• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on Okongwu?

gsuteke

1 minute ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I want to see him, Cam, Bruno, and our draft picks in Summer League this year. 

Is Cam eligible for summer league?  It makes sense considering how much time he missed this year.  That would be an interesting summer league team taking Cam, OO, Bruno and either Tre Mann, Sharife Cooper, Chris Duarte, or Max Abmas from the draft.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Is Cam eligible for summer league?  It makes sense considering how much time he missed this year.  That would be an interesting summer league team taking Cam, OO, Bruno and either Tre Mann, Sharife Cooper, Chris Duarte, or Max Abmas from the draft.

I think it's up to the team, and also if the player is willing to do so. Usually teams don't send second year guys unless that player didn't get much playing time or that player didn't play as well as they would've thought.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

There's no limitation on who can play in summer league. I remember Nate Robinson playing in his 4th year, and Ron Artest playing well into his career

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Is Cam eligible for summer league? 

"We’ve spoken with him, and the plan is for him to participate on our Summer League team this year, just so he can get those reps and so he can get a head start when we get to camp next year," Schlenk said. "The biggest thing is the game just needs to slow down. Right now, everything is just moving too fast for him. He gets into too big of a rush. Once the game starts slowing down for him, especially on the offensive end, we’ve seen what he can do on the defensive end but it’s really about getting experience." 

He's going to take part.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We tend to forget about Nathan Knight.  He's still a Hawk.  Summer League will be a great proving ground for him.  He ain't great but he ain't half bad either.  Summer League and pre season means a lot.

👨‍🌾

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Schlenk has said he'll participate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

We tend to forget about Nathan Knight.  He's still a Hawk.  Summer League will be a great proving ground for him.  He ain't great but he ain't half bad either.  Summer League and pre season means a lot.

👨‍🌾

Our draft picks have missed a ton of developmental minutes over the last 2 years. Dre barely played in SL as rookie, Cam not at all, OO no SL this past year.  Then there are all the other names mentioned like Mays, Knight, Bruno, etc...This is a real good opportunity for them all

• Like 4

He needs a few minutes in this series. He’s definitely earned it. He missed a couple free throws yesterday but his energy and rebounding and toughness are needed here against Philly. 

His playoff minute high is 12. Let’s run Okongwu for 15 min. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

OO's activity is indeed needed with our lack of depth at the wing and Capela's sudden fright at finishing around the rim.

I don't know what's happened to Capela. I can understand not being able to defend Embiid, but there's no way he should be Alex Len times ten around the basket on offense. He's actually air balled layups during this series. Some of those blown layups should have actually been dunk attempts, but he seemed too timid to go up strong. I know Embiid is camping in the paint, but Cap is bailing him out by not going right at him. Even if he misses free throws, he can get Embiid in foul trouble.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

His stat line doesn't show it, but his impact was felt tonight. Don't give up on this guy! He's just starting to figure it out. 

I'm seeing the light. OO can play, and even if he never develops beyond being a bench piece his moxy will be an enormous asset regardless. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'm seeing the light. OO can play, and even if he never develops beyond being a bench piece his moxy will be an enormous asset regardless. 

Trust me, he’ll be waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy better than a bench piece.

• Like 4