• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Raptors (1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Reasoned argument followed by wild hyperbole?  Last year in Dallas' most important game of the season he couldn't beat us and shot 8-21 22/7/7 in an OT game with their season on the line.  And I'm pretty sure Kyrie/Bullock/Powell/Hardaway/Green/Wood/Mcgee were better than our bench.  Then they tanked like wimps because they were scared of the playin.  But yeah he's the goat i guess. 

Every player has bad games..

And They tanked to keep their pick and get Lively.. lol

Edited by terrell

52 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL @ all Luka needs.  He needs that, plus has a future HOF guard playing next to him. I guess.

But I guess Trae has to get it done with dudes from the Dollar Store, and a couple of cats from Walmart.

How does that look if Trae has all of that to work with? 

• He doesn't have a lockdown defender playing with him. 
  • He has a shooter in Bogi, but THJ and Grant Williams in Dallas are 40% 3 point shooters this season.
  • Luka has his young lob threat/rim protect big in Lively ( who is 7-1 ).  How good does Trae make a 7-1 19 year old look?

Trae went for 35 and freakin 17 assist . . . and lost.

Blame him for the Hawks woes.

Kyrie's best days is behind him, not ahead. [] 

Luka is a superior player and its not even close anymore. You love these same stats for Dre but hate them for Trae against Luka or any other superstar 

Dre is a better defender than anyone on Dallas.

Capela and OO are better lob threats than Lively. 

[]

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL @ all Luka needs.  He needs that, plus has a future HOF guard playing next to him. I guess.

But I guess Trae has to get it done with dudes from the Dollar Store, and a couple of cats from Walmart.

• He has a shooter in Bogi, but THJ and Grant Williams in Dallas are 40% 3 point shooters this season.
  • Luka has his young lob threat/rim protect big in Lively ( who is 7-1 ).  How good does Trae make a 7-1 19 year old look?

They got worse after Kyrie trade tbh..

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kyrie was traded on Feb 5th.

Mavs record at the time was 28 - 26

At no point last year did they get more than 5 games over .500

That was good for like 5th or 6th in the west at the time. We weren't even in the top 8 at that time. Bro, you losing your marbles. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kyrie was traded on Feb 5th.

Mavs record at the time was 28 - 26

At no point last year did they get more than 5 games over .500

Thanks, you saved me the research. LOL. I was about to look it up.

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

They got worse after Kyrie trade tbh..

They won 3 straight directly after the trade, then went into a complete nosedive afterwards.

This season they're playing well, even better without Kyrie.

But let's check on Dallas in about a month, when their schedule tightens up.

They've played the 2nd easiest schedule in the league so far.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That was good for like 5th or 6th in the west at the time. We weren't even in the top 8 at that time. Bro, you losing your marbles. 

They were a mid team just like we were.  You were trying to prop them up like they were a top tier team last season, when they were not.

I do research and data analysis for a living.  I know how to find shit.  That team was a whole 1 game better than we were on Feb 5th.

Just stop the cap.

image.thumb.png.7e98bae43729013445b7ad6618094092.png

edit:  forgot to put my reference source

https://wikihoops.com/games/2023-02-05/

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Maybe, but it terms of wins and losses (since schedules matter in terms of positions in East vs West) Hawks were 27-27 through Feb 5th though.

So Dallas was really not what you thought they were from a W/L perspective as you tried to make them is all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They were a mid team just like we were.  You were trying to prop them up like they were a top tier team last season, when they were not.

I do research and data analysis for a living.  I know how to find shit.  That team was a whole 1 game better than we were on Feb 5th.

Just stop the cap.

image.thumb.png.7e98bae43729013445b7ad6618094092.png

edit:  forgot to put my reference source

https://wikihoops.com/games/2023-02-05/

They were in 6th at the time which is exactly what I said. 

20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae played well, but stunk it up when it mattered most..

But youre right about his teammates.. Geez

But LUka doesnt have a great team around him either..

CC vs a rook

Grant vs JJ(Bey)

Trae vs Luka

Murray vs Kyrie 

Dre vs Jones Jr(who they got for nothing)

Bogi vs Hardaway

Plus Hawks have OO.

I dont even know who the Mavs backup BIg is.. lol

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe, but it terms of wins and losses (since schedules matter in terms of positions in East vs West) Hawks were 27-27 through Feb 5th though.

So Dallas was really not what you thought they were from a W/L perspective as you tried to make them is all.

He knows that team was mid as hell.  People just want to prop up Luka like he's Lebron for some reason. 

Even all time greats need significant help to win in the NBA.

But once again, Trae has to get it done by himself, as one of the smallest guys in the league.  Ownership can't even go out and get him legit talent to play with, for fear of losing a center that rebounds his own misses, or our lockdown wing who locks down no one.

That's why I say, who cares who we lose if we did happen to make a deal for Siakam, but he still walks this summer. The team will have to be retooled either way.

So if Siakam turns out to be a tremendous asset that we can possibly re-sign, great.

If he turns out to be Glen Robinson, we at least have cap room with his departure ( and with Saddiq's ), where we can rebuild the team.

Hawks need to roll the dice and take a huge gamble for once.

• Thanks 2

They were in 6th at the time which is exactly what I said. 

You also said that the Hawks weren't in the top 8, which they were.

Bottom line was that both teams were the definition of Mid last season, except Dallas fell off the cliff and couldn't even make the playoffs.

• Like 3

Game was lost in the 2nd when we got rolling but the lead didn't grow.  Why?  Because we did the thing we usually do, which is devalue possessions and started trading baskets.  The millisecond our O stalled, game ovah.

Only chance we had late was one of our guards exploding, but you shouldn't be in a position to count on that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Game was lost in the 2nd when we got rolling but the lead didn't grow.  Why?  Because we did the thing we usually do, which is devalue possessions and started trading baskets.  The millisecond our O stalled, game ovah.

Only chance we had late was one of our guards exploding, but you shouldn't be in a position to count on that.

I wished Quin had rolled the dice and start OO in the 2nd half.  The Toronto bigs outhustled and outmuscled Wes to start the half.  We could have used OO's size and energy.

We also didn't find enough shot attempts for Bogi in the 3rd, he had maybe 2 attempts? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's clockwork. Our offense starts like gangbusters. Looking like we can beat anyone. Teams realize we can't make easy baskets. They just force difficult shots realizing we are gonna cool off, we do, we give up the lead and generally we lose.