• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta does have interest in Rondo but not at 15 million per year. Atlanta hasn't made an offer yet. Forget what reports say, we haven't made an offer. Any reports saying we made an offer is lying. We do have interest. Two different things.

It's $15 over 2 year...$7.5 per

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, txsting said:

Where is Jae Crowder going to go?  That's my question.  Dude is a winner, a great locker room guy.  Everywhere he goes he's on good teams.

Forget Bogdan, develop Huerter instead.  We need to develop guys to the point where they are truly valuable.  Most of the players who have big value in this league, who are now 26-27 years old, they doubled and tripled their value in their first 4 years.  

Forget Hayward, starter minutes on the wing need to be going to Hunter and Cam.  They have to play against the best to be the best.  They are very valuable now, but they have the potential to double (or more) in value if developed well.

Don't go buying stocks that have peaked and are expensive like Bogdan and Hayward.  Why else go through a rebuild if you're not going to stick it out?  Everyone wants a f***ing shortcut.  

Jae is PERFECT for this bench.  A similar guy at the combo guard position would be a great look as well.  And that's it.  

Great post. I'm also of the thought that I still want Cam and Hunter starting to develop, while having people like Crowder/Gallo/Grant backing them up (Instead of Graham/Turner/Bembry)

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

That's gotta be better than giving that same contract to Teague, right? We don't have many people with fire in em, so he could help light one in these youngins. He's also still a good playmaker and I think the young guys on the 2nd unit could learn a lot from him. 

Yeah yeah I know - his shooting sucks and he's an asshole... sometimes you need one of those on your squad. If he turns out to be bad in the locker room, send him elsewhere. 

• Like 1

If we look for need, first is a quality wing, then Backup PG and PF.

Quality wings in my mind are Hayward, Harris, Crowder, Bogdanovic in that order. Fair money for them would be 20, 18, 12, 15. Can you overpay a little? I would only do it for Hayward, up to 25 frontloaded, if goes further let the Knicks sign him. When they use their cap we can sign other players cheaper. 

Which are these players? Christian Wood, Harrell, Bertans, Joe Harris, Gallinari, Jerami Grant, KCP, Dunn, Van Fleet, Dragic, Clarkson, Ibaka, Marcus Morris, Baynes. If NYK uses his cap in GH, we have just one competitor for FA. We can make a good but still low offer and there would not be any other team capable of matching.

I would invest good money on players with upsdide like Wood a stretch big that can play both PF and C and would be a great help, much better than Gallo. On the wing if not Harris or Crowder we could go with KCP, Clarkson, Hood, Korkmaz, Grant, Harkless, Wilson Chandler, all are great upgrades for the bench although do not deserve big money can be a great helpfor the team. For backup Pg there are a lot of options, I don't want Rondo.

If we stay patient there are going to be a lot of players that would upgrade the team, really few teams with cap and we can make a good team without compromising the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't doubt you, but I'd question GH's motives if he's saying he wants to win and yet chooses the NYK.  Atlanta is MUCH closer to winning than NYK and could match the $.  I guess I only see NYK as viable if they offer GH some absurd number like 4 yrs and $125 or something stupid like that.  If the $ are the same, I can't see how he'd prefer NYK and that train wreck over Hawks. But I'm biased I guess.  

Knicks are probably looking at 

FVV/RJ/Hayward/Toppin/Robinson 

Not too shabby for NY.....lol

1 hour ago, txsting said:

Price is fine at 7-ish, question is, does he want to be here?  Because if not, then walk.

Well, if he signs a contract as a free agent, I think that's a pretty good indicator that he wants to be here. It's a mutually voluntary agreement, no one would be forcing him to play here.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, bird_dirt said:

Well, if he signs a contract as a free agent, I think that's a pretty good indicator that he wants to be here. It's a mutually voluntary agreement, no one would be forcing him to play here.

Not neccessarily.  He's looking to get paid after being a vet-min guy the last 4 years.

Example: Trevor Ariza took the money from the Suns, things got so bad with him since the team was so bad, he was traded at the deadline.

57 minutes ago, txsting said:

And a dude who is used to playing on championship caliber teams.  I can't see him being happy in Atlanta.  Could be wrong though....at 34 you're probably starting to see things through different lenses as a basketball player.  

Maybe he sees this as a chance to help develop one of the best young pg in the game to end his career..I mean, it's not like Rondo is hurting for $.  If our wings can hit shots, our 2nd unit will be pretty good... Rondo/Huerter/Hunter/Gallo/Okungwu ..........All Rondo needs to do is distribute, and throw lobs to Gwu...lol

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There are no numbers yet is what he's saying.

Update:

Hayward, we spoke about it and he couldn't confirm Indiana was talking about a deal but mentioned Indiana also has interest in Hayward. He did agree with me, chances of them getting a key core piece in a deal was slim to none. If anything, Goga would be the target. 

Mentioned Bogi will likely be traded. Sacramento wants a premium asset for him.

He said that rumor of Atlanta offer was fake. They were investigating it and discovered it was agent babble. That doesn't mean Atlanta won't sign him. It just means 15 million number is fake that was out there in the media. 

A number of teams have interest in Avery Bradley including the Hawks. 

The Hawks also have interest in Jae Crowder. 

Miami wants to do a big one year deal for Dragic

Charlotte has interest in Aron Baynes as well as NO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm leery too.  But we're also talking about a guy that has won multiple titles so maybe his outlook has changed a bit and he's looking for a role to give back a little of his experience and expertise?  I don't know.  I would only want him if he's committed to where the Hawks are and wants to help get to a next level.  In essence, as long as he understands the situation and wants to be a part to help then I'm fine with it at a reasonable price.  

Rondo is smart. He understands where we are..Trust me..

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Yeah, I don't think Rondo is the right move.  He's better served on a team that already has significant shooting.  That ain't the Hawks.

He did fine in LA with no shooting..lol

46 minutes ago, warcore said:

That's gotta be better than giving that same contract to Teague, right? We don't have many people with fire in em, so he could help light one in these youngins. He's also still a good playmaker and I think the young guys on the 2nd unit could learn a lot from him. 

Yeah yeah I know - his shooting sucks and he's an asshole... sometimes you need one of those on your squad. If he turns out to be bad in the locker room, send him elsewhere. 

Exactly. Hed be excellent trade bait at the deadline if it doesnt work out.......