• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Raptors (1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Hey, if it doesn't cost us future, go with the Siakam rental...  But the 3 pt shooting tonight was an anomaly and he doesn't improve our defense... But hey.. if we only lose Hunter/Bufkin, I say do it. 

But it's a rental.   I'm not giving him 43+ Million per year to watch him grow old. 

Saddiq Bey hitting shots wh

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Hope all of you that said hes not good watched Siakam own tonight. Now imagine having that slashing and defense next to Trae

Don’t understand either.  I’ve been wanting us to get Siakam for 2+ years.  

Back then they told me Cam was better.  Also that JC was better.  

Now they say Siakam is over the hill, can’t shoot, etc. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hawkman said:

9-14 makes me miss the "mid" Hawks from last season. JJ can't come back fast enough.

https://www.tankathon.com/

3 minutes ago, hawkman said:

9-14 makes me miss the "mid" Hawks from last season. JJ can't come back fast enough.

https://www.tankathon.com/

Edited by terrell

12 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Trash team. Traejounte back court aint it man.

Murray has no role on this team with Trae on it. They don't belong together. He has to go

Bogi is the best SG on this team by far..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Hope all of you that said hes not good watched Siakam own tonight. Now imagine having that slashing and defense next to Trae

Imagine Siakam and JJ as our PF and SF ... who both can rebound, pass, and fly in transition.

Who cares if they're not league average 3 point shooters. They won't be high volume 3 point takers anyway.

As long as they can shoot 50%+ FG, that would be gravy. And we could finally play a regular frontline to offset our smallish backcourt.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

I meant the DJ and Trae back court in general. It's not going to work.

No qualms with Trae this game, he was fine. Dejounte on the other hand was horrible 

Dude...  THIS GAME...  Trae and DJ gave you 55, 22, 7 with 44% from 3 and  47.74% from the field.   There's no horrible in that.   I'd rather you just said nothing.   Your rant doesn't work tonight... save it for Friday.

Just now, Diesel said:

Dude...  THIS GAME...  Trae and DJ gave you 55, 22, 7 with 44% from 3 and  47.74% from the field.   There's no horrible in that.   I'd rather you just said nothing.   Your rant doesn't work tonight... save it for Friday.

DJ was a -17 for the game and got 6 of his points in garbage time. Idk what you were watching but he was flat out AWFUL.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

DJ was a -17 for the game and got 6 of his points in garbage time. Idk what you were watching but he was flat out AWFUL.

@terrell is right.. Don't bother because IDGAF about plus minus stats.   If we lived by +-, Mathues would be starting.   Oh Shit, we tried that.. How did that work out?

The bottom line is we're two starters down tonight.   PUNK ass Hunter need to get over his busted cherry, put on a damn uniform and earn his keep around here.  What ailment is he supposed to have??  Give him some icey hot and tell him to put on his stuff and play. 

Raptors were expected to win and they did.  Good for them, they have the two best players on the floor in Siakam and Barnes and a far more consequential vet in Dennis than Clint.  They should really be a few games better looking at the talent but I guess the rookie Head Coach is adjusting.

When your bench drops 39 that’s usually enough to win.  Enter the 23-24 Hawks who’ll allow 57% shooting like it’s nothing at all.  

Dennis has played 30 minutes per game in his career when matched up with Trae.  Trae is now 4-6 against him.  Total +/- for Trae is +9, Dennis +28.

I realized years ago that there are simply too many guards who Trae can’t yield any tangible, in-game advantage over.  If teams keep him off the line and disrupt his lobs like Toronto did tonight the Hawks are always behind the 8 ball.  

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

@terrell is right.. Don't bother because IDGAF about plus minus stats.   If we lived by +-, Mathues would be starting.   Oh Shit, we tried that.. How did that work out?

The bottom line is we're two starters down tonight.   PUNK ass Hunter need to get over his busted cherry, put on a damn uniform and earn his keep around here.  What ailment is he supposed to have??  Give him some icey hot and tell him to put on his stuff and play. 

So its the "injuries" excuse again this season? Geez..

I call it "the Hawkspital" for a reason..

F.O. fault for shitty depth

They should know by now its only a matter of time with Dre

We were a .500 team fully healthy btw..

Edited by terrell

16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Hey, if it doesn't cost us future, go with the Siakam rental...  But the 3 pt shooting tonight was an anomaly and he doesn't improve our defense... But hey.. if we only lose Hunter/Bufkin, I say do it. 

But it's a rental.   I'm not giving him 43+ Million per year to watch him grow old. 

Hawks won't have to max him to keep him. If they do max him, he would've proven his worth 

But even if we lost him, it gives us opportunity to add better fitting pieces around Trae, DJ, and JJ.

Honestly, acquiring Siakam gives us our best shot to retool the roster. If we stand pat, we're pretty much betting on JJ to become that home grown star.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1