• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks (Monday)

lethalweapon3

I don't know wtf finally clicked with Hunter but MY GOD DO I LOVE IT.   This is the player we wanted when we drafted him.  It took him a long time to get here but he is a completely different player now.   Quinn Snyder finally got to him and it's awesome to see.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I only caught the end of the third quarter on.  Not the way you want to start a game, but guys showed commitment to the game plan.  Bruno seems to get better game by game.  I have to say, though it's taken time, Murray and Hunter have shown increased willingness to adjust their shot profiles to the offense Quin wants to run.  That's been a big part of the better play.  On to the next one 💯!!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What do you expect when posters are blinded by their bias.  They still think Bey can shoot based off of 25 games.

Bey is as good as gone with Vit emergence.. lol

I'll miss his hustle, but not his Defense...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I don't know wtf finally clicked with Hunter but MY GOD DO I LOVE IT.   This is the player we wanted when we drafted him.  It took him a long time to get here but he is a completely different player now.   Quinn Snyder finally got to him and it's awesome to see.

He's the same player, just getting much quality touches consistently. That said, his shooting and decision making has improved. No doubt about that. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

It was a rhythm 3 that was wide ass open. I don't care what the shot clock said. You were only up 1 pt. Man up and take the shot. 

I gotta agree here.  In a game where you're getting no calls and the Celtics are getting what they want, sometimes you have to take the risk to get the reward.  In this case, the reward was preventing the refs from helping Boston get the win.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Coming off the bench helped..

He wasn't just standing around watching Trae and Murray take turns..

We probably lose this game with both Trae and Murray playing..

No way we come back from 30 with our TINY backcourt IMO

We won this game with DEFENSE and VIt playing out of his mind...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

Vit and Bruno been hard workers for years. Maybe @JayBirdHawk right when she says Nate wasn't developing shit

Just now, terrell said:

Coming off the bench helped..

He wasn't just standing around watching Trae and Murray take turns..

They were ruining the offense. I'll rather iso Trae over the Trae/Murray show

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's the same player, just getting much quality touches consistently. That said, his shooting and decision making has improved. No doubt about that. 

The decision making was what was holding him back. He doesn't have consistent creation ability so he has to be decisive with the looks he gets.

• Like 4

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

No he's not.

He's making plays with the ball and he's quicker decisions making the defense react to him vs waiting to react to the defense. He has also been consistent for longer stretches. Instead on one ir two good games in 9...he's having real stretches of good games.

He made a pass over the top of the defense in the PnR for a semi-lob to Clint. He didn't have this BQ (before Quin).

Quick, decisive, consistent and playing with a level of toughness.

I can agree with that. All of it. Good post 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aali34 said:

The decision making was what was holding him back. He doesn't have consistent creation ability so he has to be decisive with the looks he gets.

It was, offensively. He's really improved. A lot of these guys have improved. It's like Bud is back

• Like 3

I haven’t watched 1 second of this game but since we won I can’t wait to see it.

out of all the comments the Dre last shot or whatever it was seem to be the most interesting lol…

• Premium Member

The other thing that just flew over posters heads was the fact that Boston was trying desperately to screen Hunter off of their primary offensive player.  Every time Hunter was on Brown or Tatum the other would isolate on the other Hawk wing players 100% of the time.  They wanted no part of Hunter.

• Like 4