• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Grizzlies at Hawks

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No.  LP will cost LP his own job.   It's his pick and roll and motion offense that Trae is running.

Dallas is running the same offense with extreme success. It's not the offense that's the issue. It's the players who are suppose to execute it. 

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

John wants Siakam's 4/130. While offensively, John is better than Siakam, Siakam is miles better defensively. John doesn't put up empty stats but John doesn't have high impact. He's not worth 10 wins. At his best, I think he's worth 5 wins. I think he got a shot at 9 to 10 wins. Well worth the max. 

I can see if John wants more than Sabonis but Sabonis has real offensive impact and really showed it this year. I am scared to give John even Sabonis money. That's why I am team Harrell. 

No way I pay John that much.....Trae will just have to be mad. WE can run pick and roll with Capela..lol

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, terrell said:

No way I pay John that much.....Trae will just have to be mad. lol

That's why you sign Harrell. He will only get 20 mil, he's an impact player off the bench, and he doesn't mind playing a role that doesn't include starting. He just wants to get paid. I've seen enough for this team to where I know we don't have enough bench talent. We got to the bench, shit just is what it is. I do like Kevin-Jeff chemistry. It felt like Lin-Kevin last year. 

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This team really goes as Cam goes.

😆 wow... I didn’t expect this from you Supes. Again ur dissing Trae, what do you expect him to get 30/10 every night? He’s gonna have an off night. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

😆 wow... I didn’t expect this from you Supes. Again ur dissing Trae, what do you expect him to get 30/10 every night? He’s gonna have an off night. 

Cam wasn't going to have any effect on this game. We were complete utter shit. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Cam wasn't going to have any effect on this game. We were complete utter shit. 

Cam would have had massive effect. He's scoring .480 PPT and carries our perimeter defense which we saw went to shit v. POR when he got hurt, how wouldn't he have that effect? 

That said, he's not the difference between a win and a lost this game. That player is Dedmon. We needed Dedmon tonight, BAD! 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Nope, I don't even want 30/10. I want 24/13. I want less 19 second 33 ft shots and more running the offense and creating for others. I want us to get into a groove. Portland was some of his best playmaking games. Brooklyn was just a game where you saw him mix both scoring and playmaking at the right times. Even when he overdribbled v. Brooklyn, he did so when he was scoring at an elite rate. He made his playmaking creation natural. Tonight, he was forcing and playing Trae Ball. Shit was ugly and really what opened the game up for us to get drilled. 

My point is Trae is permitted to have an off night every once in a while if Cam’s has about 30. 

I want Trae at 22 and 14 that’s ideal for me moving forward next season. He’s young though Supes you gotta cut him some slack and not compare him to Marbury every time he has an off night that’s not right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam would have had massive effect. He's scoring .480 PPT and carries our perimeter defense which we saw went to shit v. POR when he got hurt, how wouldn't he have that effect? 

We lost by 40. 40 points. Shot 32 %. Grizzlies got 70 pts from Tolliver, Dieng, T.Jones, Konchar and J. Jackson (not JJJ). Cam aint fixing that. That's an ass whooping.

Edited by bleachkit

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That said, he's not the difference between a win and a lost this game. That player is Dedmon. We needed Dedmon tonight, BAD! 

Absolutely no. Cam could have been Michael Jordan in the finals tonight, it wasn’t gonna matter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

My point is Trae is permitted to have an off night every once in a while if Cam’s has about 30. 

I want Trae at 22 and 14 that’s ideal for me moving forward next season. He’s young though Supes you gotta cut him some slack and not compare him to Marbury every time he has an off night that’s not right.

Trae is 2 for 18 from 3 in the last 3 games..THats my concern. (besides turnovers and dribbling too much. lol) HIs 3 pt shot opens up everything else..He's 18-53 from 2 btw..

Edited by terrell

I think Cam makes a massive difference tonight if he goes let alone Ded.  Not offensively because Jenkins has them boys flying around but defensively no way the Grizz and Morant in particular are as comfortable with him patrolling the perimeter.  He’s a run-retardant with his ability to get kills. 

Hunter with one of his patented deviled egg fart stinkers.  -35 bruh?

I wasn’t too familiar with Morant’s floor game but it’s plenty good enough to approach Trae with the disrespect most rugged PGs do.  His stance and length defensively was impressive and there was no impediment to his great pacing outside of a few good possessions by Goodwin.

This jersey swap sh!t somebody please make it stop.

Shout out to Taylor Jenkins though.  I though he was in over his head but he has that Bud-like touch in terms of development.  I could barely recognize Dieng, everyone knows about the Brooks revelation, and Tyus Jones looked super confident.  Everyone wants the Pelicans at 8 but I wouldn’t mind the Grizz at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Nope, I don't even want 30/10. I want 24/13. I want less 19 second 33 ft shots and more running the offense and creating for others. I want us to get into a groove. Portland was some of his best playmaking games. Brooklyn was just a game where you saw him mix both scoring and playmaking at the right times. Even when he overdribbled v. Brooklyn, he did so when he was scoring at an elite rate. He made his playmaking creation natural. Tonight, he was forcing and playing Trae Ball. Shit was ugly and really what opened the game up for us to get drilled. 

I’ll take 18 and 8 from my PG if he can press the ball, cut, and deny.  PGs who set screens, get over them, cut, and stay connected off the ball will always give Trae fits because he does none of these team-based duties.  I’ll take the baby steps of him making plays like blocks and sneaky deflections.  

His overall offensive impact on the team just doesn’t excite me outside of his perfected floater and assist piling.  You got me started on my sh@t let me stop lol.  The whole team was ass and the Grizz did what they were supposed to as a playoff seed in a tougher conference with a more polished coach.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

An Fing coach!  Why is this such a difficult concept to understand?

You may be right..I Cant wait for this season to be over.......Im starting to doubt if our PG is really a FRANCHISE player as Supes says. lol.  Next year is make or break for me with LP,Schlenk, Trae,Collins. I need to see some consistency.. You cant be losing by 40 to fkn Memphis, Im sorry....You can add Hunter to that list too, as he was an older prospect. Im giving Cam and Bruno a little more time. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

You may be right..I Cant wait for this season to be over.......Im starting to doubt if our PG is really a FRANCHISE player as Supes says. lol.  Next year is make or break for me with LP,Schlenk, Trae,Collins. YOu cant be losing by 40 to fkn Memphis, Im sorry... I want to see some consistency....YOu can add Hunter to that list too, as he was an older prospect. Im giving Cam and Bruno a little more time. lol

LP has to go!  Trae still has the same bad habits that he had as a rookie.  LP's entire approach is wrong!  He focuses on offense regularly and ignores defense.  His offense is centered around hitting 3's which the team is a league worse rather than getting to the rim.  This group would look a lot different with a better coach!

Just now, Peoriabird said:

LP has to go!  Trae still has the same bad habits that he had as a rookie.  LP's entire approach is wrong!  He focuses on offense regularly and ignores defense.  His offense is centered around hitting 3's which the team is a league worse rather than getting to the rim.  This group would look a lot different with a better coach!

This is not true. 

Who on this team can get to the rim outside of Trae Young and Cam Reddish at this stage of their careers? 

You are delusional if you think another coach is going to magically turn this team around

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

The problem I have with Trae last night is that his "off night" wasn't just about missing shots. Everyone dies that from time to time. No issue with that. No. The real problem was the WAY Trae was playing. It was his decisions. We could see it from his pregame comments about facing off vs Ja. He was looking for a big night vs the rook and he failed to get anyone else involved. He forced shots, turned it over, and generally failed to actually run the offense. 

You wont find a bigger Trae fan than me but last night was unacceptable.  And unfortunately it was also entirely predictable. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is not true. 

Who on this team can get to the rim outside of Trae Young and Cam Reddish at this stage of their careers? 

You are delusional if you think another coach is going to magically turn this team around

Mike Smith syndrome at its finest!