• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

What an unreal game... Definitely shouldn't have taken us 4 OTs to win it with Porzingis and Melo fouling out. But props to Millsap for carrying us once again with 60mins played. His shoulders have to be tired. Also, what is up with Prince only getting 4mins in a game with no Sefolosha against Melo and, oh by the way, the game went to 4 OTs?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He always does though.  Some of his biggest games have come against the Hawks . . . and in Atlanta.

Just glad that Millsap has it going as well.  Hopefully we'll stay close until and if Melo cools off

Which doesn't look like the case . .  . 30 foot 3 as a type this by Melo.

I'm surprised more people don't want Melo here with the way he plays against us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Our games against the Knicks just have a dysfunctional rivalry feel to them for whatever the reason. Today continues the sordid saga. On to OT.

Agreed

4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Nice! He's puttin up 20 in a win. Book it! He hates the Knicks! LETS GO!!!!

Whose this Spud kid? 19 for THJ!!!

We Win! (Just like the beginning of the show Cheers with that young kid and his sign..lol)

• Moderators

Coach Bud's Beignet Watch lives on...

The Raps are losing late in the 3rd for some reason, at home, to Orlando. If that holds the Hawks move within a game of Toronto.

The Wiz had the Pelicans beat for most of the game but a late 3rd-quarter run has NOLA closing in on them in the final quarter. Hopefully the Knicks' fouled-out stars will be refreshed ahead of Tuesday's visit to D.C. Go get 'em, Melo!

Celtics get a home game tomorrow on TNT against the Pistons. Then on Wednesday, while the Hawks are in Miami, the Raps and Celts get a chance to knock each other off.

~lw3

Bob said the Hawks are undefeated since Sap's been here and scored 30+.  I'm assuming that just means regular season as we lost in the playoffs despite his career high.  Go figure.

Its hard to imagine Sap playing any harder but with the crazy payday coming his way he'll try to find a way unlike some other PFs we know.

His career arc has truly been astounding.  Who would've ever thought a utility Big for a pretty good Jazz team would morph into a player with similar career comparisons to Melo and Jamaal Wilkes.  Kyle and Junkyard were phenomenal developmental successes for Bud but Sap has even surpassed their leaps-and-bounds improvement.

@TheNorthCydeRises was singing Melo's praise in chat and was looking damn good doing it.  His best year was with a shriveled up Kidd.  He needs to be surrounded with above-average passers and defenders at every position then maybe he could do something.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Dennis is back to missing too many shots he should make. The energy he brought after the flagrant by Dwight was nice but you can't be missing shots at the basket.

That said he got hurt. So perhaps that hurt some, but there have been too many stretches in his career that are like this.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Dennis is back to missing too many shots he should make. The energy he brought after the flagrant by Dwight was nice but you can't be missing shots at the basket.

That said he got hurt. So perhaps that hurt some, but there have been too many stretches in his career that are like this.

I hear you but we would've lost without his moxie (and if the ref rightfully calls a tech on the ball slam.). I can't knock his .550 True Shooting at all.

• Like 2

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Bob said the Hawks are undefeated since Sap's been here and scored 30+.  I'm assuming that just means regular season as we lost in the playoffs despite his career high.  Go figure.

I'm still too hazy after that 4OT, but by my count Paul is 7-0 as a Hawk (3-0 this season) when he scores 30+ in the regular season. Atlanta is oddly 0-3 when he scores exactly 29.

~lw3

6 hours ago, High5 said:

The last two wins against these guys have had their fans raging at the refs. It would be nice to beat them soundly this time so they have nothing other than their own team to whine about. 

Easy Sunday afternoon without controversy, complete and total meltdown over the officiating in a 4OT war of attrition, what really is the difference?