• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Extension for John Collins

JTB

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

At only $4 million, it'll have to be something like a lottery pick in the 2021 draft at the trade deadline, but tgat doesn't help us if we are in the playoff hunt.

To get the value of John's production, it'll have to be top 10 at a minimum for it to make since.  What lottery team is trying to give that up?

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, Diesel said:

John and Snell can get us Lavine. 

Please no, particularly for a scoring only no defense SG. Add in the fact that both Capela and now Gallinari have and will continue to have injury concerns, our big man depth is nonexistent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Please no, particularly for a scoring only no defense SG. Add in the fact that both Capela and now Gallinari have and will continue to have injury concerns, our big man depth is nonexistent.

Gallo and Capela aren't the future, but let's hope they can stay healthy. 

• Premium Member

If true, I think Schlenk overplayed his hand. $22.5m/yr was too team-friendly. Most that could have been offered was $28.5m/yr (unless I missed something). Don't know why both sides couldn't be good with $25m/yr.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, sturt said:

If true, I think Schlenk overplayed his hand. $22.5m/yr was too team-friendly. Most that could have been offered was $28.5m/yr (unless I missed something). Don't know why both sides couldn't be good with $25m/yr.

I predicted Hawks offered 90 mil, and JC wanted max or near max. I was dead on again. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No.  He's a losing player.

Can't you apply that same thinking to Steph Curry right now??

I mean, he's not known as a defensive player.   Without the right mix of players around him, his team loses.   Would you be so quick to call Steph a Losing player??

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Can't you apply that same thinking to Steph Curry right now??

I mean, he's not known as a defensive player.   Without the right mix of players around him, his team loses.   Would you be so quick to call Steph a Losing player??

Not sure what you're getting at.

You think I came to that realization on Lavine simply by looking at his teams' won/loss records?

Clearly, I did not.

On Steph, which is a totally different conversation, I don't think he's a losing player.  But it seems obvious he's declined and that was evident even while his teams were making it to the finals.  The current state of their team should surprise no one.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

On Steph, which is a totally different conversation, I don't think he's a losing player.  But it seems obvious he's declined and that was evident even while his teams were making it to the finals.  The current state of their team should surprise no one.

Steph looks to me to an average to below average now

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not sure what you're getting at.

You think I came to that realization on Lavine simply by looking at his teams' won/loss records?

Clearly, I did not.

The point is Lavine could be a winning player in the right situation. People say Trae is not a winning player. When we traded Dennis, everyone agreed he wasn't a winning player. Now he's about to get paid again. That being said, we need a player like JC much more than another shooting guard, so I wouldn't make that trade.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The point is Lavine could be a winning player in the right situation. People say Trae is not a winning player. When we traded Dennis, everyone agreed he wasn't a winning player. Now he's about to get paid again. That being said, we need a player like JC much more than another shooting guard, so I wouldn't make that trade.

Ultimately we agree on JC.

Where I have an issue with Lavine is I question his willingness to adjust.  We've seen Trae take those steps already.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ultimately we agree on JC.

Where I have an issue with Lavine is I question his willingness to adjust.  We've seen Trae take those steps already.

I'll push back on this a bit, has Lavine been given the situation to adjust? He has a role that he can play, but he's stuck being the offensive engine of the Chicago Bulls.  

I just hate these narratives that certain players are losing players.  You don't sneeze your way into the numbers Lavine puts up. He needs to be in a better situation with a better role.  Potentially a bench role if he can't improve his defense. 

I've become very anti calling good players "losing players" after the crap we've had to put up with Trae.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah and people wonder why we took Okungwu......smh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'll push back on this a bit, has Lavine been given the situation to adjust? He has a role that he can play, but he's stuck being the offensive engine of the Chicago Bulls.  

I just hate these narratives that certain players are losing players.  You don't sneeze your way into the numbers Lavine puts up. He needs to be in a better situation with a better role.  Potentially a bench role if he can't improve his defense. 

I've become very anti calling good players "losing players" after the crap we've had to put up with Trae.

One of the least efficient chuckers ever was JR Smith. Even he became a winning player with the Cavs. They even give him a big contract. The situation you are in is so important. Lavine could thrive in the right situation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sturt said:

I think this deal is fine.  Schlenk basically gave John an offer as a good starter. It wasn't disrespectful, in my opinion.  

John knows the Hawks value him at a $90 million, it's up to him to prove he's worth more.  Go out there and get us wins, perform super well in the playoffs,  improve his playmaking and play good defense, he'll get even more.  

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1