• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks -- The Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Um.

These same Mavs lost by 21 to the Suns.

Those Cavs we beat were down by more than 20 for most of their game tonight to the Nets.

Find this, and start pumping...

2018-10-24_2253.png

My prediction hasn’t shifted.  Still 28 games.

39 minutes ago, sturt said:

Um.

These same Mavs lost by 21 to the Suns.

Those Cavs we beat were down by more than 20 for most of their game tonight to the Nets.

Find this, and start pumping...

2018-10-24_2253.png

34 minutes ago, AHF said:

My prediction hasn’t shifted.  Still 28 games.

I’ve been hollerin’ 28 wins for months. I’m sticking with it.

I’m still staring at the Bembry 16 boards? Is that a record for for a Hawk that wasn’t a pf or center in recent years? I mean obviously the Sap’s and such but this should be up there. 

I will admit I’ve hated on Bembry and Dorsey a bit. Bembry is starting to make me kind of love him. He gets to spots on the floor, he can pass, he showed he can board and the way he hustled down that loose ball and save d it was just fabulous!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thecampster said:

Doncic started out on fire but finished the game 7 for 18, 2 for 9 on 3's.  His main assignments to guard tonight were Prince/Bembry/Baze.  Nobody ever said Doncic can't shoot or can't use his big body effectively to get his shot off....what we said is he couldn't guard the 1/2 at the NBA level and would still struggle with the 3.   Go back and watch the comeback and only focus on Doncic on defense (don't follow the ball),  He got lost on defense over and over creating mismatches and lanes all through the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  Doncic is going to struggle his whole career to defend. He just doesn't have the quicks.  This is and will be his problem. It won't get better as he ages.

He will also struggle against teams that can defend the PnR well. He’s very reliant on picks/screws to free himself up.

Just now, EazyRoc said:

He will also struggle against teams that can defend the PnR well. He’s very reliant on picks/screws to free himself up.

Screens

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m still staring at the Bembry 16 boards? Is that a record for for a Hawk that wasn’t a pf or center in recent years? I mean obviously the Sap’s and such but this should be up there. 

I will admit I’ve hated on Bembry and Dorsey a bit. Bembry is starting to make me kind of love him. He gets to spots on the floor, he can pass, he showed he can board and the way he hustled down that loose ball and save d it was just fabulous!

Per Coach LP: Bembry is our lead defender, loves his ability to rebound and run in transition.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, marco102 said:

I was at the game.  The new arena looks amazing.  My only comlaint is the seats are too damn small and you need about 6 more inches of leg room.

Regarding the game. I was so freaking stoked with the come back.

I hate that. I am a pretty big dude. 6'4 245. I hated the seats in Phillips for that reason. I might have to pay more to move up

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I hate that. I am a pretty big dude. 6'4 245. I hated the seats in Phillips for that reason. I might have to pay more to move up

They always forget the big guys when designing seats for planes and sports arena/stadiums. The neglected and forgotten

• Like 2