Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Best talent I’d have to toss up between Gallo, Jalen, and DJ.  Best player?  Unfortunately Clint.  But he was also as good of a compliment as you could pair with Trae based on his willingness to screen, mild temperament, never needing the ball, high end anchor, and elite lob threat

Damn Jalen just brought Bitazde closer to retirement.

So there you go.

• When we had Gallo, who could score at 3 levels and was a long 6 - 10 player
  • along with Clint ( who was still defending and rebounding at a high level )
  • and Collins, who was arguably a top 10 PF at the time
  • and Lou Williams ( who still had 6MOY scoring ability )
  • and Bogi ( who was shooting a historic levels from 3 )

we went to the EC Finals and was 2 games and a Trae injury from the NBA Finals.  And we went to the EC Finals on the backs of playing a "big" lineup of Capela - Collins - Gallo in critical minutes, with Bogi at the 2.

Even 12 did play good defense on Randle in the Knicks series.

This current team does very little of the key elements that the team 3 years ago did, which is why we're in this predicament.

And to Nate's credit, he exploited matchups and played to player's strengths individually.  That squad could definitely do it.

This one . . only Trae, DJ, and Bogi ( sometimes ) can do it.   JJ is still a work in progress and is nowhere near his top level as a player ( we hope ).

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Quin running a 7.5 man lineup tonight.

Sometimes I wonder, I just wonder if he's proving a point to the front office............I'll leave it at that. Cuz some of this stuff is head scratching.

I still don't understand why Quin feels that he can't play JJ with Clint and OO.  That would make us at least NBA height on the front line, with 3 guys who can contest shots and grab rebounds.

Bey isn't contesting anything and is just too small on most nights.

Bogi and Bey should play together for shooting purposes.  But if you're having rebounding issues and giving up 2nd chance points, go to a bigger frontline.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It might be possible for Trae and DJ to get 10 TOs each. 🤓

Both are just trying to do too much off the dribble.

Orlando is a big team up front, so it makes it difficult to get into the paint.

At least Bogi's shot is going in so far.  Maybe he can get us the lead back and break it open.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I still don't understand why Quin feels that he can't play JJ with Clint and OO.  That would make us at least NBA height on the front line, with 3 guys who can contest shots and grab rebounds.

Bey isn't contesting anything and is just too small on most nights.

Bogi and Bey should play together for shooting purposes.  But if you're having rebounding issues and giving up 2nd chance points, go to a bigger frontline.

We keep saying we're making these trades to add size and length around Trae and Quin is regularly refusing to play BIG, particularly when it's glaring. I don't get it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1