• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Worst manage game by Bud in a long time.  Didn't even look like Bud wanted to win this game.  Definitely not a go with the Hot hand type coach.  Sorry Tim, you should have played more minutes!  I can't begin to tell you upset I am with Dennis and Bud allowing him to kill the team all night!!!

• Like 2

It's one game. But how in the world do you let Lou f***ing Williams burn you time and time again?

And it's Malcolm Delaney that he got started off of because he jumped into him and drew a foul past the three point line. That's not a foul.

Hardaway Jr should have never left the game for good either.

• Like 1

A lot of the issues I saw in previous games bit us in the ass tonight.  Not a good game at all

The Lakers guards got any and every shot they wanted tonight and the Hawks could do nothing about it.

Dennis did not have a good game. Bad shots, bad defense, and bad passes

Delaney cant defend on a NBA level. He cant keep anyone in front of him. I think some members on here could drop 20 on him

The Hawks were killing them inside then for some reason started jacking up bad jumpers

And tonight I saw a lot of the laziness on defense  from Dwight that Supes has brought up before. There were several times the Lakers got in the paint  Dwight  was not there to protect the rim.

Bud made some head scratching moves too. The bench gave up all the momentum but he kept them in way too long instead of pulling them when it became clear they could not defend

And what is up with the passing on this team?. So many lazy and telegraphed passes from guys

My personal opinion:

S5:

Dennis: Worst game so far. The old Dennis came to play tonight. Awful decisionmaking in many plays. I hate when he just penetrates straight into the opp. center and you can see the block coming from a mile away. Defensively solid.

Kyle: Defensively bad. Offensively he was meh. Stretched the floor but was always guarded. 

Baze: I dont understand what he and Dennis think when they start to take walk-in threes with 22 secs left on the clock from 5ft behind the three point line. Baze leaves his head behind when he goes to Phillips Arena. Defensively bad. Couldnt keep the pace and lost his player often which ended in a three.

Sap:Quite game from him tonight. Bad from the 3pt-line. Good in the post. Defensively not able to make stops.

D8: Best S5 player by far tonight. Made his shots. Many Putbacks. Made his FTs. Defensively the best tonight. Without his boards and putbacks it wouldve looked a lot worse tonight.

Moose: Pretty good game again. One of the better players tonight.

Thabo: No good game from Thabo tonight. Couldnt hit a shot and made a couple of wild passes. Defensively bad in comparison to his usual self

THJ: Atl JR Smith. Tonight he was on fire. All around good game. Best Hawk tonight.

Hump: Quiet game. Played to his strengths as usual. Nothing to critizise really.

Malcolm: Bad Game tonight. Especially defensively DRussel could go for any shot he wanted. Offensively solid but nothing more.

• Like 3

Oh please. Guys, this game was not on Dennis. The offense wasn't the problem, the defense was. And if you hate how he controls games in crunch time, especially in need a bucket or you're done situations, you didn't watch Teague last year.

The game was on Kent Bazemore being cooked when he got put on Lou Williams. Love his story, but I'm afraid his magic has ran out. Honestly, both he and Kyle Korver shouldn't have been in during the last 5 minutes.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

The lineup from 5 minutes on should have been Schröder/Hardaway Jr/Sefolosha/Millsap/Howard. Maybe it doesn't lead to a win, but the dirty secret about the starting lineup is...only 2 players can really effectively create a shot and playmake out of it. Schröder and Millsap have to do EVERYTHING.

It's one game. I'm good. I thought about not even watching this game and really didn't watch most of the second half. I won't be watching Saturday. I'm going to play the casual fan game until later in the season.

• Like 2