• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Celtics at Hawks GAME 2

lethalweapon3

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

My theory was right from the start, Atlanta's going to be content to play in the half-court on offense and force Boston to try to beat them in a half-court game (even though it will likely be ugly for them too). If Boston can't get out and run for a full game for the next 5 games from what I'm seeing they're going to have a hard time winning more than one game in this series.

Funny thing is the offensive plan will have to be the opposite of this if they get to the next series. Not going to get into it until we cross that bridge though...

When Boston gets out and run, they are actually decent on offense but otherwise it's ugly even if they have their players.

There isn't really a plan that works for them. We run a lot of the same stuff, we are just more experienced, better, more talented and more deep. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

It is baffling to compare how Paul plays in the playoffs compared to regular season.   You wouldn't think a veteran would get nervous in the playoffs but that is what it looks like on offense.

They are gameplanning for him but Teague and Horford are killing them. They decided to leave Kyle along tonight and well, that didn't work too well for them. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If you can run the recipe of early offense and 48 minutes of D for wins you gotta be happy. It was ugly on TV but beautiful for us who love our Hawks. 

We need one win in Boston and I think we will have to win it with our offense. Millsap has a lot to say before this series ends.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

It won't be unless the starting lineup is changed and the offensive plan is adjusted, but then again we aren't there yet. Wait.

This has similar vibes to the Memphis vs Portland series from last year so far.

Yeah it's a different team this year. 

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Worst red out ever ... Looked like only quarter of the crowd wore red

No shirt giveaways tonight, so I bought a discounted red Mike Scott shirsey from The Sto. (do I need to lop off the sleeves?)

They wanted us to do the Hawks app thingie (phones light up red) for the intros, but I get all Wheinsohn about anybody messing with my Jitterbug, so...

~lw3

• Like 1

The thing I love most about our team is that I'm still not sure who was the player of the game tonight. I saw every second of the game and looked at the boxscore and I still don't really know. Was it Al, Teague, Thabo, Kyle. That's signifies a true team effort when the player of the game doesn't necessarily stand out. I just love that about us. Well balanced attack from everyone.

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Atlanta won 2 games tonight.  To go with the Hawks victory, the Braves beat the Dodgers 8-1 !!

Please, some one tell me.  Why do they keep letting old man Korver on the floor?  Everyone knows

that he never blocks a shot, can't rebound and sure has lost his touch so bad that he never hits

the three ball any more.  He's just too old to be in the NBA.

Hawk defense was just too much for Boston.  Hope Dennis is OK, but, if he isn't, we still have Captain Kirk !

Also, that ref. now has had the home team win twice.

On to Boston.  :air_kiss:  GO ATL HAWKS !!

3 hours ago, Alex said:

All those people hating on Kyle needed to pump their brakes on that.  Probably the same ones who defended Dennis and that other guy too.  

The difference is that people used to be surprised when Kyle had a really awful shooting game... Now they're surprised when he has a really good shooting game. 

He had an outstanding game tonight. But one good performance every 4 or 5 games is not going to cut it.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Good to see a game in which the Hawks were never threatened for a change.

Defence was great! KK was on fire! Al and Paul were relentless with Sellticks small guys. That was great. After all, we can't afford to leave Thomas and 'guys like that' score at will on the paint.

The second unit still has to get (a lot) better, but I'm happy with the team.

WAY TO GO, HAWKS! On to Beantown, let's crush them on their own home!

• Like 2

Great to be 2-0.

Announcer said the Hawks have never lost a series after going up 2-0.

Sap has to get on track offensively.  Still, it's good to see him locked in defensively.  His pin of that Thomas (I refuse to call him Isaiah) layup was a thing of beauty.

Also, I figured out why Thomas has skruggled so far.  Role players usually don't show up on the road in the playoffs.

Boom.

Game 1: Kyle and the bench  were brutal. (Except Scott).

Game 2: Kyle and the bench produced.

Teague and Al are stepping up and leading us.

Sap has struggled offensively but his defense has been great.