• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Trail Blazers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

52 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

None of this is true. I wish you would quit saying it. Hunter is a small ball 4 learning to be a 3. He progressing faster than expected while regressing before ASB outside of his shot. 

After ASB, he looks like a stud

All of his play is on video.  Go look at it and see who he's going up against.

In his best rebounding game ( Orlando ), he got most of his rebounds playing the 3.

No sense in going back and forth, see for yourselfves.  Anything you want to know about De'Andre Hunter is in this link.  You can literally click on most of these stats in the box scores, and see how he shoots, rebounds, passes for assists, steals the ball, turns the ball over, and even the fouls he picks up.

Any number that is blue, will hyperlink to the videos showing the plays in that category.

He is not a 4 vs regular sized lineups.  We can get away with it if the other team plays small.

https://stats.nba.com/player/1629631/boxscores-traditional/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

All of his play is on video.  Go look at it and see who he's going up against.

In his best rebounding game ( Orlando ), he got most of his rebounds playing the 3.

You been saying a lot of misnomers for Hunter and Collins. I watched the games like you. He's not a 2 at any level. He's a 4 who knows how the play the game. He is learning to be a 3. It's going to take time which he has. He doing well but he needs time. All of them did. 

Collins is looking A LOT better as a small ball 5 which is what I been saying. Don't give me no shit from 82games, they don't even have the positions accurate for anyone not named Trae. Watch the games. Collins is a 4 in reality but that's not his best position. That said, he's been a nightmare for teams with his elite movement skills and newfound elite shooting skills.

Hunter's only a 2 in super big lineups, unless you're in a fantasy world where you think his driving and post up skills are better than what they really are, which they really aren't. They're somewhere in the middle of really good and not great for a guy that's supposed to mainly get his shots off assists.

Besides, I think most of his post ups come against real smalls. I don't think it's a very serious thing right now (and when you're not THE guy, it doesn't matter too much, because you'll see a case like the Wizards trying to "hide" Thomas on him). His main offense now is straight line drives and spot ups. He has some ability to dribble drive that's better than I maybe would've thought, but it's still not great. I'm not finding it on the NBA stats website, but I think his unassisted FG percentage would be very meh for doing it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No sense in going back and forth, see for yourselfves.  Anything you want to know about De'Andre Hunter is in this link.  You can literally click on most of these stats in the box scores, and see how he shoots, rebounds, passes for assists, steals the ball, turns the ball over, and even the fouls he picks up.

Any number that is blue, will hyperlink to the videos showing the plays in that category.

He is not a 4 vs regular sized lineups.  We can get away with it if the other team plays small.

https://stats.nba.com/player/1629631/boxscores-traditional/

He's a natural 4, I don't know what's hard to see about this. That said, he has to play 3 in the NBA and excel there, it's a learning experience as it is for anyone who was a college 4. Leonard needed time. Covington needed time. All of them needed time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

😆 this guy sounds awesome! Kinda sounds like Clark Kellogg’s college coach that he mentions on 2K who says.. THAT AINT GONE GIT IT DONE ✅!!! 👍🏾 

I ain't buying it.  Saphron is totally the 'comin foh dat a**' guy but want us to believe it was his "teammate".

Ain't foolin me, @Sothron

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You been saying a lot of misnomers for Hunter and Collins. I watched the games like you. He's not a 2 at any level. He's a 4 who knows how the play the game. He is learning to be a 3. It's going to take time which he has. He doing well but he needs time. All of them did. 

Collins is looking A LOT better as a small ball 5 which is what I been saying. Don't give me no shit from 82games, they don't even have the positions accurate for anyone not named Trae. Watch the games. Collins is a 4 in reality but that's not his best position. That said, he's been a nightmare for teams with his elite movement skills and newfound elite shooting skills.

The data is there for you sir.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He's a natural 4, I don't know what's hard to see about this. That said, he has to play 3 in the NBA and excel there, it's a learning experience as it is for anyone who was a college 4. Leonard needed time. Covington needed time. All of them needed time. 

He's a natural wing.   Always has been.  Even in high school, he exhibited the shooting stroke and ball handling of a legit wing.  

The only reason he played the 4 at Virginia, was because the team was small, and he was one of the most talented defenders on the team who could guard 4 positions.   The average "4" can't do that.  The guard like skills have always been there, as well as the shooting stroke.  He finally let the country know what he could do as a shooter in that National Championship game.

I guess you didn't see him much at Virginia. Here are his 2018 - 19 highlights. Funny that he's driving past Bruno on the thumbnail.

Playing with Trae gives him the opportunity to really show off that 3 point stroke.  But its his midrange game when he has the ball in his hands, that is already mature enough to make him a legit offensive threat.  The Hawks can play him a the 4 if they want.  His offensive talent will be maximized as a wing.

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's a natural wing.   Always has been.  Even in high school, he exhibited the shooting stroke and ball handling of a legit wing.  

The only reason he played the 4 at Virginia, was because the team was small, and he was one of the most talented defenders on the team who could guard 4 positions.   The average "4" can't do that.  The guard like skills have always been there, as well as the shooting stroke.  He finally let the country know what he could do as a shooter in that National Championship game.

I guess you didn't see him much at Virginia. Here are his 2018 - 19 highlights. Funny that he's driving past Bruno on the thumbnail.

Playing with Trae gives him the opportunity to really show off that 3 point stroke.  But its his midrange game when he has the ball in his hands, that is already mature enough to make him a legit offensive threat.  The Hawks can play him a the 4 if they want.  His offensive talent will be maximized as a wing.

Kevon Looney was a PG in HS as was Cam Reddish and many other NBA players. Let's not use HS as the litmus test of all things.

UVA had size, what are you talking about? You had Diakate, Huff, and a number of others during his two seasons in Charlottesville. He played the 4 because it was his best position at the NCAA level. All draftniks know this, scouts, etc.

You aren't making sense saying the average 4 can't do this, we all know that which is why he was a lottery pick and seen as a long term potential wing pro. This is well agreed on already. 

I literally watched the games, so of course I seen the highlights. Look who created the RealGM thread in the first place. 

No one is saying otherwise in terms of long term, the issue is you keep this is notion that he is a 2 which he is not. Let's just be honest about it

• Moderators

It's  just silly that this is somehow a disrespectful move but all the other showboating in the NBA is fine.  If it friggin works then why not.  Trae got out the corner trap with it against the nets.  It can be really effective.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's  just silly that this is somehow a disrespectful move but all the other showboating in the NBA is fine.  If it friggin works then why not.  Trae got out the corner trap with it against the nets.  It can be really effective.  

And since when is it ok for the dudes absolutely nobody but their moms and baby-mom's came to see play to take out the marquee guys?

Nobody uses the strike-through as efficiently as me.  I'm not afraid to puff my chest out about it either.  I basically nutmeg all o' y'all with the strike-through's.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

someone(s)

How bout my #1 target Trez, bodyguard type. Or Ivan Johnson who is currently working at State Farm (insurance salesman), with a license to choke. 😆 

I think they call it the “Spree” certification.