• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

OO is the issue.  Watching, this is what I see.  He overplays on defense.   He leaves home to double when he doesn't need to.   Gets him out of position and leaves the middle wide open.   That's the problem. 

Just now, terrell said:

Third game in a row where we’ve played decent first half defense (50, 50, and now 53 points)

But then the 2nd half happened..

Quinn just need to stick with the same lineups and use them when they matter.

when we needed to go small we went small and when we needed to go big we went big. Quinn need to do this more often and when one of these lineups get it going and get hot don’t take them out! Ride the wave! 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

OO is the issue.  Watching, this is what I see.  He overplays on defense.   He leaves home to double when he doesn't need to.   Gets him out of position and leaves the middle wide open.   That's the problem. 

At least he’s being aggressive tonight. He still is out place defensively on some plays but he’s definitely making a small impact with his aggressiveness.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

At least he’s being aggressive tonight. He still is out place defensively on some plays but he’s definitely making a small impact with his aggressiveness.

Aggressive doesn't matter as much if you're creating holes in the defense to do it. 

When we first got OO, it took him about 9 months to stop biting on the ball fake.  Bigs would hit him with the up fake and he would jump.... Every time.   He was being aggressive then too.. but to his detriment.   The same is true when he leaves the center to go and help JJ double Lyles.  Huh???  Domantas just skips down the lane and if OO does get back, he's just in time to foul.  It's a problem.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I was just looking at his box score and thinking the same thing.

He is horrible on corner 3s, which is supposedly the easiest 3 point shot to take and make.

Yeah, Bey's shot is already flat... He just doesn't do well in the corner.   On the arc, he's better.   When he gets it in the corner, I wish he would just dribble drive penetrate and keep his eyes open.  

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I was just looking at his box score and thinking the same thing.

He is horrible on corner 3s, which is supposedly the easiest 3 point shot to take and make.

Yeah if we keep him dont overpay... I like his hustle though..

7 points in the 3rd so far... Thats the Hawks we all Know.. 

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hawks have had multiple opportunities to blow this game wide open, but can't make open shots or point blank layups.

Stop letting this team hang around and put them out of their misery.

Yeah right.. lol

Hawks just dont have THAT dude..

Edited by terrell