• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Donovan Mitchell got it now. Rudy needs to be slapped.

They'll be Ok. Once the weather warms up there's a good chance the whole thing will die down of it's own accord.  As for the finishing the season, I don't know what they're going to do.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Morey stuff cost the league ~$200 mil which reduced the cap projection from $116 to $115 mil. If the entirety of the regular season and playoffs are done, they'll lose a lot more.

I think they have the playoffs due to warming weather but the rest of the regular season may be in jeopardy. 16 games is just under 20% of the 82 total games. If they racked up the schedule and played 4 games a week, that would possibly extend the regular season into May.

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think they have the playoffs due to warming weather but the rest of the regular season may be in jeopardy. 16 games is just under 20% of the 82 total games. If they racked up the schedule and played 4 games a week, that would possibly extend the regular season into May.

That seems likely.  You could analogize this to a lockout shortened season.  Probably won’t see 82 games in the regular season.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

That seems likely.  You could analogize this to a lockout shortened season.  Probably won’t see 82 games in the regular season.

Quite a few teams will feel the pain cap wise if almost 20% of the regular season is lost.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Quite a few teams will feel the pain cap wise if almost 20% of the regular season is lost.

They would need to negotiate something with the union to address that.  Would be in everyone’s best interest.

Really thinking about it, I doubt Donovan got it from Rudy. I believe they both got it from a fan who probably was traveling overseas recently who wanted their autograph. Rudy just showed syndrome faster. It makes sense because no one else in the org got it, plus they are stars. When I see fans ask for autographs, everyone goes to Trae. It makes sense when you think about it. 

Edited by NBASupes

17 minutes ago, AHF said:

They would need to negotiate something with the union to address that.  Would be in everyone’s best interest.

I think they will come to a agreement about the luxury tax penalty and give teams a break. No one can plan for this big of a hit. But I do not think they will give a lot of leeway with the cap and free agency. This is going to hurt those teams that had plans of 15 - 30 million in cap. I am pretty sure of that.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think they will come to a agreement about the luxury tax penalty and give teams a break. No one can plan for this big of a hit. But I do not think they will give a lot of leeway with the cap and free agency. This is going to hurt those teams that had plans of 15 - 30 million in cap. I am pretty sure of that.

Selfishly, it would be great for the Hawks.

• Like 2

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Really thinking about it, I doubt Donovan got it from Rudy. I believe they both got it from a fan who probably was traveling overseas recently who wanted their autograph. Rudy just showed syndrome faster. It makes sense because no one else in the org got it, plus they are stars. When I see fans ask for autographs, everyone goes to Trae. It makes sense when you think about it. 

I don't follow the logic.  If either of them got exposed from a fan or any other source, they could spread the virus to each other or any other teammate but they wouldn't necessarily spread it to any given teammate.  (And any such teammate, coach or staff wouldn't necessarily be symptomatic at this point even if they got it.)  I don't think the facts here lend themselves to reaching any conclusion that rules out Gobert as the source.  Your speculation could be accurate but it is just that:  speculation.  You could just as easily be speculating that it was the team chef who made them both a special meal or something or one of the trainers whose brother was overseas and passed it through him where that trainer worked with both of them.  What isn't speculation is that everyone around Gobert was at risk, including all the members of the media who touched the microphones after he had his "acting out" moment.

Good news for both is that they are young and healthy and so fall in the low risk category.  But if one of those reporters had a transplant or asthma or is 60+, it could be a very high risk situation for him or her.

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't follow the logic.  If either of them got exposed from a fan or any other source, they could spread the virus to each other or any other teammate but they wouldn't necessarily spread it to any given teammate.  (And any such teammate, coach or staff wouldn't necessarily be symptomatic at this point even if they got it.)  I don't think the facts here lend themselves to reaching any conclusion that rules out Gobert as the source.  Your speculation could be accurate but it is just that:  speculation.  You could just as easily be speculating that it was the team chef who made them both a special meal or something or one of the trainers whose brother was overseas and passed it through him where that trainer worked with both of them.  What isn't speculation is that everyone around Gobert was at risk, including all the members of the media who touched the microphones after he had his "acting out" moment.

Good news for both is that they are young and healthy and so fall in the low risk category.  But if one of those reporters had a transplant or asthma or is 60+, it could be a very high risk situation for him or her.

It's easy, when you are a star, fans want to interact with you. These are the two biggest stars for the Jazz and are extremely accessible. I am a strong believer that celebrities have to be extra careful because even people who are sick (gravely or not) want to meet you. It's normal, they are celebs. 

Gobert didn't know he had Corona at the time. If he did, he wouldn't have did it. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's easy, when you are a star, fans want to interact with you. These are the two biggest stars for the Jazz and are extremely accessible. I am a strong believer that celebrities have to be extra careful because even people who are sick (gravely or not) want to meet you. It's normal, they are celebs. 

Gobert didn't know he had Corona at the time. If he did, he wouldn't have did it. 

I get your logic for why that is one possibility.  But there is nothing to differentiate that from 1000 other possibilities.  It is spitballing.

• Like 2

The fed just purchased $1.5 Trillion in bonds, it should use half of that to offer to the pharma industry to come up with a vaccine (no one's doing that for free) and to purchase the production of the testing kits hospitals need.  It seems if you are well off you are getting tested much quicker.  Everyone should have these kits so we can get a grip on the number of people who have it and the CDC and WHO can accurately determine how contagious this thing is. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

The fed just purchased $1.5 Trillion in bonds, it should use half of that to offer to the pharma industry to come up with a vaccine (no one's doing that for free) and to purchase the production of the testing kits hospitals need.  It seems if you are well off you are getting tested much quicker.  Everyone should have these kits so we can get a grip on the number of people who have it and the CDC and WHO can accurately determine how contagious this thing is. 

They need to cut some of their unnecessary spending elsewhere instead of printing new money.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

They need to cut some of their unnecessary spending elsewhere instead of printing new money.

Watching our deficit spending just keep rising and rising is making me ill.

• Like 1