• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dang it. One of the perks of a guy like Prince needs to be durability despite his physical style of play. We need him out there, at the same time sitting may allow him the vantage point from the bench which is a learning lesson in itself. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yep...Got to keep those turnover number up. :MooseGoggles:

Lol Comon man. I know you busy balls and like to point stuff out and that’s fair but I guarantee Prince will pick it up. He’s in a funk and it’s part of basketball ?. 

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Dang it. One of the perks of a guy like Prince needs to be durability despite his physical style of play. We need him out there, at the same time sitting may allow him the vantage point from the bench which is a learning lesson in itself. 

This could be a good thing. So far, he has been trying to do too much, which has hurt him and the team. He can use this time to just sit back and see where he's been screwing up. If Huerter gets the nod and plays well on both ends, I hope that motivates him to play smarter on offense and actually play defense. He's a good young player and I don't want to see him 'ruined' by developing bad habits on both ends of the court. He needs to find a balance between "Drew League Prince" and 1st/2nd season Prince. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol Comon man. I know you busy balls and like to point stuff out and that’s fair but I guarantee Prince will pick it up. He’s in a funk and it’s part of basketball ?. 

I am so disappointed in his play this year...He looked better as a rookie

14 minutes ago, hawkman said:

This could be a good thing. So far, he has been trying to do too much, which has hurt him and the team. He can use this time to just sit back and see where he's been screwing up. If Huerter gets the nod and plays well on both ends, I hope that motivates him to play smarter on offense and actually play defense. He's a good young player and I don't want to see him 'ruined' by developing bad habits on both ends of the court. He needs to find a balance between "Drew League Prince" and 1st/2nd season Prince. 

Well said!

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I am so disappointed in his play this year...He looked better as a rookie

I agree! I drafted him in fantasy and last year he was doing we’ll offensively but lost his rookie defensive pitbullness about him or at least it was fading. I agree with wanting Prince to be a complete version of his rookie year rather than an offensive weapon but that’s just me. Recently in the NBA it’s all about offense and every center is now shooting threes...it takes some adjustment on my end as a fan too, specially if you hate this, touchy weak style of play. A guy like Prince could be an Alvin Robertson type of there are any anymore.

21 hours ago, hawkman said:

He took a step back in the last game (might've been because of foul trouble too I think he ended the game with 5) and ended with 15 pts in 22 minutes on okay shooting splits. Only 1 turnover which was a big step up as well. I'm still of the opinion Prince would be a fantastic 6th man while only being a fringe starter. And I don't think that's a bad thing or a knock, his play style just seems to suit it more than what our offense is designed for. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mcleitsy said:

He took a step back in the last game (might've been because of foul trouble too I think he ended the game with 5) and ended with 15 pts in 22 minutes on okay shooting splits. Only 1 turnover which was a big step up as well. I'm still of the opinion Prince would be a fantastic 6th man while only being a fringe starter. And I don't think that's a bad thing or a knock, his play style just seems to suit it more than what our offense is designed for. 

He has starter/borderline All Star level talent, but the way he wants to play definitely makes him more suited for a 6th man role.

• Like 1