• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just now, NBASupes said:

It's a hard role to fill. You can't just fill it by telling someone else to play it. They gotta have the size, length, strength, discipline, you ain't gonna get much for stats, it's gloryless af and finding the right guys to do it especially with the versatility we need is extremely difficult. 

Our issue is the fact that it's better to find a guy that can do 60% of it than it is to have no one that can fill it.  We're content with not even trying.  Then pretending it's ok to have Bey or Matthews or no one out there to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

@benhillboy should be happy this game, with Trae make 2 corner 3s.

He’ll be well over 50% for his career from the corner now.  The staff really should design more ways for him to get em up.  Unfortunately soon-to-be-traded-and-draft-assets-wasted ass DJ simply doesn’t have the floor command nor passing chops to draw and kick, let alone skip pass to the corner.  Trae doesn’t exactly have the patience to camp there either lol.  It would create more space and variety for the offense but hey Quin knows better than me.

I’d love to hear what Quin told DJ his role is because I don’t see a clear defined one.  Being a tweener who’s pretty f&@kin weak may have something to do with it.

Trae is indeed now 1-7 versus his peers (Ball, Haliburton, Brunson, SGA, Morant, Fox, Garland) but this one might’ve been the worst.  I didn’t watch until the inevitable fourth quarter meltdown but I do know the Hawks were up 23 😞

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

9 hours ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Supes I respect you as a poster but your love for Dre is delusional. Advanced stats have painted him as a net negative every single year. He is not an impactful player.

Advanced stats don't matter for every player. Every player has a role and a different ask. Dre role isn't a role that's gonna show up on what advanced analytics track. 

A lot of the reason Dre gets love from me is because I know what he does is extremely hard to find and it's extremely valuable. 

[]

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

All of this which is why I'm truly boggled at this idea of trading Trae to make Murray the point guard.  No offense to him, but Murray just can't run an offense.  The fact that the Hawks' offense is elite with three non-passers, slow processors, and shaky ball-handlers in the starting lineup is remarkable and speaks to the load Trae is carrying.

In the first half, I thought Trae had a cape and a magic wand and a spell book.  Those passes to Clint and JJ ... Damn.

But 2nd half.. you have to anticipate adjustments.  And even if you don't you have to be able to make adjustment of your own.

Nobody's going to call OO's name but OO played like DOO DOO.

Siddiq can't hit the broad side of a barn..

And I don't know what has happened to Bogi. 

I miss Hunter.   At least he could come in and score.  When he gets his weakly body together and get back.. we may go on a winning streak with him and JJ...  But how long with his weakly body last?

• Sad 2

tenor.gif?itemid=12307440

To be honest, seeing all of this is making me laugh

I know that this team is having problems like every other team but saying stuff like "trading Trae" (even know that he was off) or saying that Dre would have made a difference (imo, Trae would have more reboards than him) is crazy and I have to laugh.

But in seriously, change needs to happen and the Hawks is on the clock because the way they are playing, they will be working on draft position than getting to the playoffs.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae:  7 - 18

Murray:  7 - 20

Bogi:  4 - 14

Bey:  4 - 13

Can't wait to see the 2nd half shooting, because those numbers will look a lot worse.

This team must get a legit frontcourt scoring option.  Or play big to get more offensive rebound chances.

Jesus . . .

image.thumb.png.754b05c9394ef3856be750b25585a56a.png

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

..  But how long with his weakly body last?

It's weak to weak with him, right? 😉

Heh, Trae makes guys look so good,at times, that people don't realize how high he's elevating them.  So much so that people are deluded into thinking these dudes are good enough without Trae.  It's weird. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, SalvorMallow said:

image.png

It's not just advanced stats, it's raw on/off as well. There is no stat that you can show me that presents Dre as a net positive. 

Raw on or off won't say anything either. Dre don't have stocks. We don't exactly have a good starting 5 so he doesn't show up in those on or offs but when he's not playing, you can see everything is a lot harder on the team. All these lineups you think are good suck and you like, damn, how is that. Well, starting is a lot harder than being a backup and when you take an extremely versatile player in the one position where you need that, you basically end up with a shit ton of holes. 

Dre is gloryless. You can't read a stat sheet to know his impact but if you understand the game at a high level, you will realize why I am always defending him.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Raw on or off won't say anything either. Dre don't have stocks. We don't exactly have a good starting 5 so he doesn't show up in those on or offs but when he's not playing, you can see everything is a lot harder on the team. All these lineups you think are good suck and you like, damn, how is that. Well, starting is a lot harder than being a backup and when you take an extremely versatile player in the one position where you need that, you basically end up with a shit ton of holes. 

Dre is gloryless. You can't read a stat sheet to know his impact but if you understand the game at a high level, you will realize why I am always defending him.

Why doesn't he have any value around the league then? NO should be chomping at the bit to swap him for Alvarado and a first (and so am I).

• Thanks 2

Just now, SalvorMallow said:

Why doesn't he have any value around the league then? NO should be chomping at the bit to swap him for Alvarado and a first (and so am I).

A 1st is massive value around the league. No one is giving always 1sts anymore due to the new salary structure and drafts not being as terrible as they used to be. Ya'll gotta understand trade value. 

Dre also gotta be healthy which harms his trade value.