless you consider Trae to be the best scorer in the game.  This was a very good game.  More of these please!

9 hours ago, marco102 said:

Was @AHF arguing that Trae was as efficient as them for the season or someone calling a game where Trae had a true shooting percentage in the 60's inefficient?

It seems like you are debating him on something he did not say. 

Someone actually read my post!  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

IT'LL TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY !!

Mile high city, USA, Denver.  Sports fans know that the higher you go the harder it is to breathe because the air is "thinner" and when you are 5280 ft above sea level, breathing gets harder.  Playing in Mexico city, we find that we are 7350 feet above sea level.  

At games end, both teams were gasping for breath.  Hawks seemed to be better than their opponent and took over the game.  

A win is a win is a win!  5-3 is so much better than 4-4.  Hawks had more to overcome than the altitude.  They missed too many free throws.  (You knew I would mention this!)  Some of the calls or no calls were obvious.  I hope the NBA looks closely at the missed call where Trae got the Tech. foul called on him.

Excitement!  There was a Bruno appearance in the game and Hawks won!  Maybe it will happen again.  Just don't want Big OO to have stitches again to make it happen.

Now, back to our regular program.  Time to seek that next win!

GO ATL HAWK !!

:smug:

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, AHF said:

Joel Embiid, Donovan Mitchell, and Luka Doncic aren't scoring that efficiently this season, and they are #1, #2, and #3 in scoring this season. 

@marco102, he said this.

So I agree with the general sentiment that it was a good game, just calling out the incorrect statement that those three guys arent scoring that efficiently this season because they literally are.  I think its important context.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Cam skill level is still higher than 70% of the players out there despite lack of playing time he’s ready to go. His story may just be starting…

What happened in PTL?

Watching the game though... Trae still doesn't know what to do off ball.  At least not in every circumstance. 

Saw a lot of standing around. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Cam looked good in a Lakers win. He’s got a chance to stick.

IMG_1105.jpeg

Happy for Cam.  Playing with an arguable GOAT will maybe help get his focus and head right.  Did anyone catch that game? Any improvement on defense?

• Like 1