• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks (Monday)

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What? Wait why can’t we make it work? Look there are ups and down in basketball 🏀 like in life. Take Horford last night for example, he looked like his usual rebounding self… scared 😨 isn’t afraid to admit it, sphincter all tightened up.. 

JUST LOOK 👀 CLINT CLOWNED 🤡 THAT SORRY DOUCHE! 

Go Hawks!

IMG_3910.jpeg

IMG_3909.jpeg

That player was like, "Yay, lemme grab this reboard....OHHH WTF Where this dude come from?!!?"

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

People focus so much on Trae's upside, they ignore his downside. 

I only focus on your upside, bleachk. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ok you want make Trae the center of the universe and every decision is first and foremost, what does this player do for Trae? Ok go right ahead. To me that's not worth it. Im willing to bet the overwhelming majority of NBA general managers would think that's not worth it either. 

I'm willing to bet most GMs would do whatever it takes to add an NBA Championship to their resume'. If you have a guy that can get you a Championship, you build around him. The Hawks have the advantage of having done it before with immediate results.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

That's kind of my argument. Maybe DJ isn't quite as good as Trae, but maybe he's not as limiting either. It seems like getting the fit right around Trae isn't easy. We need a certain type of center, a certain type of wing, etc. I'm not just not sure Trae is worth that type of all encompassing roster construction where every decision has him in mind. If the right Trae trade is out there, and that's a big if of course, I would strongly consider it. 

The most important part is the center. The year we went to the ECF, we were winning with Tony Snell and Solo as wings. 

Capela was in the top 10 of all advanced metrics that year for us. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Go to San Antonio forum, their d*ck is rock hard for Trae. They had Murray and I don't see this fight for him but he ain't him.

That's the best argument that shuts this convo down. All the Spurs fans are praying for us to get rid of Trae, they aren't even thinking about Murray.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

That's the best argument that shuts this convo down. All the Spurs fans are praying for us to get rid of Trae, they aren't even thinking about Murray.

At all. They aren't stupid. They know who's the star. The one with the 60 win on ball offense. They know. Only people they trying to fool is the Hawks but we know too. They never even used to talk about us, now we got a guy getting the most fan votes. That's not by mistake. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Something people aren't talking about is that its no longer building around Trae in my opinion. Jalen has cemented himself as the second best player on this roster and his game is tailor made for Trae. He's the connector thats gonna exploit teams trapping Trae. He's gonna get to the level of scorer that can carry the load when Trae is being walled up, he can command doubles on his own cause of his athleticism and strength, and he can find Trae on the perimeter for looks.

Dejounte doesn't unlock jalen the way Trae does.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not sure Trae is worthy of that distinguished honor. How many guys in the NBA are truly worth building around?

I disagree.

You don't know how many guys until you actually try to built it and build it right.  Sometimes it takes more than one iteration as you'll have hits and misses - there is patience, timing and a willingness to spend to make it happen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The most important part is the center. The year we went to the ECF, we were winning with Tony Snell and Solo as wings. 

Trae wasn't making Max $ either.. Our bench was top notch on that run...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I disagree.

You don't know how many guys until you actually try to built it and build it right.  Sometimes it takes more than one iteration as you'll have hits and misses - there is patience, timing and a willingness to spend to make it happen

I think ideally Trae would be number 2 to a dominant wing or big. Easier said than done of course. 

40 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Something people aren't talking about is that its no longer building around Trae in my opinion. Jalen has cemented himself as the second best player on this roster and his game is tailor made for Trae. He's the connector thats gonna exploit teams trapping Trae. He's gonna get to the level of scorer that can carry the load when Trae is being walled up, he can command doubles on his own cause of his athleticism and strength, and he can find Trae on the perimeter for looks.

Dejounte doesn't unlock jalen the way Trae does.

This is also true. Ya'll stepping up the posting these days. All are good posts on both sides. No trolling, just good posts. 

@AHF, what the heck is happening?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He was like top 2, no? One of the best rebounding seasons on a per min bases ever for a starting player. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think ideally Trae would be number 2 to a dominant wing or big. Easier said than done of course. 

That may be so and that maybe Jalen in tadem with Trae. 

I just don't think trading Trae gets us a better or comparable player than him. Yes we'll get value in terms of picks but I don't believe it will give us the oncourt success that will help us take an immediate step closer to 'championship contention'. We'll just be circling the wagon waiting on the 'next star'

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think the good thing is we do have options, but we have to get it right. The emergence of JJ has made our future much brighter.

That said, you do have to consider what you could get for Trae, but I honestly have no interest in that. I’ve said before, what is better for us? DJM plus what we get in a trade for Trae, or Trae plus what we get in a trade for DJM. I’d much rather keep Trae, but I get the whole due diligence thing.

I still think they can coexist, just need to get what is around them right. We need to figure out our center rotation and I think we have a much better team. Health is a big factor too, I would have loved to see what OO could have given us with extended minutes. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

So imagine how good they can be with significantly better wings and a good bench IF they get another dominant center.  They just need the dominant center and to actually spend money on a bench.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

So imagine how good they can be with significantly better wings and a good bench IF they get another dominant center.  They just need the dominant center and to actually spend money on a bench.  

Based on our current bench. We got money on it 

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Neither have to go.

The issue with this team has always been the frontcourt.

I don't know. Murray is the number 2 for this team and I think we're better off with Jalen being the number 2. The synergy between Trae and Jalen if done right could be like what Joker and Jamal Murray have. 2 players dominating possessions who have a symbiotic relationship with their styles of play. Trae gives JJ easy scoring opportunities, opens up the floor for him, and mitigates his limited self creation(for now) and JJ makes teams pay for trapping Trae or running a zone and he adds a second layer of playmaking off of the chaos Trae creates.

I would like to see DJ go for a true point of attack gaurd defender. If you cant, might as well keep him and hope their chemistry improves.