• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

10 hours ago, GameTime said:

Trae just crossed over an elite defender in Winslow

Didn’t know Winslow was considered an elite defender (knew he wasn’t bad at defense though)....that’s awesome for Young! He also crossed over Covington (last season 1st team all defense) in the philly game but I don’t believe he finished the layup on that possession.

KB21 - 3 down and 15 to go !!

Sometimes, things are going to go right for this Hawk team.  Saturday night, things went right.  Three rookies, all on the floor at one time and no Hawk fan panics.  In the 4th quarter while Trae was having to rest and Jeremy Lin played, some almost did.  But, they survived.  He can't play all the time.

That sweet shot of Huerter showed it's self.  Wasn't that good!  And, he can pass and play a little defense,  Are we going crazy here?  Omari Spellman makes his first start, ever, being a rookie, and we want another rookie to start?  Three?

Sometimes, some of us oldsters will show a brief flash of youth.  Aha!  Saturday night live at the Atlanta Hawks home court, vintage Vince Carter showed himself.  His first dunk as a Hawk!  Playing late in the 4th quarter and being a true leader.  Calmly, he dropped in those free throws. 

Alex Len is improving.  He's not great.  Not yet.  But, isn't he much better than he was when he arrived?  I believe that he is.  He and Deadman combined have made us a nice center combination.  And, Alex Poythress has showed up and will not be pushed around inside.

Collins is coming soon!  Bembry disrupts with his defense.  Nice steal!  Trae got called for palming the ball.  And, he was.  Carter got rode like a horse and no call.  Sometimes all the calls don't go to suit us.  Our opponent can't blame the refs for their loss.  Blame Vince Carter and three draft picks, summer of 2018 !!

Yep.  Sometimes this Hawk team is going to do things right!  Last night proves this!!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 4

Y’all quit saying it’s name, it’s like Beetlejuice. It thrives on attention. Ok, I’m guilty too, but I usually just poke it with a stick ??

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, hazer said:

Y’all quit saying it’s name, it’s like Beetlejuice. It thrives on attention. Ok, I’m guilty too, but I usually just poke it with a stick ??

its*

8 hours ago, Azodl said:

FYI, my Sex Ton vs Sex Less post was my 69th post on HS, thank you very much.

We should be thanking you.  Not the other way around. 

8 hours ago, deester11 said:

Does Schlenk still stink?

.... I hate him less ... but I still won't forget he supposedly wanted JJJ instead.  *shudders*

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

.... I hate him less ... but I still won't forget he supposedly wanted JJJ instead.  *shudders*

I think that’s just hearsay, ‘at boi wanted Ice Très all along. See my “Do You Hear What I Hear” thread where I nailed the trade with Dallas and the pick of Young (okay okay I didn’t have us snagging Donciccio at 3 because I just KNEW he’d already be off the board).

Consider that Colonel Schlenk’s very first pick was John Collins (yes, he was “assisted”), then he picked Young/Huerter/Spellman. “BANG!!! ? “ ~ Steve Hollman. Let’s dismiss the Dwight and Lin trades for now (sticks fingers in ears and shouts “la la la la la!”). Schlank don’t stank ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I think that is false narrative. From the jump of draft season after we won our draft positioning, we were linked to Trae.

Schlenk had also said on numerous occasions that he was looking for his big 3 in GSW in the draft. Verbatim:  'It is my job to find the next Curry, Klay, and Draymond.'

He did a damn good start to finding them and tried REALLY hard.

But yeah, I get what you're saying if he was considering it.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, hawkman said:

Anyone else notice that there have been ZERO posts about Schröder? It's like he's been forgotten already. I honestly didn't like trading him away at the time and throwing Trae into the fire but I just realized that I completely forgot about him. 

Haven’t thought much about Menace. Everyone stop for a minute and think how it used to feel watching Dennis, and how it feels now watching Trae. It’s nice to finally have a star ? 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, hazer said:

Haven’t thought much about Menace. Everyone stop for a minute and think how it used to feel watching Dennis, and how it feels now watching Trae. It’s nice to finally have a star ? 

And that's not a knock on Dennis. Dennis was great value at 17, but Trae is something completely different. A true floor general really changes things. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, hawkman said:

And that's not a knock on Dennis. Dennis was great value at 17, but Trae is something completely different. A true floor general really changes things. 

Exactly, no need to knock Dennis but Young is a Nash/Curry type and was drafted in the top 5 of a deep ass draft. Of course we are more happy with him 

:MooseGoggles:

2 way SG Daniel Hamilton sent to Bay Hawks for 2 games.  Too good so they recalled him to home team.  He joins Alex Poytress, our other 2 way player.

John Collins is scheduled to be checked out.  Will be getting crowded on the roster.  Guess someone will be going to Erie or being released soon.  Who?  When?

Good to know that many of our non starters are this good.  Nice problem.

:applause: