• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks -- The Home Finale!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Didn't get to see any of the game as I was out and the stupid Ballys app wouldn't work. Anyone care to give cliffs? 

Hawks controlled most of the game until Trae, Bogi and CC went out after their ~20 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Didn't get to see any of the game as I was out and the stupid Ballys app wouldn't work. Anyone care to give cliffs? 

Whomped them for most the game while the starters were in and was up by 18 at one point.  Then put in the 3rd stringers the rest of the game to get them some run and our starters some rest before the playoffs.    Gave up the entire 18 point lead and went back and forth the last 2 minutes of the game exchanging leads.  We had the ball last down by 1 with 6 seconds left and our guy got blocked on a little stepback shot as time expired.

If either of Trae or Bogi comes back in for even a 3 to 4 minute run in the 4th we win this game by like 6 or 7 i feel easily lol.  Pretty sure the record and wins they don't care about to much right now.  Probably rest and whatever best draft spot they can get is what they are looking at im guessing.  Plus looking at backups against starters more to see who they might take to the playoff roster maybe?

Edited by Threezus
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

No.  Nobody told you to go out and have fun without us. 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

We’re locked in to 10th in the east and #10 draft slot in the league.  Not really anything to play for in the final two games at this point.  

Quin can treat these games as practice.  

If they win the play in, doesn't that bump them to 15th in draft? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

We’re locked in to 10th in the east and #10 draft slot in the league.  Not really anything to play for in the final two games at this point.  

Quin can treat these games as practice.  

We still aren't locked into 10 draft slot yet

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Don't forget who has our number this season.  Yep.  Them.  Tonight's opponent.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:ahf:

Any Questions??

:bb:

• Sad 1

You all know what I often cry about.  Make those free throws!  They count!

Last night, if the Hawks had made those free throws, we win the game.  We didn't.

🥲🥲

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 hours ago, KB21 said:

He’s also in his third NBA season.  

Just like Jalen. I consider both rookie contract guys not mid career guys.  Garrison Mathews is the mid career guy for this team although his numbers aren't really different from his last season in Houston other than the 3pt%.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We still aren't locked into 10 draft slot yet

IMO it's very dumb that you can get kicked out of the lottery from winning two best of 1s, but that is how they structured it.  I'd rather root for my team to win, but honestly, getting swept by the Celtics and going from 10th pick with lottery chances to 15th pick is probably the worst way our already-disappointing season could end.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

IMO it's very dumb that you can get kicked out of the lottery from winning two best of 1s, but that is how they structured it.  I'd rather root for my team to win, but honestly, getting swept by the Celtics and going from 10th pick with lottery chances to 15th pick is probably the worst way our already-disappointing season could end.

I don't know.  I wouldn't trade the 15th pick and series against the celtics for the 10th pick and a loss in the play in.  The playoffs are way too much fun AND I don't believe for a second they will get swept (if healthy).  

• Like 3