• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just now, NBASupes said:

Winning a lot more with him than without him

Youre never gonna let go of that 2019 draft are you? 

Sure we could use Dre at times but you act like hes more than he is imo..

Thats cool though

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

.400. That's not good and worse than .500 which is basically what we are with him but without Dre, we can't beat no one unless we have a hot shooting day and the other team is ice cold like Toronto was when we beat them.

Dre is just avg. I don’t hate Dre I just don’t think he’s impactful enough to praise his game.

the truth is there’s multiple players needed to win games for this team and when we miss one guy or one starter it’s way too impactful.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, terrell said:

Youre never gonna let go of that 2019 draft are you? 

Sure we could use Dre at times but you act like hes more than he is imo..

Thats cool though

Dre is a lot more impactful than [some] posters think he is. He ain't perfect but he impactful and having an impactful big wing is critical. 

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

When you’re literally at the games it’s worse. lol I know that feeling.

Are the stands still filled up ?…seems to be watching on the TV. 

Youre still paying to see this team?

Man.........

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Have we found a new scape goat yet?

QS

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Dre is just avg. I don’t hate Dre I just don’t think he’s impactful enough to praise his game.

the truth is there’s multiple players needed to win games for this team and when we miss one guy or one starter it’s way too impactful.

Ya'll really don't understand the game if you think he's just average. It so much y'all just don't understand about Basketball. Ya'll ball watch too much and don't understand why some guys are more impactful than others. 

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Have we found a new scape goat yet?

🤣 

• Premium Member

Saw some late and missed passes tonight that were really frustrating.  Some guys just don't process plays quickly or well at all.  And honestly, the Hawks only have one point guard on the roster.  Other than Trae, nobody else can effectively run the offense.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

We miss him.  We need him.  He is not the difference-maker in us losing these games.

Yes he is. He's not a difference maker in wins but he's massive for losses. His role is a gloryless role

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Saw some late and missed passes tonight that were really frustrating.  Some guys just don't process plays quickly or well at all.  And honestly, the Hawks only have one point guard on the roster.  Other than Trae, nobody else can effectively run the offense.

Even his ability to run the offense is up and down. It's hard to play with a squad that's missing key elements. 

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The fact that we couldn't score in the last 5 minutes...comes down to the coach. 

You can't draw up 1 freakin play to get us an easy bucket?

yeah, there was some bumbling and stumbling... and yeah we need to address some things about our lineups... But  you can't draw up 1 freakin play?

Would of it really matter if Trae does his own thing.

14 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

Bunch of this or that’s…would’ve could’ve….

Had a good chance at 110-110 with 2-3 to go.  After a few stalemate possessions Trae pulls up for 30’ with 16 on the shot clock.  Iron.  They go down hit a 3.  113-110.  Dagger and didn’t look back.  Game was over there.

Yep, I’m done with Young and his bullshit logo threes. Dumb decision making and I’m convinced that even if we do trade Murray, Trae is still going to keep on doing this dumb shit. He should be the one that is put on the block. Take Austin Reaves and 3 FRPs from the Lakers and move on. A major shakeup is needed.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yes he is. He's not a difference maker in wins but he's massive for losses. His role is a gloryless role

That's a fair statement.  But the impact in losses you're seeing is because we literally have no one else mildly capable of filling that role.  I'd say it's a role vacuum, not specific to Hunter.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's a fair statement.  But the impact in losses you're seeing is because we literally have no one else mildly capable of filling that role.  I'd say it's a role vacuum, not specific to Hunter.

It's a hard role to fill. You can't just fill it by telling someone else to play it. They gotta have the size, length, strength, discipline, you ain't gonna get much for stats, it's gloryless af and finding the right guys to do it especially with the versatility we need is extremely difficult. 

Some fools thought JJ could play it but he's terrible at this role. He can play off of Hunter but he can't do that role. It's not in him

Edited by NBASupes
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member

I saw we trade all of our wings except JJ for some PGs... 

I mean PGs who have the eagle eye.

Because if Quin is going to keep sending us out there with 4 guards and a Center, like we have Gobert, then we may as well get some players who can pass the damn ball without turning it over. 

Hell trade for Reggie Jackson, Dinwiddie, and Alvarado.  Bring in D. Mitchell from Sactown and Ball from Chicago...

And let's just be the funnest team to watch in the NBA. 

• Confused 1