• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

Watching this bubble is making me itch for vets. No, not ones like Evan Turner or Chandler Parsons. I want some guys from the past that got rejuvenated during this covid thing and wanna bring some solid minutes to us. 

Damn this bubble makes me miss Hawks basketball. 😞 

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bertans is cool and all, and I know many have been clamoring for him for a while. I really want to go after young vets from winning teams though. Guys that have some playoff experience and maybe have something to prove by venturing out on their own. Where is Joe Johnson or Mike Bibby 2.0? Or even to a lesser degree Flip Murray and Mo Evans 2.0. Those guys were integral during those early playoff years because they brought BBIQ and winning mindsets to our young core back then. Thats exactly what we need now.

FVV is exactly the kind of vet guard we need. Capella still counts as an addition until he actual suits up for us. Maybe a vet wing like KCP, Rodney Hood or THJ if either of them opt out.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Bertans is cool and all, and I know many have been clamoring for him for a while. I really want to go after young vets from winning teams though. Guys that have some playoff experience and maybe have something to prove by venturing out on their own. Where is Joe Johnson or Mike Bibby 2.0? Or even to a lesser degree Flip Murray and Mo Evans 2.0. Those guys were integral during those early playoff years because they brought BBIQ and winning mindsets to our young core back then. Thats exactly what we need now.

FVV is exactly the kind of vet guard we need. Capella still counts as an addition until he actual suits up for us. Maybe a vet wing like KCP, Rodney Hood or THJ if either of them opt out.

Bertans has playoff experience with the Spurs. A couple months with the Wiz shouldn't reduce that shine.

FVV works in Toronto as a starter at SG because he has a bulldog on defense at PG in Lowry next to him.

KCP is fine, Hood is coming off an Achilles injury, THJr, I'll pass.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bertans has playoff experience with the Spurs. A couple months with the Wiz shouldn't reduce that shine.

FVV works in Toronto as a starter at SG because he has a bulldog on defense at PG in Lowry next to him.

KCP is fine, Hood is coming off an Achilles injury, THJr, I'll pass.

Good to know, I don't know the entire association as well as I know my Hawks that's for sure.

I freaking love THJ though, thats my guy. As much of a Mavs hater as I am right now, watching the playoffs I still reminisce on what could have been had we chose him and not Baze. That was a cheap shot he took on PG though

Edited by RedDawg#8

3 hours ago, warcore said:

If we're going hard after Bertans in FA, that may suggest Okoro is high on our draft list. Can't have Bertans on the second unit without plus defenders around him. 

ESpecially if Huerter is on the 2nd unit, instead of Cam..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Id love FVV but hes gonna be expensive.......Im iffy on breaking the bank for Bertans..Has he played any winning basketball? I mean, we need shooters, but can he guard anybody?

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Id love FVV but hes gonna be expensive.......Im iffy on breaking the bank for Bertans..Has he played any winning basketball? I mean, we need shooters, but can he guard anybody?

Grab Bertans and draft Okoro. Okoro will more than likely be there at 6. 

if we roll into next season with Huerter, Okoro, Bertans, Dedmon as the reserve that’s already a much better bench by far! Just need the point to run the show .