• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks "at" Magic -- the CDMX Game (9:30 PM EST Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

Okongwu....21 minutes....TWO total rebounds with a +/- of -18.

And THIS is the guy we cheered giving 16 million a season to?

We got murdered on the glass last night, especially with him out there.

And there are plenty of people who want to push out Clint for OO as

our future center.

Geez...

Part of that +/- was OO sharing the court for long stints with Griffin, Bogi, Trae, and Bey which was just unplayable defensively.  They got shredded.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

That was the weirdest of lineups. I know that Hunter and JJ were in foul trouble, but one of them needs to be on the court for defense.

Bey is so bad defensively - my word, and in this game he gave us nothing offensively to help offset his defense.

Yeah we're in a spot at the 3 if these guys can't improve on their weaknesses.  It'd be great if Bey and Hunter could play designated offense and defense.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I feel like i've been defending Hunter some this off season.  his D is very good but he was awful last night on the offensive side of things.  Even made some bonehead defensive plays but boy he cannot pass or dribble in traffic at all.   I'm starting to get frustrated with that.  Hopefully he can return to early season form soon.  

Great win though.  DJ has been great all year.  hopefully things start clicking.  

I'll attribute that to the dislocated finger on his shooting hand. 

The dribble is what it is at this point.  I like that he is at least attacking the basket much more and making some cuts. I'll attribute that to Quinn.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That was the weirdest of lineups. I know that Hunter and JJ were in foul trouble, but one of them needs to be on the court for defense.

Bey is so bad defensively - my word, and in this game he gave us nothing offensively to help offset his defense.

Foul trouble was definitely why that happened.  It just highlights the lack of perimeter defenders on this team.  Wes Matthews probably plays last night if he was ready.

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'll attribute that to the dislocated finger on his shooting hand. 

The dribble is what it is at this point.  I like that he is at least attacking the basket much more and making some cuts. I'll attribute that to Quinn.

Agree. I excuse the shooting right now due to injury.  I'm more disappointed by the fact he has only 1 steal in the last 3 games despite playing 30+ mpg on average.  The 7 steals in the prior 3 games made me hope he might be breaking out in terms of getting more active as a disruptor.  Now, not sure what to think.  SSS so wait and see is my general approach and seems to fit here.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Agree. I excuse the shooting right now due to injury.  I'm more disappointed by the fact he has only 1 steal in the last 3 games despite playing 30+ mpg on average.  The 7 steals in the prior 3 games made me hope he might be breaking out in terms of getting more active as a disruptor.  Now, not sure what to think.  SSS so wait and see is my general approach and seems to fit here.

It's not shooting i care as much about as carelessness with the ball and lack of vision.  He's getting in situations he shouldn't be in and i don't know if that's him free lancing or doing what he's being told to do but it's a poor use of him offensively.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's not shooting i care as much about as carelessness with the ball and lack of vision.  He's getting in situations he shouldn't be in and i don't know if that's him free lancing or doing what he's being told to do but it's a poor use of him offensively.

Lacks natural instinct:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, shakes said:

Nique who is constantly yelling bad shot whenever an opponent misses a shot even if it's a wide open uncontested 3

Nique's hilarious, no way you can hate on this lol

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Here's another:

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Welp, 27 shots I expect 40 you do the math. 

If you took 30 you'd probably score 15 against Magic

You expect people to do better than 1.5 points per FGA?  Prepare to be disappointed with just about every NBA player.  Joel Embiid, Donovan Mitchell, and Luka Doncic aren't scoring that efficiently this season, and they are #1, #2, and #3 in scoring this season.  I guess you can root for Steph Curry or something if you expect that kind of efficiency on a night to night basis but expecting it of everyone else is a stretch.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I think his new contract is fair. Probably better than fair for the organization.

I don't think he can replace CC at all, but he's a very nice complementary piece IMHO.

Yeah agreed, contract is ok... but we were getting creamed on the glass. And I was pissed.. lol. 

Hawks still need more Size imo...The blocks were nice though..