• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I don't get why you keep saying DJ plays great defense on point guards. 

We watch him defend PGs every night when Trae is stashed on a poor offensive player or on the bench.

The dude looks worse on defense than Trae this year. He has a - 1.1 D RAPTOR and Trae is -. 9.

This is NOT the defensive impact we hoped for. 

Smh this whole team is prone to ball watching which is why we get eaten alive by back door cuts 

• Like 2

HOW LOW CAN YOU GO?

4th quarter.  About 4 minutes remaining.  Ice cold Hawks take the floor after a time out.  While attempting to play out the final 4 minutes, how many points did Atlanta score?  As hot as the first few minutes were for the Hawks, this final stretch was colder.

My favorite west coast team, the one I root for when they aren't playing the Hawks, dominated Atlanta after the mad fury of shooting the Hawks did to open the game.  Sad statement about our Atlanta Hawks.  We're just terrible.  We proved it again last night.  How can this be?  How can this team just fall apart late in any and every game?

:ahf:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Tight sphincters in the 4th

I literally uttered that in the 4th.. low tone under my breath.. 

unlucky the wifeygirl has great hearing like..

HUH? :mellow:

Me: Nevermind

Her: No! I’m gonna mind. 

Me: I said what I said it’s about the Hawks and btw it felt like you heard it the first time why you gotta make me repeat myself I told you one time! 

Her: SQUUUUUEEEEEZZEEE ME? 

Me: 🏃‍♀️ 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

The worst part is Trae used to have five plays like this a game and now hes giving tons of effort but the rest of the squad looks horrible, including a big fall off from OO and CC

I think part of it right now is Trae is sharper than a lot of the players and picked up on Quins schemes faster.  Im hoping that is part of what is going on and after some time we’ll start gelling better

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Saving Private Ryan where the battle goes onto slow motion while some unsuspecting soldier is about to walk out in front of the machine gun.

Duuuuuude. Stop iRobot tracking me I was just talkin bout this with nephew. 😯 whoa 😮.. you got some powers brah.

ps My nephew kept saying BRAH…he’s 12, then the whole holidays when he’s talkin to me a few times he sprinkles “nah daddy”

Me: YO WTF 😳 

Him: 😂 haha myyy bad

Me: {this new age terminology be throwin a playa off} 😶 

@kg01 I’m not sure I like this new school. I just mowed my lawn and they wanna walk on it and have their dogs 💩 on it. I mean, if the Hawks were playing well I’d take one for the team here and there but with the way things are going for us and having a lil chihuahua leave a fresh one for my BELATED XMAS GIFT NO LESS after the Hawks blew a 31-8 lead. FML 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

The worst part is Trae used to have five plays like this a game and now hes giving tons of effort but the rest of the squad looks horrible, including a big fall off from OO and CC

Absolutely.  I'll be curious to see which players that will be gone will blame things on Trae 'poor defense'.  The lazy media will let them get away with it but the tape won't lie.  Trae's not great but he's levels better than some here. 

17 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I think part of it right now is Trae is sharper than a lot of the players and picked up on Quins schemes faster.  Im hoping that is part of what is going on and after some time we’ll start gelling better

... and did you just quote and answer yourself?  Braaah.  Nah daddy, that ain't it.

Am I doing it right, @Spud2nique

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I don't get why you keep saying DJ plays great defense on point guards. 

We watch him defend PGs every night when Trae is stashed on a poor offensive player or on the bench and I don't see him locking anybody up, let alone just staying in front of his man.

The dude looks worse on defense than Trae this year. He has a - 1.1 D RAPTOR and Trae is -. 9.

This is NOT the defensive impact we hoped for. 

Because he does and we have years of track record as evidence. We can find clips of Kawhi looking like crap on defense. We can make MJ look horrible if its just low-lites. 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Because he does and we have years of track record as evidence. We can find clips of Kawhi looking like crap on defense. We can make MJ look horrible if its just low-lites. 

You been missing games this year bro? You think I have to cherry pick film to show DJ getting burned on the perimeter? He's an absolute sieve who over-gambles and loses focus, especially off-ball. Even on-ball though, his point of attack defense has been atrocious. Both PGs and SGs walk right past him to the rim.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae needs to go to Phoenix because the offensive scheme is ass and they can protect him on offense with KD who's superior to Trae and Beal is a better scorer when healthy. 

Trae in Atlanta always gets exposed in the 4th quarter. Always. He's not a #1 option and never will be

Atlanta runs a real offensive scheme with Quin. I'll rather DJ play PG for us as a starter. We just need a legit #1 option scorer and we need a legit big. I don't know how we get that big but bigs are generally easy to get if you are willing to overpay. I wish there was a way we could get Paolo Banchero

You gotta let this dream go lol. Devin Booker is the Phoenix suns. They not trading him unless he asks out 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This seems partially true.  At least I want to believe it.   However, the first half told me that everybody had picked up on the offense.   We were making it work.  Very well.. and our defense was causing turnovers.   The 2nd half came with adjustments.  This is where the problems usually start.   The other team adjusts to what we are doing.   It felt like the time Megatron took all the powers of the Decepticons and challenged Prime Mono y Mono. 

Tonight, it wasn't rebounding.  It was being able to score. 

Maybe the answer is trading for Trigga Trey from N.O.   I mean, he is shooting over 40% from three.  Maybe we need a bonafide guy who can hit a high percentage from outside.   We also need some defense or atleast Defensive BBIQ?

I don't know what the answer is.  I know JJ is just getting back and he played well.   When Supes Boy get back, I think we will go on a streak.. but sheez.. he's so fragile, I don't know if he's ever coming back. 

How about we trade for PJ Tucker.  

Speaking about various stats and what they may or may not mean, I'm reminded of what my dad frequently would tell me;

"Figures don't lie, but remember, liars can figure!"

What does this mean?  You can prove most anything if you use only certain figures and leave out other figures.  Not saying anything about any poster.  Example:  If we only see the stats from the 1st quarter of last night's game, it is obvious that Atlanta won!  But we watched the 4th quarter and we know the awful truth.  Go figure!

:ahf:

• Like 1