• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

In his 1st 9 games, Capela had 8 blocks (that's not even 1 block on average) ........Last 3 games, he blew up with 12 blocks. (both him and JC have more blocks in the last 3 games than in the previous games combined).

They are starting to gel on defense really nicely.  How Gallo is going to fit into the rotations is going to be really interesting.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

In his 1st 9 games, Capela had 8 blocks (that's not even 1 block on average) ........Last 3 games, he blew up with 12 blocks. (both him and JC have more blocks in the last 3 games than in the previous games combined).

It was also weird how he had an impressive lack of touch until he matched up against Gobert of all centers. I was beginning to think he would never score on a non-dunk again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, High5 said:

It was also weird how he had an impressive lack of touch until he matched up against Gobert of all centers. I was beginning to think he would never score on a non-dunk again. 

He's actually gotten a few up and unders to fall the last few games. Like you said, he was missing everything but dunks at first.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

At 6-10, Gallo is going to eat a lot of minutes as a backup big.

Him next to JC, or him next Clint, both would be miles better than 6-6 Hill trying to bang.

LPs rotation has been to sub Cap out and bring in Hill, so that should be Gallo playing with JC, then Collins goes out Cap comes back in and plays with Gallo. Then add minutes for Gwu.

So the big man rotation will be: CC, JC, Gallo and Gwu.

• Like 4

From what little I watched him, seems to me that Agent 0017 is small enough and quick enough to play the PF/SF position.  I know, he's a center.  Collins isn't really a center but sometimes he plays one on NBA!

Someone agree or disagree with this idea.  Tell me, what do you think?

:smug:

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

From what little I watched him, seems to me that Agent 0017 is small enough and quick enough to play the PF/SF position.  I know, he's a center.  Collins isn't really a center but sometimes he plays one on NBA!

Someone agree or disagree with this idea.  Tell me, what do you think?

:smug:

I don't see SF as a workable position for him given that he has zero range.  In our offense, the 3 needs to be able to stretch the floor so Collins and Capela have room to operate inside and Trae, Hunter, Cam, etc. have room to cut in the lane.  Given that you wouldn't play him at the 3 except (theoretically) when JC and CC are on the floor, that seems like a bad personnel grouping to me.  

26 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't see SF as a workable position for him given that he has zero range.  In our offense, the 3 needs to be able to stretch the floor so Collins and Capela have room to operate inside and Trae, Hunter, Cam, etc. have room to cut in the lane.  Given that you wouldn't play him at the 3 except (theoretically) when JC and CC are on the floor, that seems like a bad personnel grouping to me.  

I hope he can get more opportunities to score. He was one of the most efficient offensive bigs in college.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I hope he can get more opportunities to score. He was one of the most efficient offensive bigs in college.

Around the basket is all I'm saying.  I don't expect any time hanging around the 3pt line this season.  Rolling to the basket, etc. would seem like a natural fit.

50 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yeah he's probably nervous as hell out there right now though, with no SL or preseason games played...lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@TheNorthCydeRises how you like tgat screen Gwu set on DRose

It was excellent.  He screened Trae's man so well that it knocked him completely off balance.

Trae has an easy path to the basket, and the help defense could do nothing but foul him.

If no one is going to create points for Trae via passing him the ball, they need to do it by creating space to drive to the basket.

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It was excellent.  He screened Trae's man so well that it knocked him completely off balance.

Trae has an easy path to the basket, and the help defense could do nothing but foul him.

If no one is going to create points for Trae via passing him the ball, they need to do it by creating space to drive to the basket.

Trae was cooking with Okongwu. Sadly, they started giving up threes and turnovers and gave up 10 points in 50 seconds at the end of the rotation. That said, Okongwu played great defense in that period but he was on the court with guys who didn't. 

• Like 3