• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

I did not expect Trae to be this good this early. While he had two great games against Cleveland , I remained a little      skeptical( cause lets be real, its Cleveland) but still optimistic that he would have a decent rookie season. What he did right now is very encouraging. He was being guarded by Justice Winslow and was finishing over Whiteside and Bam Adebayo. I'm so hyped right now.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Anyone else notice that there have been ZERO posts about Schröder? It's like he's been forgotten already. I honestly didn't like trading him away at the time and throwing Trae into the fire but I just realized that I completely forgot about him. 

I’ve checked some box scores to see how he is doing, but I don’t miss him. I think his best game was the preseason game against us. Do not forget though, we gave him up because he is so good, and our organization has zero intentions of winning games this year..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DBac said:

Somebody has gotta check Trae about that last three (the one before that was alright, not the best but he can make that and he had space). That kind of shot can run teammates the wrong way, had his mind made up the whole time that he was gonna shoot.

Outside of that, glad he finally had a home game to remember.. in front of a nice crowd too. Refs were hating with those carry calls. Trae has a little edge to him, there was definitely a bit of a battle going between him and Winslow and he did not back down.

I think part of it is his conditioning. He was gassed and the low effort play is just hoisting up a deep three. 

28 minutes ago, deester11 said:

They tell us to ignore....but it's hard for life long Hawk fans to let it go.  Me especially.  You'll see him when we lose by 20, he'll be "right" again.  Anyway, nice win.  

That and there's really not enough traffic here to where you can put him on ignore. He's in literally every thread haha. 

3 minutes ago, High5 said:

I think part of it is his conditioning. He was gassed and the low effort play is just hoisting up a deep three. 

That was Trae's game tonight. He had the energy going at The Farm, and a 3 would've sealed it. I'm glad he's able to step up and be a leader 9 games into the season. 

• Like 3

Just now, mcleitsy said:

That was Trae's game tonight. He had the energy going at The Farm, and a 3 would've sealed it. I'm glad he's able to step up and be a leader 9 games into the season. 

He was 8/14 and finished 9/19. He ran out of steam and took a few bad shots. He was very good for most of the game, but that is something he needs to work on. It's not unusual for rookies who are used to 40 minute games. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, High5 said:

He was 8/14 and finished 9/19. He ran out of steam and took a few bad shots. He was very good for most of the game, but that is something he needs to work on. It's not unusual for rookies who are used to 40 minute games. 

Yeah, I get that. And really, I'm just completely blown away by how he is performing. I thought he was gonna be a bust, but I've been so impressed. I'll take the bad with the great. He's got an edge, he plays hard, and is fun as hell to watch. I haven't been this excited about a Hawk in a minute. 

• Premium Member

https://streamable.com/0dz7r

Left handed pass, under pressure, and right into the shooter's pocket. That's even impressive by NBA standards

Just now, aali34 said:

https://streamable.com/0dz7r

Left handed pass, under pressure, and right into the shooter's pocket. That's even impressive by NBA standards

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/0dz7r/utcbld" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

• Like 2

• Premium Member

On the two Trae Young three attempts with less than a minute in the fourth...the first happened because Miami sniffed out the play the Hawks were trying to run out of the timeout.  Not a bad shot.  The second was a bad shot as he had a big on him and probably could have worked or moved the ball for a better shot.

• Like 1

I will own up to it.  I wanted Doncic during draft night and renounced my fandom once we picked Trae. I honestly didn't pay Trae too much attention in college, just thought he was a chucker.

However, after a day of sulking, I started watching scouting videos of the Kid and ALL of them talked about his passing.  I jumped on the bandwagon and I have not looked backed.

Ladies and gentlemen we haven't had a talent like Trae in about 3 decades.  I just giddy!

• Like 3