• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Spurs

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Spurs news media thinks Kawhi looks good enough (based on shootaround, I presume) to play tonight, but his status has not been raised to probable yet.

I neglected to mention that Kawhi's rough game in Atlanta, back in January, was his first game back after he missed some time due to a stomach bug.

~lw3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Del Harris (contrary to rumor, not the love child of Lin Dunn and Frank Drebin) has ever won more

Lmao that's awesome! Great overall thread as usual. The last time we beat the Spurs in SA like you said was Feb. 15 1997 when a young spud2nique turned 21 that same day. :-) Many moons ago but let's recreate the night again.

GO HAWKS!!!

Hawks 103

Spurs 99

Pop: "You good, 'Whi?"

Kawhi: "Nah coach.  My head is killing me and I had a barf bag in the car on the way here."

Pop: "You know we're playing Bud though  right?"

Kawhi: "Yeah.  So?"

Pop: "Forget it.  Just take this helmet and take these big ass pills."

Kawhi: "But coach, I'm dizzy.  I can't make it"

Pop: "Clearly you forgot who their starting SF is.  You wanna regular season MVP to go with that Finals one right?"

Kawhi: "Say no more.  How do I strap this thing on?"

Pop: "That's my boy."

(just a dramatization.  I haven't seen any evidence that Kawhi talks to anyone outside of lucky beat reporters.)

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Howard looks awful tonight. 

Pop is D8 worst match up. His BBIQ is way to low to understand all those screens and switches. Calderón looked lost out there too. We have to play a lot more iso against them which is why Dennis leads the scoring atm. They aren't as good one on one defenders as they are defending as a team. Let's hope Thj somehow catches fire and maybe we'll see a comeback 

• Admin

I know he can do it but I don't understand why Dennis is not a good defender ... he has the wing span and speed but he is just not motivated to defend.   He was supposed to be the second coming of young Rondo on D.  Unfortunately he is the second coming of 2017 Rondo on defence.

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

I know he can do it but I don't understand why Dennis is not a good defender ... he has the wing span and speed but he is just not motivated to defend.   He was supposed to be the second coming of young Rondo on D.  Unfortunately he is the second coming of 2017 Rondo on defence.

Attention span is his issue. He moves his feet and does a good job with his hands and length but his attention span on defense is a like a fly. Some of this is due to experience but some is due to simply not taking every defensive series, seriously. 

This will not be the game to bash Dennis, just like the Brooklyn game. Against teams that play straight man up, no helping, your best offensive guys are going to have to shoot, a lot.

He still got 10 assists though.

On the defensive end though he has NO attention span off the ball.

• Like 1

They fought hard but were outclassed as usual.  Versus a lesser team they could get at least one three to fall and a few more FT attempts from Dennis and overcome Dwight's patented FT struggles.  You're behind the 8 ball when you know the opposing SF is gonna outproduce both your starting wings combined.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

Not ashamed of this game. Gave a tough fight against one of the best teams in the league this year. And for the last 20 years for that matter. Pop is a genius and Kawhi is MVP, and we fought valiently in their house. Next...

• Like 3