• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Trail Blazers

lethalweapon3

Truly awful game.

Gotta get in on Coach Bud too. 

I freaking hate how we underutilise JC. What the heck he supposed to do only getting the ball behind the 3pt line. 

That unselfish play has to stop. He uses JC like he's Plumlee on a bad day. Collins could dominate this league straight up. 

Worries me to see Collins getting the ball on the elbow and not even taking one glimpse at the basket.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nathan2331 said:
15 hours ago, benhillboy said:
I willfully fell asleep on the second half last night, surprised we got stomped. 

Judging by the D yeah they’re damn good.  I wouldn’t mind Aminu and Nurkic on my squad but they ain’t making no real noise as currently constructed.  As a McCollum follower I’m positive he’s slacked off after he got his max money.  No matter how talented I’ll never be a fan of Lilliard, same profile as Dennis.

What's the beef with scoring PGs? If the team has more options on offense they won't shoot in as much volume. I'd rather have guys like Dennis and Lillard rather than the Teague's of the league.

I have no problem with scoring PGs if they’re solid defenders and have far-reaching effects on winning games outside of scoring.  You may be aware of my creepy infatuation with Steph way before he blew up.

Always liked Dennis.  But he’ll never surpass Kyle on my All-Time Hawks list. 

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

You may be aware of my creepy infatuation with Steph way before he blew up.

Read this post on my phone without noting who the poster was.  Hit this line and scrolled back up.  Thinking:  "Benhillboy?  Yep."

• Like 1

I have no problem with scoring PGs if they’re solid defenders and have far-reaching effects on winning games outside of scoring.  You may be aware of my creepy infatuation with Steph way before he blew up.

Always liked Dennis.  But he’ll never surpass Kyle on my All-Time Hawks list. 

I can agree with that rationale. For me, so long as a player isn't one dimensional, they can be a significant part of a winning team. I never thought Dennis would become as good as he's gotten, but his mid-range game gives me hope he'll eventually become a good 3 point shooter. And yeah, you were right about Steph while I was still learning why Monta's volume shooting wasn't conducive to winning games.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Props to Baze being one of two players with 70 steals and 25 blocks.  Bob didn’t mention the other guy but I’m guessing it’s Draymond.

Ben Simmons is the other.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The more I watch how Bud uses JC the more I hate it. Why isn't he letting him post up? He had the most polished low post game in college bball last season. Why not let him go to work down low? Why are we allergic to scoring in the post?

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

"He ain't lyin, doe!"

~lw3

Want to like this but too much pain (both from the trade and the games).  Felt like things were going south when UGA blocked a bunt and had it wrongly called back and then had a drive stalled on a missed facemask penalty.  Gave Bama points, possession and momentum.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2018 at 10:35 AM, AHF said:

Want to like this but too much pain (both from the trade and the games).  Felt like things were going south when UGA blocked a bunt and had it wrongly called back and then had a drive stalled on a missed facemask penalty.  Gave Bama points, possession and momentum.

You gotta admit it took some heavy stones to change QBs at the half, to a green freshman to boot.  I saw the Hawaiian kid in the spring game and thought there was no way Hurts finishes the season.  Crazy to see the change happen when it did.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators
15 hours ago, benhillboy said:

You gotta admit it took some heavy stones to change QBs at the half, to a green freshman to boot.  I saw the Hawaiian kid in the spring game and thought there was no way Hurts finishes the season.  Crazy to see the change happen when it did.

It was a great call.  That is why my stomach dropped out.  Saban is the best in the business and when you give him freebies like that and setup that green freshman with nice field position instead of demoralizing him after a 3 and out Saban is going to make you pay.  You have to keep pounding guys like that until the bell rings.  Can't let them get off the mat which is what that sequence did, IMO.