• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Giannis will be a Hawk

Spud2nique

1 hour ago, Dean Walker said:

Milwaukee, add our 2021 pick and maybe we’ll have a chance.

The question is who has a combination of young players and picks that can top something like that? Does GSW think that Milwaukee would really want Andrew Wiggins? I realize that teams like Miami have a huge leg up if it's Free Agency in 2021. But who is the team to beat in a trade this offseason?

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, parfait said:

The question is who has a combination of young players and picks that can top something like that? Does GSW think that Milwaukee would really want Andrew Wiggins? I realize that teams like Miami have a huge leg up if it's Free Agency in 2021. But who is the team to beat in a trade this offseason?

Crazy enough I think it’s Miami.

idk if they would offer this but Bam,Herro, nunn and a combination of picks is a decent start point But they would probably have to add more. 

As you said gsw I don’t see having enough as well as Toronto.

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Mil likely won’t be willing to entertain any offers for him regardless of which is best.  He will have to force their hand.

Yeah and I don’t see Giannis doing that. 
He doesn’t seem like the type to do that.

I agree with all of these points.

I don't believe that Milwaukee will trade him unless forced by Giannis.

I don't believe that Giannis will force a trade.

But I also don't believe that Miami would trade Bam or Herro.

I think they want to sign Giannis outright without giving up any pieces.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Carmine said:

This thread is 9 pages too long.

It's not impossible we can get him to sign here. We've got pieces that can fit next to him. We've just got to demonstrate next season that we can compete now without him.

It remains to be seen what Schlenk does to the roster this off-season, but the foundation is already here with Trae leading us.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Carmine said:

This thread is 9 pages too long.

Seriously!!!!  I don't know why Hawks fans continue to fall in love with other team's players every year and create threads like this knowing that the player will never come here.  It hasn't happened yet and probably never but it doesn't stop these foolish threads

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AHF said:

Mil likely won’t be willing to entertain any offers for him regardless of which is best.  He will have to force their hand.

From the sounds of it, there is still a lot of faith in MIL that Giannis wants to stay if they can put together a contender around him. Considering CP3 wants to be traded to MIL, my guess is Giannis will stay honestly speaking. MIL is passionate about trying to get the right players to build around with Giannis and they are willing to pay the LT to keep him as well. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From the sounds of it, there is still a lot of faith in MIL that Giannis wants to stay if they can put together a contender around him. Considering CP3 wants to be traded to MIL, my guess is Giannis will stay honestly speaking. MIL is passionate about trying to get the right players to build around with Giannis and they are willing to pay the LT to keep him as well. 

That has always been my assumption.  MIL should be willing to pull out the stops to keep him.  You may not get another player at his level for 20 years.  I'd rather go down flaming with him walking away but having done whatever I could to keep him rather than trade him for something like a package the Hawks would be willing to offer.  Unless he forces their hand (likely by publicly announcing he will leave), I just can't envision them trading him.

So for this fantasy, the more realistic path is that he loses faith in their organization and moves as an UFA (perhaps via S&T but only to make salaries work from his end).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Gnat bite:  And, a big one.  As I watch TV, CP3 is on the local channels.  He's in advertising every day.  There is no Atlanta player ever on a national ad.  No Dream, no Hawk, No Brave and no one from United.  Apparently you just gotta see CP3 all the time.

Any one else ever notice this??

:cry:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Mil needs to be careful with that possible CP3 trade. He still good but he's getting older and he gets hurt a lot. Presti is going to try to rake them over the coals for an aging star, don't do it.

I don't see how. Bucks have limited assets to begin with. Paul played well this season but he's still an aging star owed $41 and $44 mil. 

OKC was able to rake LAL over the coals in trading PG since having PG gave them Kawhi.

OKC will likely have to take back some bad money like Bledsoe 3yr/$17 mill...last year guaranteed at $4 mil. That alone saves OKC significan luxury tax payments as repeat offenders.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

He may yet change his mind at some point but for now:

Giannis Antetokounmpo has gone on the record to state he will not request a trade from the Milwaukee Bucks this offseason.

“It’s not happening. That’s not happening,” Antetokounmpo told Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports.

“Some see a wall and go in [another direction]. I plow through it. We just have to get better as a team, individually and get right back at it next season.”

Antetokounmpo is eligible for a super-max extension this offseason that is expected to be worth around $254 million over five years.

“If winning a championship was easy, everyone would have one,” Antetokounmpo said. “We lost. Everyone saw that we lost. It’s disappointing, but what are we going to do? We’re going to keep working. I’ve got confidence in my teammates.”

CHRIS HAYNES/YAHOO! SPORTS

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

You obviously take the super-max.  You can always force your way out later.   

Or force a sign and trade after next season.  Since Mil won’t give up on him and he probably legit wants to give it another go with the Bucks, there is no need to do anything right now or jump the gun.  Play out next year and see what happen.  You have the leverage.

On 9/7/2020 at 8:53 PM, Dean Walker said:

Crazy enough I think it’s Miami.

idk if they would offer this but Bam,Herro, nunn and a combination of picks is a decent start point But they would probably have to add more. 

As you said gsw I don’t see having enough as well as Toronto.

Yeah and I don’t see Giannis doing that. 
He doesn’t seem like the type to do that.

No way Miami gives up Bam and Herro. They would not make that deal