• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks "at" Magic -- the CDMX Game (9:30 PM EST Tip!)

lethalweapon3

4 hours ago, mountainjim said:

NBA channel using the crap Orlando announcers made this not seem very 'national' at all.

I thought the channel might send their own team down for this one - and no Lauren in the studio. Boo. 

Hate that the NBA League Pass forces me to watch the home team broadcast when on the NBA channel.

I may be wrong, but it seems to me if I log in and watch a LP game from my tv (Roku app), then I have to watch with home team announcers like you mentioned. 

However, in the past I’ve logged in from the app on my phone to watch & it allows me to select what announcers telecast to watch. Then I would cast from my phone to my TV and I can listen to Bobinique on road games. 

• Moderators

I feel like i've been defending Hunter some this off season.  his D is very good but he was awful last night on the offensive side of things.  Even made some bonehead defensive plays but boy he cannot pass or dribble in traffic at all.   I'm starting to get frustrated with that.  Hopefully he can return to early season form soon.  

Great win though.  DJ has been great all year.  hopefully things start clicking.  

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Was at the game with my pops, great atmosphere, the "home" team was Orlando but there was MANY Hawks fans at the game, which was pretty surprising to me. Saw jerseys for Steve Smith, Kyle Korver, Dikembe, and a plethora of Young Jerseys everywhere, curiously a lot had the old hideous "hawk feather" Jersey's from the Bud days. Feel after Young's first half pretty much he won over the neutral crowd, and by the end of the game most were cheering for the Hawks.  

Also something else I thought was pretty cool not sure if this was shown on the telecast: During one of the timeout segments they honored a few nba "Legends" that were in attendance and Nique got a very big and loud standing ovation.

you live out there or were you tehre for vacation?    Mexico city not much of a vacation destination.

How's security in that city?

Okongwu....21 minutes....TWO total rebounds with a +/- of -18.

And THIS is the guy we cheered giving 16 million a season to?

We got murdered on the glass last night, especially with him out there.

And there are plenty of people who want to push out Clint for OO as

our future center.

Geez...

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, shakes said:

you live out there or were you tehre for vacation?    Mexico city not much of a vacation destination.

How's security in that city?

I live on the outskirts of the city in a suburb, have been living in or around the city since 2002. Security is really not any more of an issue than it is in any large American city, avoid certain areas at night, and you're pretty much good to go.,I've lived here with my parents and now wife and children for over 20 years and was fortunate to never be victimized by crime.

As a resident I would say you have to take some precautions, keep a reasonably low profile, be aware of your day to day sorroundings etc, but as a tourist I would say you have pretty much nothing to worry about, at least nothing extra from any other comparable 20 million population destination in the world.  feel a lot less safe in cities like Paris and LA/NYC than I do Mexico City for example. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I live on the outskirts of the city in a suburb, have been living in or around the city since 2002. Security is really not any more of an issue than it is in any large American city, avoid certain areas at night, and you're pretty much good to go.,I've lived here with my parents and now wife and children for over 20 years and was fortunate to never be victimized by crime.

As a resident I would say you have to take some precautions, keep a reasonably low profile, be aware of your day to day sorroundings etc, but as a tourist I would say you have pretty much nothing to worry about, at least nothing extra from any other comparable 20 million population destination in the world.  feel a lot less safe in cities like Paris and LA/NYC than I do Mexico City for example. 

that's awesome.  You must've been so excited to see this game pop up on the schedule this year.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, terrell said:

Okongwu....21 minutes....TWO total rebounds with a +/- of -18.

And THIS is the guy we cheered giving 16 million a season to?

We got murdered on the glass last night, especially with him out there.

And there are plenty of people who want to push out Clint for OO as

our future center. 

Geez...

I think his new contract is fair. Probably better than fair for the organization.

I don't think he can replace CC at all, but he's a very nice complementary piece IMHO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shakes said:

Question:  Has Trae ever had a game where he dominated the first half scoring wise and then followed that up with even a good not great scoring second half?

I don't recall a single game that wasn't exactly like last night.  Dominant scoring first half followed by box score watching at half time followed by terrible shot selection and shooting in the second half.   That's him MO.

Game 6 vs Boston last season

• Like 3