• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's the solution to the massive holes we currently have. He's not a solution for us being a contender or even a pretender but we don't even have that player on the roster. 

Dre is an ok player. But we still have a better record when he doesn’t play vs. when he does play. This season is worse though for sure. I will 💯 give you that.
The best thing he has going for him this season is how terrible the alternatives are on our current roster.

He’s not the problem of this team, but he’s not a solution either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This team needs to be broken up. Keep Trae and JJ every single other player can be moved. 

Yeah, I am onboard with that.

Right now, I think this game should open up the eyes of FO and understand that this team is not playoff-ready or play-in ready.  

Tonight show me alot about this team and the problems with it from Murrary to Bey to Bogi and everybody in-between.  I know that we dont want Trae to play hero ball but when everybody else is sucking at shoot, you have to do something.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Supes I respect you as a poster but your love for Dre is delusional. Advanced stats have painted him as a net negative every single year. He is not an impactful player.

Those stats only matter if Trae is painted in a negative light.

12 has shot the 3 ball well this year.  Maybe he could've made some shots that everyone else were bricking. 

DJ - Bey - Bogi - JJ was 2 - 16 in the 4th

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

image.png

It's not just advanced stats, it's raw on/off as well. There is no stat that you can show me that presents Dre as a net positive and that totally matches the eye test. Dre doesn't do any of the "little things" that affect that game like diving for loose balls, taking charges, getting rebounds, jumping passing lanes, etc. His only talent is staying in front of his man, and even that's only if his man is a 6'8 wing.

200w.gif.91c7f96a004b31b2c8158efc23f829aa.gif

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Raw on or off won't say anything either. Dre don't have stocks. We don't exactly have a good starting 5 so he doesn't show up in those on or offs but when he's not playing, you can see everything is a lot harder on the team. All these lineups you think are good suck and you like, damn, how is that. Well, starting is a lot harder than being a backup and when you take an extremely versatile player in the one position where you need that, you basically end up with a shit ton of holes. 

Dre is gloryless. You can't read a stat sheet to know his impact but if you understand the game at a high level, you will realize why I am always defending him.

Legit question:  Who is a current NBA comparison to 12?

• Bad on/off stats
  • Bad advanced stats
  • But is a high value player to his team
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

SMH . . how does Murray properly track him, then completely lose track of him within 2 seconds?

That was crazy.

I was thinking...

Was Murray looking to rebound?? He just sat there and watched the play...  That's bad. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Yes he is. He's not a difference maker in wins but he's massive for losses. His role is a gloryless role

Why is his role gloryless ? Because of Trae ?

It's a hard role to fill. You can't just fill it by telling someone else to play it. They gotta have the size, length, strength, discipline, you ain't gonna get much for stats, it's gloryless af and finding the right guys to do it especially with the versatility we need is extremely difficult. 

Some fools thought JJ could play it but he's terrible at this role. He can play off of Hunter but he can't do that role. It's not in him

So because this role doesn’t produce satisfying SF stats it’s hard to fill “it” ?….then you’re going back to the love of a  SF prototype build of size, length, strength, discipline and Hunter doesn’t use all these qualities all the time.

JJ didn’t even get a chance to play SF since Hunter has been out so not sure why you brought him into this. It’s been mainly Bey and Matthew’s but we all know bey isn’t good at defense and the only thing he can provide is energy but you can’t complain at effort.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Our issue is the fact that it's better to find a guy that can do 60% of it than it is to have no one that can fill it.  We're content with not even trying.  Then pretending it's ok to have Bey or Matthews or no one out there to do it. 

What exactly is the “it” ?…. Playing defense, spotting up for 3s, and only avg 12 or so points?

Advanced stats don't matter for every player. Every player has a role and a different ask. Dre role isn't a role that's gonna show up on what advanced analytics track. 

A lot of the reason Dre gets love from me is because I know what he does is extremely hard to find and it's extremely valuable. 

If you don't understand the game, you just don't understand why I say what I say. 

It’s not fair to take out advanced stats to fit an agenda. It doesn’t matter what the role of the player is. We can’t use advanced stats to justify 1 player sucking but not use it to justify another player who also sucks.

57 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Dre is an ok player. But we still have a better record when he doesn’t play vs. when he does play. This season is worse though for sure. I will 💯 give you that.
The best thing he has going for him this season is how terrible the alternatives are on our current roster.

He’s not the problem of this team, but he’s not a solution either. 

This! This is exactly how I see it. Dre is an ok player and he is needed but the way this team is constructed 1 starter out of the lineup is pure hell on this team. They all have different roles but the role they serve is so impactful that there’s no one else on the roster who can backfill or make up 50% of what the starting unit does…it’s not just Dre it’s all the starting lineup.

Take away Trae - we have no playmakers. As others pointed out already Murray cannot run point a full game. JJ is this teams second best passer and every once in a while Bogi gives us a little razzle dazzle but really Trae is still by a very wide margin the head of the snake for this offensive unit.

Take away Bogi - We have no other consistent pure 3pt snipers.

Take away Murray - now we are limited on who can actually score vs 1 on 1 defense. We have Bogi and JJ to try making it up for it in Murray’s absence but not a likable substitute.

Take away Capela - now we can’t rebound shit. We already suck on the boards but now we really are terrible and will easily get crushed.

i don’t need to list Hunter since it’s been covered but point is all these players have roles that are so important and impactful that 1 starter injury hurts this team because the backup cannot fill the shoes of the starter.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Sure do miss the older days of John the Baptist in the paint creating havoc around the rim for opposing defenses and his rebounding.  The Hawks ruined him trying to make him a 3 pt shooter off the wing.  

2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I agree with you on Hunter, he is not the problem.  We don't run set plays.  In a more structured system he would florish.  

Sure but if it’s so easy why wouldn’t Quinn just do this then?

why is Trae always the scapegoat for what we can’t do offensively for some of our posters. I’m sure if Hunter got a set play and dropped buckets Trae would happily let him get on a roll.

• Like 1