• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JTB said:

Take away Trae - we have no playmakers. As others pointed out already Murray cannot run point a full game. JJ is this teams second best passer and every once in a while Bogi gives us a little razzle dazzle but really Trae is still by a very wide margin the head of the snake for this offensive unit.

Take away Bogi - We have no other consistent pure 3pt snipers.

Take away Murray - now we are limited on who can actually score vs 1 on 1 defense. We have Bogi and JJ to try making it up for it in Murray’s absence but not a likable substitute.

Take away Capela - now we can’t rebound shit. We already suck on the boards but now we really are terrible and will easily get crushed.

This is spot on! Again lack of functional NBA talent!

• Sad 1

Watched the game last night with my special ladywoman. It was circled, Sac and Huerter, I think she likes him but that’s neither here nor there..

We get out 31-8 and I’m like dayummmm babes you are good luck, we haven’t dominated a team from the top like this in a minute, might be one of the best starts and YOU BROUGHT THE LUCK..

Fast forward to the 4th and I’m looking at her like 👀 😥… 

After that I realized, it ain’t her luck, it ain’t Hunter being there or not, we don’t have difference makers or vets that understand flow of games. When you have a huge lead like that, and you can’t play a lick of defense like us, you’re gonna lose it.

ME IN THE 4TH:

DJ, HELP TRAE, you are the #2 guy, forgot bouncing balls 🏀 off dudes heads in pro am games during the summer, focus in on the right play and put points on the board.

DJ NEEDS TO STEP UP! OO NEEDS TO STEP UP. LANDRY NEEDS TO STEP UP.

We have a lot of issues but one thing is clear and will remain clear..

Trae isn’t the issue.

ps Miami screwed us in the 2022 playoffs by making us alter our roster. I was happy when we got DJ but this isn’t that dude in San Antonio. I mean steal are there in stats but the DOG MENTALITY. He got soft, his BBIQ is low, he can’t pass well consistently without turnovers.

Getting hard to watch this.

LANDRY, you on vaca bro? Hope you having fun with wifey cuz you gonna have a LOT more time to spend with the fam real soon. 🔥..

I LEGIT HATE LANDRY NOW. He’s going on my Koncak/Babcock/Bobby Weiss list of ugh 😑.

Sunday at the Wiz. The 2023 part of the 2023/24 season SUCKED! D+ grade at best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

The thing about missing Dre or missing JJ is we have no good depth.  Bey is ok but he struggles as a starter.  It's not that either of these guys are all stars but what we have behind them is not good.  

We have got to bring more talent in or this season is lost. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The thing about missing Dre or missing JJ is we have no good depth.  Bey is ok but he struggles as a starter.  It's not that either of these guys are all stars but what we have behind them is not good.  

We dont need more low and mid talent to fill the bench— we need starter level talent that can actually stay healthy

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I get that it takes 2 to tango and he's gotta work with another team to get a deal done.  But that's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about the build of the team leaving massive holes that it's his job to see.  Not wait til now when any jackleg with eyes and BallySports can see ... 30+ games into the season......

That was the plan:

On 9/19/2023 at 3:56 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

The new front-office regime of Landry Fields and Kyle Korver apparently plans to use the upcoming season as a wait-and-see regarding major changes, if any. Which means, for the most part, the Hawks are content to run it back with a club that underachieved last season, putting yet more distance between the Hawks and their 2021 Eastern Conference Finals appearance.

• Sad 2

57 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What exactly is the halftime plan? This is like clockwork.

🤢

Not much difference than last year under Nate. Except we are better with Quin at 1st quarters and better with Nate at 3rd quarters. 4th quarters with Nate is terrible too. 

45 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think our fanbase realizes how hard it is to start in this league. I really don't think they realize it. Since ahf got me on the watchlist. I won't bash wrong opinions anymore but a lot of posters here don't realize what they are seeing. 

To @AHF, +/- doesn't mean much too me unless we are talking super high end players or specific role players like Delon Wright. 

Guys like JC and Dre, i throw out metrics for. I know it's hard to understand but I explain it to a T constantly. 

47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I get that it takes 2 to tango and he's gotta work with another team to get a deal done.  But that's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about the build of the team leaving massive holes that it's his job to see.  Not wait til now when any jackleg with eyes and BallySports can see ... 30+ games into the season.  It's too late now.  Now you've gotta rob Peter (your assets) to pay Paul (fix the team via trade).  

I just hope he's not weak-minded and willing to let Trae take all the blame for what's happening.

Because, make no mistake, that's what's happening.  No one, not even 80+% of Hawks fans, are paying attention enough to see Trae's mistakes aren't what's killing us.  Look at every loss thread.  It's 99% "blah I can't believe Trae took that shot, thas whywe lawse!"

Duh, no, its because no one defends and only 1 rebounds and no one else can pass a kidney stone!  You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Are people not actually watching what's going on?!

It's like folks wanna toss out the Thanksgiving turkey because the yams and the green been casserole taste like sh*t.  No, you toss the yams, mayne!  You regift the green beans!  You dont toss the turkey!  What are we doing!? 

People want a trade for the sake of a trade and when the trade sucks, fire Landry. You can't trade if no one is offering the value you covet for that asset. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

People want a trade for the sake of a trade and when the trade sucks, fire Landry. You can't trade if no one is offering the value you covet for that asset. 

I dont mind Landrys caution in trades right now and this past offseason.  Were at a big crossroad imo where the next couple of moves is gonna dictate if we have a competitive team in the next few years.  I like most of the moves weve made recently with only the DJ trade feeling a little pick heavy.  

Landry has a much harder job than Schlenk did— its easy to overpay talent in FA when you got tons of guys on rookie deals.  Its much harder to navigate roster building once Trae supermax kicked in and you got a bunch of lingering $20M mid players and a roster that does not fit.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae needs to go to Phoenix because the offensive scheme is ass and they can protect him on offense with KD who's superior to Trae and Beal is a better scorer when healthy. 

Trae in Atlanta always gets exposed in the 4th quarter. Always. He's not a #1 option and never will be

Atlanta runs a real offensive scheme with Quin. I'll rather DJ play PG for us as a starter. We just need a legit #1 option scorer and we need a legit big. I don't know how we get that big but bigs are generally easy to get if you are willing to overpay. I wish there was a way we could get Paolo Banchero

I don't get why you keep saying DJ plays great defense on point guards. 

We watch him defend PGs every night when Trae is stashed on a poor offensive player or on the bench and I don't see him locking anybody up, let alone just staying in front of his man.

The dude looks worse on defense than Trae this year. He has a - 1.1 D RAPTOR and Trae is -. 9.

This is NOT the defensive impact we hoped for. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1