• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks (Happy MLK Day!)

lethalweapon3

One thing at this point, would definitely not pull Bruno out or keep him off the court in the fourth because of a fear of him fouling out. I would use all six fouls pretty much every game if necessary.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, kg01 said:

Teague was clearly lost out there.  Passing back to the guy who passed it to him in the first place to .. do something.

People are so agenda-ized that they plain choose not to see that because they want to crap on the coach.

Coach is crapping on himself he dont need any help.  

Just now, Vol4ever said:

It's not hate,  its just the truth.   He is not the long term coach.  You do understand that right?  

It's hate. This team is no where close to win now. It has a lot of roster flaws. For a coach of a rebuilding team, I actually think he is doing a solid job and beyond that, showed he is very talented. 

Your not going to win many games in this league with our roster construction. That includes lover boy Bud.

• Like 2

Will admit that LP does show some of that Ron Jirsa tendency of numerous mistakes in the last couple of minutes pretty often. When Ron Jirsa was at UGA he was the worst coach I can remember late in games ever for a team I have pulled for but for the Hawks even Bud was complained about here because of late game coaching so it doesn't come to fruition overnight. Reminding myself that Bud was questioned even last year in the playoffs. LP is halfway through his second year with the recent lineup averaging right at 22 years old.

24 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Will admit that LP does show some of that Ron Jirsa tendency of numerous mistakes in the last couple of minutes pretty often. When Ron Jirsa was at UGA he was the worst coach I can remember late in games ever for a team I have pulled for but for the Hawks even Bud was complained about here because of late game coaching so it doesn't come to fruition overnight. Reminding myself that Bud was questioned even last year in the playoffs. LP is halfway through his second year with the recent lineup averaging right at 22 years old.

Ron Jirsa, get the f*** out of here, this is hate. LP can coach. Really coach. Too many in the coaching community says it both young and old. 

Ya'll really don't understand how handicap we are without a starting level center, a bench, or a core beyond college age.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ron Jirsa, get the f*** out of here, this is hate. LP can coach. Really coach. Too many in the coaching community says it both young and old. 

Ya'll really don't understand how handicap we are without a starting level center, a bench, or a core beyond college age.

Come on now, if I was hating I would call for LP's head which I am not and I did state our core averages 22 years old and that LP is halfway through his second year. My statement he makes a lot of mistakes late is not hate. Only brought up Jirsa because he was the worst example that I followed late in games but mentioned Bud too because he had similar issues even this last year in the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Come on now, if I was hating I would call for LP's head which I am not and I did state our core averages 22 years old and that LP is halfway through his second year. My statement he makes a lot of mistakes late is not hate. Only brought up Jirsa because he was the worst example that I followed late in games but mentioned Bud too because he had similar issues even this last year in the playoffs.

Ron Jirsa was a garbage head coach. LP does a lot more for winning and developing on his bad days than Jirsa did altogether. 

I been saying this for awhile, the Trae first guys are starting to ruin the season. They see Trae balling and they want results NOW. This team just isn't good enough right now. Give it time. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Nope but it certainly will be once Teague catches up. It will be a nice throw in to catch teams off guard with the speed and quickness similar to how Teague and Dennis were at times during the 60 win season 

The teague Dennis backcourt never worked well though. Teague is not a good player off the ball. 

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Come on now, if I was hating I would 

compare him to Ron Jirsa!  Doesn't get much worse than him.  Jirsa was brutally bad.  Just no idea what he was doing out there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's hate. This team is no where close to win now. It has a lot of roster flaws. For a coach of a rebuilding team, I actually think he is doing a solid job and beyond that, showed he is very talented. 

Your not going to win many games in this league with our roster construction. That includes lover boy Bud.

Where do you get the hate BS?   I don't believe he can coach.  And I disagree Bud is a way superior coach to this guy.  

We have out own opinions though and that is fine.  

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

Bud is clearly ahead of LP but I agree with Supes that Bud would have struggled with this roster.  His disinterest in going through the lean years of a build is why he bailed on the team when he was still under contract.  

I agree with most of this^^^^.   My issue is his rotations, his play calling, and player development.  

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I agree with most of this^^^^.   My issue is his rotations, his play calling, and player development.  

I have issues with LP for sure.  I just don't blame all the losing on him.  This roster with the injuries / suspension would lose a lot of games under any coach.  A top coach could certainly coax a few more wins out of them and better optimize the roster but you can only do so much with the limitations this roster has presented year to date.  Doesn't mean LP is above criticism - it is just that the criticism should be for the right things and, IMO, the mere fact of losing games isn't a good basis for criticism.  Rotations, play calling, etc. are very valid.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bud is clearly ahead of LP but I agree with Supes that Bud would have struggled with this roster.  His disinterest in going through the lean years of a build is why he bailed on the team when he was still under contract.  

And clearly a smart, business move on his part. He's now in a great situation in Milwaukee (assuming Giannis stays).

• Like 1