• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think there are some deliberately showboats passes that could be reduced (ie ones where a simple pass works as well or better) but his ability to make difficult passes is an asset not a liability so 95% of the time I agree with you 100% of the time.

Even then, I don’t think the majority of his turnovers come on the showboat passes. Most of the time they are just a routine play brain fart or against an overly aggressive defense.

Trae’s flash plays are usually when he is in rhythm and just playing loose and confident. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wretch said:

It's because they don't really watch him.  They watch highlight reels and they catch him when he's in a nationally televised game.  People that DO watch him and talk like the national media either don't understand basketball or they have an agenda.

I believe that there's an unstated agenda.   I think they see Trae and they believe it's all about the showmanship and not about what he does.  That's why he can lead a team into the ECF (something that Embiid has yet to do) and he gets absolutely no respect for it.    They don't think a guy his size is supposed to be that dominant. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Even then, I don’t think the majority of his turnovers come on the showboat passes. Most of the time they are just a routine play brain fart or against an overly aggressive defense.

Trae’s flash plays are usually when he is in rhythm and just playing loose and confident. 

I think Trae had a brief period of getting fair calls and then got labeled as a top foul baiter.  Now I'd say around one turnover per game is from a bad call.  Could be an offensive foul called on him, could be someone giving him a push or arm slap where he loses the ball, but it is usually him getting hacked on a shot attempt and trying to pass out of it.  

3 hours ago, djjob23 said:

Wow this play looks rough! Things like this should keep that chip right on Trae’s shoulder. USA could really use his skills!

No worries, brose. They got Jason Hart who's elite at ........

Chloe_Moretz.gif

.... hold on, I'll figure it out.  Defense?  No.  Shooting?  Nah.  Passing?   Uhm, not really, but he excels at ....

Ah, nevermind.

Seriously though, the best part of this is Kerr with his 'gee aw shucks, that's jus' how it is the 1st day' response.  As if this is the same as the Dream Team losing a scrimmage they sleepwalked through.  He chooses to skip over the fact that the DT responded and mollywhopped the select team afterwards.

I'm still kinda fine with Trae's omission, because I don't think the team is well put together regardless.  So my snarkiness isn't me wanting him there.  I am curious, though, to see what impact it has on player's reps if they struggle in the real games.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Kerr really say he does fit our style? What a frickin idiot. I hate Steve Kerr. Jealous twat.

“Because it’s embarrassing sometimes when you have star players who are really stars that do want to participate,” Arenas added. Before his comments on Team USA, Trae Young, who was the guest on the show, had mentioned how he wants to play in the 2024 Olympic Games. “And you just automatically say ‘He’s not going to fit our style.’ How the F do you know that he’s not going to fit your style if you don’t give him a chance? There’s a reason there’s a trial. Invite us all and let us show you that we can adapt.”

via EuroHoops.net
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm still kinda fine with Trae's omission,

Same but now I’m hoping team USA loses just so it’s on Kerr’s record and the fact that he didn’t want Trae. Hope it stinks out like a sore thumb 👍 (see that thumb, like that but really sore and beat up..)

• Like 1

Despite publicly expressing his desire to be part of Team USA, Young was snubbed from the roster in favor of guards like Jalen Brunson, Anthony Edwards, Tyrese Haliburton, Josh Hart and Austin Reaves. Edwards, Hart and Reaves typically play more off the ball, but it's noteworthy that Brunson and Haliburton were taken over Young despite having lighter NBA resumes.

Haliburton and Brunson 😂 gimme a break. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Despite publicly expressing his desire to be part of Team USA, Young was snubbed from the roster in favor of guards like Jalen Brunson, Anthony Edwards, Tyrese Haliburton, Josh Hart and Austin Reaves. Edwards, Hart and Reaves typically play more off the ball, but it's noteworthy that Brunson and Haliburton were taken over Young despite having lighter NBA resumes.

Haliburton and Brunson 😂 gimme a break. 

But they're 'team' guys, squd.  Haliburton who said he didn't want atlanta to draft him because we already had a starting guard.  Guess he wanted all the touches since... he's so unselfish?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

Haliburton who said he didn't want atlanta to draft him because we already had a starting guard.  Guess he wanted all the touches since... he's so unselfish

He keeps saying “they said the shot wouldn’t translate.” 

Needless to say, he’s annoying and Brunson is good but overrated due to playing in NY. 

If Kerr leaves Trae off..

it’s equivalent to Jordan And Pipp not wanting Zeke on the 92 Dream Team. 

Zeke AND NIQUE should have been on that squad!  Sorry but both guys were the 2 of the main faces of the best of the eastern conference through the 80’s and early 90’s. 

Kerr is a manipulative lil b!tch if I may.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

He keeps saying “they said the shot wouldn’t translate.” 

Needless to say, he’s annoying and Brunson is good but overrated due to playing in NY. 

If Kerr leaves Trae off..

it’s equivalent to Jordan And Pipp not wanting Zeke on the 92 Dream Team. 

Zeke AND NIQUE should have been on that squad!  Sorry but both guys were the 2 of the main faces of the best of the eastern conference through the 80’s and early 90’s. 

Kerr is a manipulative lil b!tch if I may.

Kerr is an opportunist, plain and simple.  Anyone who disagrees needs to show me Luke Walton's coaching record with GS then compare it to his coaching record elsewhere.  Then they need to explain Kerr's record without their main guys.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kg01 said:

Chloe_Moretz.gif

.... hold on, I'll figure it out.  Defense?  No.  Shooting?  Nah.  Passing?   Uhm, not really, but he excels at ....

Ah, nevermind.

Seriously though, the best part of this is Kerr with his 'gee aw shucks, that's jus' how it is the 1st day' response.  As if this is the same as the Dream Team losing a scrimmage they sleepwalked through.  He chooses to skip over the fact that the DT responded and mollywhopped the select team afterwards.

I'm still kinda fine with Trae's omission, because I don't think the team is well put together regardless.  So my snarkiness isn't me wanting him there.  I am curious, though, to see what impact it has on player's reps if they struggle in the real games.

I’m only fine with Trae’s omission if it’s not considered an accolade to a player’s career. Historically when we mention HOFers (and yes Trae will be a HOF when it’s all said and done), Olympics/USA participation/medals are usually a part of the conversation. Trae deserves it (especially if he’s willing)! However, as Gilbert hinted at, if there’s any truth to Nike being a factor in these roster builds (rather than their basketball skills/willingness), then these medals/participation for USA should be null and void.

• Like 2

• Moderators
18 hours ago, kg01 said:

Chloe_Moretz.gif

Ah, nevermind.

Yeah - that was my point with my earlier posts about the marginal role players on this team.  They don't need to be there.

• Like 2