• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks (Monday)

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Now I just wanna see us give a 48minute effort on Thurs.  This was weird but 2.5 quarters of really good ball/effort isn't a fluke.  They took the smeltics heart starting in the 2nd quarter.

Also, let's not ignore, a very large part of getting back in and winning that game was Capela/Bruno beating their sawft a** frontcourt into submission.

Loston has some very real issues come playoff time.  They seem to be a regular season tiger/playoffs kitten. 

And I find it cute all the loston fans wanna talk about missing their point guard and Derrick White.  Cry me a river. 

They win a lot on sheer talent and shooting.   Don't know if they can turn on the effort in the playoffs.  They definitely have the best roster in the east. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Now I just wanna see us give a 48minute effort on Thurs. 

Thursday? We got payback first on Wednesday vs that young Blazers team we lost to two weeks ago. 

Might this be a trap game?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Look at DJ's numbers since Trae has been out. They are honestly comparable to Trae's. 

25 - 9 - 5, with 2 steals per game 46% shooting, 38% from 3

Definitely has been a different player playing PG vs SG.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I suck. 😔 Missed the best comeback of my life apparently and YES, watching this now before I read the joy on Squawk! 🥳 

Popcorn 🍿 is poppin!

Spoiler alert, the beginning sucks.  But, trust me, the ending pulls it all together.  I gave it two thumbs up. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Look at DJ's numbers since Trae has been out. They are honestly comparable to Trae's. 

True. I think people don't realize that Murray does a good job of running the offense even if he's 1/10 the playmaker Trae is. 

Because I said Murray is a superior floor general and runs an offense better than Trae, everytime, shots don't fall or Murray has tunnel vision, some idiot says Murray runs an offense better than Trae. The data speaks for itself. Murray doesn't have the on ball ability or playmaking that makes Trae a legend but he can run an offense. Even if it's not smooth and it's herky jerky

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Much better on the defensive end

Yeah Trae and Bey both are a detriment defensively..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

True. I think people don't realize that Murray does a good job of running the offense even if he's 1/10 the playmaker Trae is. 

Because I said Murray is a superior floor general and runs an offense better than Trae, everytime, shots don't fall or Murray has tunnel vision, some idiot says Murray runs an offense better than Trae. The data speaks for itself. Murray doesn't have the on ball ability or playmaking that makes Trae a legend but he can run an offense. Even if it's not smooth and it's herky jerky

He's more committed to running the offense as a sole PG and then throughout the game he goes for his own offense. It's why struggles at the 2 in my opinion. His tunnel vision gets worse with less usage.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

And that's the reason Trae should be traded. It is not who is the better player. It is which player makes the team better. And I think that is DJM.

Murray is clearly the leader of the team... And the players love him..

Just listen when the guys talk about him

I never here them talk this way about Trae..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Just like I said a while back.. He can put up similar numbers with Trae usage...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I really hope Murray goes to a team he can help and still be one of the main guys 

I hope he stays.. Our role players wont be happy if he's moved.. 

I honestly believe they'd rather keep him over Trae..

• Like 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah Trae and Bey both are a detriment defensively..

Murray is also a detriment at SG.  Combine this with the changes in how the league is calling the call and a healthy dose of weaker opponents and it is a nice recipe for improved defense relative to our numbers earlier in the season.  

This was a really good win once the frontcourt asserted themselves in the 2Q.  A big part of that was the defense even if this wasn't a standout game in terms of points allowed. The Celtics are one of the best teams so 118 is a very good performance against them (one 3 better than their season average).

• Like 2

Just now, terrell said:

I hope he stays.. Our role players wont be happy if he's moved.. 

I honestly believe they'd rather keep him over Trae..

I feel you to a degree. His teammates love him

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae shouldn't be traded unless it's for Devin Booker. 

Murray can't do this and you need this in the playoffs

Now do defense..

• Haha 1

Just now, AHF said:

Murray is also a detriment at SG.  Combine this with the changes in how the league is calling the call and a healthy dose of weaker opponents and it is a nice recipe for improved defense relative to our numbers earlier in the season.  

This was a really good win once the frontcourt asserted themselves in the 2Q.  A big part of that was the defense even if this wasn't a standout game in terms of points allowed.

27 points combined for Bruno and Clint. 

Last 10 games, Clint getting 11.3 paint touches a game. 

Bruno 5 and his per36 is 10 paint touches 

Our center centric style is working again and even though Clint regressed, he still has vintage moments. 

• Like 1