• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Extension for John Collins

JTB

13 hours ago, Carmine said:

As good of a player as he is, you can't have a player like Collins & defensive sieve like Trae on the court & expect to be successful. God bless his heart he was really trying to cover Trae's shortcomings out there tonight but just couldn't hack it. Even worse when Collins, Trae & Huerter on the floor together, just ghastly. If were gonna build around Trae, we really need to build right. Don't lose J.C for nothing Schlenk.

I'm done with building around Trae. Yes he puts up big counting stats in the scoring and assists columns but...He's too inconsistent, too inefficient, too defensively poor to be worth building around. While he is a great passer and a crafty scorer, he is not a great floor general. Dribbles too much, takes shots that he shouldn't, and cant play off the ball. And he cant guard a lamp post. That's not a player you build around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I'm done with building around Trae. Yes he puts up big counting stats in the scoring and assists columns but...He's too inconsistent, too inefficient, too defensively poor to be worth building around. While he is a great passer and a crafty scorer, he is not a great floor general. Dribbles too much, takes shots that he shouldn't, and cant play off the ball. And he cant guard a lamp post. That's not a player you build around. 

Hopefully Trae can learn how to run an offense from Rondo, he's got the talent. We need floor general Trae, if he can do that he becomes a worthwhile investment. If he can't then you have to bank on acquiring a 1A player and moving Trae as the second option, we got the pieces to  acquire such a player. But I agree his game is leaving much to be desired, looking like Barea 2.0.

2 hours ago, Carmine said:

Hopefully Trae can learn how to run an offense from Rondo, he's got the talent. We need floor general Trae, if he can do that he becomes a worthwhile investment. If he can't then you have to bank on acquiring a 1A player and moving Trae as the second option, we got the pieces to  acquire such a player. But I agree his game is leaving much to be desired, looking like Barea 2.0.

Dude you just made me nauseous. Why you gotta do that?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, terrell said:

I think the Hawks might've caught a break when Collins turned down 4 yr 90 mill.He still cant create for himself and his playmaking skills are lacking. And we all know his defense is meh..Now he's calling out Trae. lol..I think he's as good as gone because Trae is gonna have to suck for a while before Travis even thinks about moving him so.....................

Doesn't speak well for Travis, does it?

11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Build around Dre? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Good to see John getting some love from advanced stats. 

I don't get how they work to be honest. But a main criticism of him here is that he does well on the box score but not as well on advanced metrics. 

His 3pt shooting is back to around 40%, he has a positive assist/turnover ratio, not a big one but stil noteworthy considering it's been negative thus far into his career, and he's displayed some scoring ability in the post against mismatches. 

On 1/10/2021 at 1:15 PM, bleachkit said:

Would you be looking to trade him before his rookie contract is up?  Who would you target?  I think you're upset because you hoped he was "the one" and like so many others, he's not that dude.  But remember, you hoped he was "the one" because his talents and period displays put that hope in you.  The story isn't over though....

I don't like Trae's game right now, not at all.  It's a disservice to Iverson to even make the comparison.  However, he should have many years of development ahead of him.  I believe he wants it too.  He can learn to play (more) winning basketball.  I'm not sure if he can be a #1 for a championship team.  That said, we have to keep building him and realize he's not a finished product.  He desperately needs good coaching and I'm not sure he's getting that.  Rondo should be a good influence, but it's up to Trae to absorb and grow.  Right now, he's going through a storm but I think he will get through it and be better on the other side.

9 minutes ago, txsting said:

Would you be looking to trade him before his rookie contract is up?  Who would you target?  I think you're upset because you hoped he was "the one" and like so many others, he's not that dude.  But remember, you hoped he was "the one" because his talents and period displays put that hope in you.  The story isn't over though....

I don't like Trae's game right now, not at all.  It's a disservice to Iverson to even make the comparison.  However, he should have many years of development ahead of him.  I believe he wants it too.  He can learn to play (more) winning basketball.  I'm not sure if he can be a #1 for a championship team.  That said, we have to keep building him and realize he's not a finished product.  He desperately needs good coaching and I'm not sure he's getting that.  Rondo should be a good influence, but it's up to Trae to absorb and grow.  Right now, he's going through a storm but I think he will get through it and be better on the other side.

He's not efficient enough to be a number one. He's just not. He misses shots at prodigious rate. But I think his floor game can get better though, and he can a very effective point guard as a passer. 

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's not efficient enough to be a number one. He's just not. He misses shots at prodigious rate. But I think his floor game can get better though, and he can a very effective point guard as a passer. 

Kobe Bryant:  .550% TS%

Trae Young:  .566% TS% (includes his rookie year)

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, AHF said:

Kobe Bryant:  .550% TS%

Trae Young:  .566% TS% (includes his rookie year)

I have been on record saying guys like Kobe and AI were somewhat overrated. Teams now know that high volume inefficient scoring is not winning basketball. Also, Kobe's career true shooting is brought down significantly by bad years early and late in his career. 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Also, Kobe's career true shooting is brought down significantly by bad years early and late in his career. 

Trae's .595% last season blows away Kobe's career high.

• Like 1