• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards: GAME 1

lethalweapon3

Awesome lw3!!! Slaying us with kick butt previews all year. This is it. Dwight time. I got my beat down low down low...

ATL ATL ATL!!!

Hawks in 6!

ps not down with 2k :-(

IMG_9579.JPG

IMG_9580.JPG

IMG_9581.JPG

IMG_9582.JPG

• Moderators

How did my last-minute pregame turn out better than TNT's? #TheLibrarians Thank goodness for the Fox Sports Southeast gang.

Anyway, a reminder that the T-n-T worth watching (Timmy 'n Taurean) is in the starting lineup!

~lw3

• Like 2

No glass jaw today, a lot of fight in these Hawks. The so called sports experts have been waking up the last few days to us, pretty enjoyable though they are late to the party. Lets get the last laugh. 

I like our defense so far throughout most of this game. Hopefully we can keep that up and get the offense going better...keep the turnovers down.

we need to start getting some points on the board before wall and beal wake up!

other than that we are in great position at halftime.

oh and THJ need to find a way to start putting up some good shots. He's only took 2 so far...not enough. Wouldn't mind prince taking a few more drives and just good shots as well.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

Same rule applies that many of us have talked about. Tim really needs to be on from the perimeter for us to be able to extend and take this series. Exhibit A is today's game. Team was less than thirty percent from three. Tim zero percent.

The Wizard had a plan in the 3rd.  Rattle Paul Mislap.   They went to Morris often and he hit his shots.  They hit him, taunted him, and Paul lost his cool.  Paul is our best player and he has to perform better for us to win.  

I still have faith we can pull this off.  The Hawks had 21 turnovers and lost by 7.  Cut that down to the season average and we probably sneak one out. On to the next! 

• Like 3

performances:

Ilyasova: very solid performance, he should play 30min if Howard doesn't dominate

Bazemore: some very good defensive/ballhandling plays and a couple of nice buckets in the first half, looked completely lost in the second half; mediocre at best

THjr: off-night, terrible

Schröder: 3-4 bad defensive plays but good overall, 9assists/2TOs is a good sign: play him 42min

Howard: had 14 rebounds but couldn't deliver in crucial defensive possessions. Should have been benched early but I don't want to write him off. insufficient

Prince: let him defend Wall in game two if he hits his first shots against dennis, very valuable plays down the stretch; efficient 

Refs? gtfoh and referee HS bball

Millsap? should have had 22ft... , he got robbed

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We should rename this message board Millsap's fan club message board.  Dude was horrible but yet he gets no criticism.

They went to Morris often and he hit his shots.  They hit him, taunted him, and Paul lost his cool.  Paul is our best player and he has to perform better for us to win.  

LOL!

• Like 1

Ugly game, not unexpected for the first game of the playoffs.

Too many TOs to win. If Schröder is the best 3-pt shooter and has the least Tos (adjusted for playing time and time of posssession) for the Hawks, they will lose. Like...step up...someone.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We should rename this message board Millsap's fan club message board.  Dude was horrible but yet he gets no criticism.

They went to Morris often and he hit his shots.  They hit him, taunted him, and Paul lost his cool.  Paul is our best player and he has to perform better for us to win.  

LOL!

Watching him get continuously punked by Morris was hard to watch. 

Edited by Marvin24Williams
  • Like 3

vor 6 Minuten, Peoriabird sagte:

LOL!

All I can say is go watch the tape... You'll see plays where he is fouled three times within 5 seconds smh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

LOL!

Slow your roll homie.  How is that being a fan boy when stating facts?  If you notice, I said Paul has to play better.  Did I say Paul played great?  No!  What I did say was he is our best player.  If he isn't our best player, then who is?  Just because I'm not saying over the top things like we should bench Milsap for the rest of the series does not mean I'm in some damn fan club.  I don't over react to too much and try to just state facts here.