• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Extension for John Collins

JTB

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Capela is a huge disappointment as far as I'm concerned.  I thought he was supposed to be a great defender and shot blocker.  He blocked a couple of shots in the last preseason game, but that's about it.  People went around him at will.  He's not much on offense either.  I would hope no one considers him a part of our "core."

I agree with this statement although I must admit I've always been low on him.

• Like 1

I cannot understand the lack of love from some Hawks fan, really difficult to understand. I also think he should be on the range of Sabonis contract but the truth is Sabonis contract is a real bargain.  I cannot understand either the lack of love from coaching staff, they barely make plays for him, I cannot understand that specially last year.
Now the only option we have is to see how he fits with the team and specially with Capela. I think he could be on the range of 17/8 which is still pretty good next to Capela and deserves a good contract, clearly not the max.

my main concern is how injured is John now and how is his going to affect his performance and how is going to affect the team. I think he will now play for a contract that might compromise playing for wins.

10 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I cannot understand the lack of love from some Hawks fan, really difficult to understand. I also think he should be on the range of Sabonis contract but the truth is Sabonis contract is a real bargain.  I cannot understand either the lack of love from coaching staff, they barely make plays for him, I cannot understand that specially last year.
Now the only option we have is to see how he fits with the team and specially with Capela. I think he could be on the range of 17/8 which is still pretty good next to Capela and deserves a good contract, clearly not the max.

my main concern is how injured is John now and how is his going to affect his performance and how is going to affect the team. I think he will now play for a contract that might compromise playing for wins.

No, he's a professional. Playing well this year ensures his future. Hawks can still match any offer he gets next summer. If it's a max, then that was market after all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I'll call it an overpay to a massive overpay. I hope he's traded if the value is there which I don't think will be but if it is, move him. I am still holding out hope for a Mikal Bridges for JC trade.

Oh by all means, let's unload a 20/10 guy for a 9/4 guy.  Makes perfect sense.😮

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, High5 said:

He pretty much neutralized JV whenever they were matched up. You can't ask for much more than that. And remember Capela hadn't played NBA basketball in almost a full year.

Yeah, this ^

But seriously, y'all are so unforgiving with your preseason takes lol he has been fine so far.  The only reason I said he could be a part of our "core" is because he's only 26... I'm definitely not saying he's essential to the team's future

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

Here's the part where he tells you you don't know basketball.  As if it's some quantum physics or whatever. 🙄

Honestly, most of you guys don't understand winning Basketball in 2020. That's not your fault but most of you guys are stuck in 2010. 

20/10, oh my God! He's amazing. The game has changed. What wins is possession by possession Basketball and truthfully, it always has but Basketball people can finally quantify it. 

JC has value. That's unquestionable but its stops at elite 6th man, questionable playoff starter. Maybe he will prove me wrong but I doubt it.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Basketball people can finally quantify it. 

Haven't 'Basketball people' been claiming this for 15 years?   Then someone comes along and beats it.   Advanced metrics get exposed all the time.   

btw did y'all catch KDs postgame interview that the tnt crewed rightfully mocked?  It was hilarious.  I guess he was trying to be Pop but just seemed like an ass.   But he did say one thing that's the truth when asked about playing for a new coach.  He said at the end of the day it's just basketball.   

• Thanks 3

Honestly, most of you guys don't understand winning Basketball in 2020. That's not your fault but most of you guys are stuck in 2010. 

20/10, oh my God! He's amazing. The game has changed. What wins is possession by possession Basketball and truthfully, it always has but Basketball people can finally quantify it. 

JC has value. That's unquestionable but its stops at elite 6th man, questionable playoff starter. Maybe he will prove me wrong but I doubt it.

*yawn*

You don't know what any of us actually know about basketball because you don't ever actually listen to anything any of us say.

You have your way of thinking and you don't accept anything else.

That's fine.  We can still engage.  But once you go down the "Collins sucks" rabbit hole, you lose us.  Is he without flaws, clearly no.  But admitting he's not trash doesn't mean you're a basketball idiot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators

@NBASupes - Remember you have an avatar change today.  :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You just love to tell people they don't understand basketball whenever they disagree with you, smh. It's a very bad habit.

You and I have had our mini battles from OJ Mayo, Brandon Wright, Al vs The Mailman and the latest being Harrell, but there is no need to be dismissive when people disagree with you.

I missed that one.  What was the gist of the Brandan Wright “battle?”