• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's the frontcourt where we are lacking . . . as evident by what Wendell Carter is doing to us right now.

Will Q play the big lineup tonight???

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

13 TOs? What am I seeing?

Boxscore watching tonight.

It’s not pretty.  Tossing passes out of bounds.  Long passes down court intercepted.  Strips and takeaways.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

On offense - yes. Just 💩 on defense, hustle and rebounding 

You normally want 3 standout defenders strorting so I feel you.  Still, Dre is pretty talented defending on ball, Clint was an anchoring talent a short time ago, and OO is a gifted shot blocker and has success guarding highly mobile, like-sized high scoring Bigs like Giannis and Banchero.  I just reject the notion that this group has been talent-starved around Trae.  Hawks have done as well as they could considering the tax restrictions and allowing Trae to influence roster moves.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, benhillboy said:

You normally want 3 standout defenders strorting so I feel you.  Still, Dre is pretty talented defending on ball, Clint was an anchoring talent a short time ago, and OO is a gifted shot blocker and has success guarding highly mobile, like-sized high scoring Bigs like Giannis and Banchero.  I just reject the notion that this group has been talent-starved around Trae.  Hawks have done as well as they could considering the tax restrictions and allowing Trae to influence roster moves.

Stop telling that lie on 12.  I don't go through all of those detailed posts full of data, for nothing.  I do it so people can see it for themselves.

He's stopping people at the same rate that Trae and DJ does ( almost 50% FG ).  None of his defensive metrics ( team or individual ) say that he's a talented on ball defender.  Even Clint and OO don't stop people below league average defensively.  It's just that this team is so bad defensively, his C+ defense is an asset to a team that is overall a D+ on defense.

We're bottom 5 in defensive rebounding, which is the last part of rebounding.  Even in this game, we're getting killed on the boards ( 9 offensive rebounds already ). 

If we can just shore up that aspect of our team, we would maybe have 5 - 6 more wins.  But to do that, Quin has to stop putting out small lineups, and stop acting like Saddiq Bey is some sort of 3 position player who can play all of them at high levels.  Bey tries hard, but he's too small and he's not a great athlete.

JJ should be the guy playing multiple positions, even alongside Clint and OO in a big lineup.  But Quin is not that "creative" for that type of fix.

4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

How many offensive rebounds these dudes got 100?  Dammit man.

But this team has so much talent?

The frontline refuses to box out.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Who is the best player Trae has ever played with?

19 minutes ago, Nash said:

Sorry 7 TO's lol

Trae is at his avg already with 4 at the half..

Murray and JJ are trying to catch him with 3.. smh

• Premium Member

After 13 TOs in a quarter and a half, only 1 TO the last 6 minutes. We don't need to give the magic extra possessions.

Now box out and rebound. 11 ORebs and I'm sure the Magic scored on most of them.

8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Only down 2 with 14 turnovers, 11 offensive rebounds surrendered, and only 3 threes made.  How?

I was going to go with free throws and points off turnovers.  But I’ll stick with It’s a miracle.  Playin’ like a bunch of Bull Durham lolly gaggers.

20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Who is the best player Trae has ever played with?

Best talent I’d have to toss up between Gallo, Jalen, and DJ.  Best player?  Unfortunately Clint.  But he was also as good of a compliment and supplement as you could pair with Trae based on his willingness to screen, mild temperament, never needing the ball, high end anchor who covers perimeter mistakes, and an elite lob threat.

I’d rather have 3 3rd Team All NBA players who fit great together than 3 First Teamers who fit poorly.

Damn Jalen just brought Bitazde closer to retirement.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2