• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

Just now, Diesel said:

Huh???  Where did you read that?   

Don't get it twisted Marvin...  This is a Nasty Signing.   We will probably never be cordial with Sacramento again. 

A lot of times, teams wait out the whole 48...  Especially in Nasty Signings. ... You know why??

They want all the other available FAs to get signed while we wait for them to decide... knowing that they are not going to let value walk out of the door.   Not only does it happen a lot, we've done it....

Tim Hardaway Jr?

Teague?

The other part is that teams look for deals to relieve cap space.

McNair is a rookie GM, this is just the ropes of being a new GM. The biggest mistake he made was getting that De'Aaron Fox max so early. It told Atlanta what your plans are and when you are talking with an extremely active team like Atlanta, they know the market on their players and your players. They know when they did this, they waited till the cap space cleared, where you could dump Hield for free and that forced your hand. Atlanta was savvy. The same way Dallas and Donnie was more savvy with the Trae/Luka trade. This is what experience gives you. 

You can listen to Marks but Marks don't have to answer for cap issues this will cause in the future and what if you have to trade assets to get rid of the guy. Nor does he have to answer to your boss. These are things that could happen. The minute a young productive player moves off of his rookie deal, his value drops instantly if the deal is upper tier and not one of those 4-6 mil types. 

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Diesel said:

All I know is that Vince Carter has one helluva Hawks source.

He knew that players that we were targeting (exactly) and he knew that there was no MegaDeal because there would not be enough money. 

We should have an AskVince thread.

So Vince's interview was the day of FAcy, Friday the 20th....This was Supes the day before Thursday 19th at 6:32PM

image.png

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is even one on my DVR on the opening day of FA when VC said the teams he should go to is NY or Atlanta. It was the same day he came out with the list. I was watching the Jump live when it happened. So don't hide behind VC b and scared to speak with your chest. 

See above, Vince's list was Friday FAcy Day...you mentioned it previously a few days previous and particularly the day before.  So you actually had it BEFORE Vince.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, thecampster said:

There is a reason I stay vague with the things I'm told.  I was given a list of about 12 possible offseason targets. If you go back and read just my posts, you'll see most of the big moving targets are people I name dropped in the threads from time to time. In my very honest opinion, I never saw them seriously going after Gallinari and never saw Sacramento letting him go. I never even hinted at that because I didn't see it happening or him agreeing. But its why I haven't ever shared anything. There was some stuff Supes dropped back at the trade deadline that people jumped on him for and I let it slip back then to a few on the board that I know a few people with ties. They aren't in the org but they get info. About 1/2 of it turns out to have legs. But you share anything and people only remember when you're wrong.

yep

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Since this is the FAcy thread...

Does anybody else smell anything illegal in Laker Land??

Wes Matthews

Montrez Harrell

Marc Gasol

and maybe Pau Gasol. 

But before we talk about Pau out of retirement.

They traded McGee to Cleveland for a Box of Animal Cookies after he opted in.  So that they can get Marc.  Where does all this money come from after they sign Harrell??

Oh yeah.. forgot.. And they resign Caldwell Pope?

Are they working with 1986 CBA??

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wes Matthews - Vet Min or TPE

Montrez Harrell - signed using the MLE

Marc Gasol - Vet Min or TPE

They traded McGee to Cleveland for a Box of Animal Cookies after he opted in.  So that they can get Marc.  Where does all this money come from after they sign Harrell?? Traded McGee and got a TPE which they used to sign Wes and/or Marc

Oh yeah.. forgot.. And they resign Caldwell Pope? - they have his bird rights and can exceed the cap to resign him

Don't hate the player (Lakers), hate the game (NBA Capology).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Since this is the FAcy thread...

Wes Matthews

Montrez Harrell

Marc Gasol

and maybe Pau Gasol. 

But before we talk about Pau out of retirement.

They traded McGee to Cleveland for a Box of Animal Cookies after he opted in.  So that they can get Marc.  Where does all this money come from after they sign Harrell??

Oh yeah.. forgot.. And they resign Caldwell Pope?

Are they working with 1986 CBA??

They still have to sign AD as well. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

McNair is a rookie GM, this is just the ropes of being a new GM. The biggest mistake he made was getting that De'Aaron Fox max so early. It told Atlanta what your plans are and when you are talking with an extremely active team like Atlanta, they know the market on their players and your players. They know when they did this, they waited till the cap space cleared, where you could dump Hield for free and that forced your hand. Atlanta was savvy. The same way Dallas and Donnie was more savvy with the Trae/Luka trade. This is what experience gives you. 

You can listen to Marks but Marks don't have to answer for cap issues this will cause in the future and what if you have to trade assets to get rid of the guy. Nor does he have to answer to your boss. These are things that could happen. The minute a young productive player moves off of his rookie deal, his value drops instantly if the deal is upper tier and not one of those 4-6 mil types. 

This may be true...

But I read somewhere and some fans also noted that Vivek has been talking really big about not being afraid to spend during FAcy.  This was after the Fox signing.  I don't know how McNair got his job... Vivek has been said to be about friends, family, and good feelings.   He just hired Marc Jones to be their telecast guy based on conversation at a BLM rally.    However, I don't think this guy is the Maloof's.  I think if McNair presents to him that Bogo represents value that can be traded later that they will match.

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

This may be true...

But I read somewhere and some fans also noted that Vivek has been talking really big about not being afraid to spend during FAcy.  This was after the Fox signing.  I don't know how McNair got his job... Vivek has been said to be about friends, family, and good feelings.   He just hired Marc Jones to be their telecast guy based on conversation at a BLM rally.    However, I don't think this guy is the Maloof's.  I think if McNair presents to him that Bogo represents value that can be traded later that they will match.

Owner might match just look like a tough guy, big spender. That's certainly possible.

27 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

From what I've read, teams usually do it right away if they intend to match, so we got that going for us. We'll know by tomorrow. Can't wait!

Not all the time. I see teams wait a lot. I remember us waiting to match Jeff Teagues offer from Milwaukee

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Owner might match just look like a tough guy, big spender. That's certainly possible.

They need to rebuild. If they don't find a trade offer for Buddy Hield before noon tomorrow, they should just let Bogi walk.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This may be true...

Just based on what I know about SAC and Vivek, it's hard to say what they will do. Ultimately, SAC plan was screwed when MIL trade fell through. Now they have a financial bind. Hield market isn't getting you an asset due to his contract. Bogi's isn't either when he's on the market due to his salary. SAC is in a tough position. For me personally, I would let him go but I think this team is tanking 2020-21. If I felt we had a shot, I would have to match but I better be right because that cap situation in 2021-22 will be BAD. 

2 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Not all the time. I see teams wait a lot. I remember us waiting to match Jeff Teagues offer from Milwaukee

I never doubted we would match that one. The one I doubted was Tim's. That one was hard for the Hawks because he too was like Bogi, productive but about to be overpaid. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Honestly.. I think it's the right move.

Even with the trade Kicker...  if the market is there for Bogo, they should be able to move him this year (I guess).  If he's disgruntled, he won't hold up a deal. 

So earlier in the thread I gave y'all some bad info. I was schooled by a SAC fan on realgm.  Yes, I'm terribly embarrassed.😳

So Bogdon's trade kicker is only calculated over his final guarenteed years and NOT his player option year.  It's only calculated on the option year when it's an early termination option.   Sorry folks for giving bad info. So his total trade kicker after the first full year is about $5.55 million.  That is spread over the remaining two years of the contract. So his cap hit is about $21.7 million and $20.7 million for the team taking him on.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2