• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks -- IST Game #3

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Naah man, his defensive impact is just not making up for his putrid offense, lack of rebounds, TOs and low effort......and stop talking about his size, he doesn't use it to any advantage. Has the perfect body type but just lacks that something.

He doesn't have that dog in him.  He doesn't even have a hamster in him.

It's all about effort with him.

Like you said, he has the prototype body to be a very good NBA player. But he has no motor. No drive.  No desire to be great at anything,

Either trade him or send him to the bench.

I've been calling for JJ to play the 3 ever since Summer League. 

Might as well go with the big lineup of Capela - OO - JJ . . . and see where that gets us.  See if a bigger lineup leads to better defense overall.

• Like 3

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Rebounds and boxing out are a part of defense.  So is getting back in transition and communicating.  Hunter might be a good positional team defender but nothing he does translates into winning basketball and all the advanced stats support that.

Rebounds are a part of offense and defense. 

Boxing out is an issue for everyone on this roster but Bey.

You barking up the wrong tree. This seems like a Quin or Nate Issue

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He was horrendous tonight offensively. He also played with no sense of urgency in a game where it felt that every possession is important even if defense is nonexistent 

We talk about players that have that Dawg.  Dre has only seem to have it in maybe 1 game in the pros... and it felt like he stumbled into it.  DJ had a mental lapse but I know that in the middle of a fight, DJ is going to be there knuckled up and ready to go.   In the middle of the fight, Dre is going to be trying to talk everybody down.

You're right, he has the perfect body to defend Big Wings.  but he's the tin man out there. 

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ain't no one saying it is. Just saying, finding a replacement for a big wing is easier said than done. Those guys are at a premium right now. Jaden McDaniels just got 130. It's just not easy to get those guys. As frustrating as Hunter can be with some of you guys. At least you got one. 

What's the point in having one that's not impactful...none of his metrics says he's good at ANY ONE THING.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He doesn't have that dog in him.  He doesn't even have a hamster in him.

It's all about effort with him.

Like you said, he has the prototype body to be a very good NBA player. But he has no motor. No drive.  No desire to be great at anything,

Either trade him or send him to the bench.

I've been calling for JJ to play the 3 ever since Summer League. 

Might as well go with the big lineup of Capela - OO - JJ . . . and see where that gets us.  See if a bigger lineup leads to better defense overall.

It's clear ya'll done decided you think Dre is the issue, what's your great solution reslove this problem?

I look forward to hearing this. I watched mostly every game in the last 4 years and I can tell you Hunter isn't the issue. Hell he's not even an issue unless he's playing like shit on offense which has been the case recently where he is an issue. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What's the point in having one that's not impactful...none of his metrics says he good at ANY ONE THING.

He is impactful. Lose him and watch this team go straight to the f***ing gutter.

Just now, yungsta said:

azfq0q3z3s1c1.jpeg

No one gives a f*** about metrics that say Trae is a better defender than half of this team. Automatically, those metrics are busura. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Rebounds are a part of offense and defense. 

Boxing out is an issue for everyone on this roster but Bey.

You barking up the wrong tree. This seems like a Quin or Nate Issue

Rebounds are more a defensive issue thab offensive… he’s not being asked to crash offensive boards… and you can hand wave away boxing out and other things as team issues but Hunter has been the worse player by pretty much all metrics the past 2+ years.  His motor is weak, hes not a plus player, and I dont care how big he is.  

If wed be needing what he brings to the team as soon as we traded him, explain why his on/off numbers are so atrocious…the numbers telling me we need him on the bench.  And please dont put him in the same group as McDaniels who is one of the best defenders in the NBA with a high motor and high impact.  Hunter is low motor and low impact.

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Rebounds are more a defensive issue thab offensive… he’s not being asked to crash offensive boards… and you can hand wave away boxing out and other things as team issues but Hunter has been the worse player by pretty much all metrics the past 2+ years.  His motor is weak, hes not a plus player, and I dont care how big he is.  

If wed be needing what he brings to the team as soon as we traded him, explain why his on/off numbers are so atrocious…the numbers telling me we need him on the bench.  And please dont put him in the same group as McDaniels who is one of the best defenders in the NBA with a high motor and high impact.  Hunter is low motor and low impact.

I don't know a single realistic metric that says Dre is not impactful.

His defense is the most lauded on this team by scouts but HS fanboys think he's not impactful, that's insane. 

Why is it when this dude has a tough offensive stretch, you fools go so hard to put the blame on this guy. We ask him to do a lot on defense. It's not like he's out there getting cardio. 

Thankfully, NBA coaches and scouts are much smarter than the fanboys on this site.  

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He is impactful. Lose him and watch this team go straight to the f***ing gutter.

It's both for me. I absolutely think he's vital to the team.  However, he's not consistently effective.  It's certainly not an easy fix but they gotta do something.  

And, no, he's not THE problem.  But he is certainly A problem. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Haliburton will perform like that most nights versus poor defenses but Hield’s shot taking and making just couldn’t be denied.  He was truly in a zone.

Vegas predicted a historic scoring game from two elite offensive teams with putrid defenses and it came to fruition, destroying the projected total.  Crazy.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1