• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Trail Blazers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I don't see them beating the Lakers if LBJ plays, but who knows.

The Lakers have looked like ass since he returned. Not saying it'll continue but wouldn't necessarily put that down as an automatic L by any means. 

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

The Lakers have looked like ass since he returned. Not saying it'll continue but wouldn't necessarily put that down as an automatic L by any means. 

Nothing's automatic, but I'll trust an inform LBJ over an inform Julius Randal.  

Not saying they will lose, but if LBJ is playing well going into that game advantage Lakers.   Also, AD will need to step up too. 

Edited by marco102

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

The Knicks have a murders row of schedule coming up.  They will probably lose four more games.  That means the Hawks have to be three games better.  I'm glad the team is getting this experience coming down the stretch.  The vets really stepped up in this game so did Kev! Trae had a couple of hero moments, but for the most part he trusted his teammates.  I love seeing that. 

I think it's start to looking at the Knicks as a top 10 team in the league.  This means that they're more than capable of beating any team in the league.  They've won 12 of their last 13 games.

I have to admit, watching the 2nd half of that game tonight tells me that they're for real.  Defensively, they're elite for this era of the NBA. Morant was completely locked up tonight, and couldn't buy a shot when he was open. 

And with Derrick Rose able to have All-Star flashes in his game every now and then, they're a very dangerous team.

And I can't say enough about Julius Randle.  He MIGHT make an All-NBA team this year, especially with all of the injuries to guys like Durant and Lebron.  Randle is shooting the same percentage from 3 as Steph Curry, but with lower 3 point volume.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think it's start to looking at the Knicks as a top 10 team in the league.  This means that they're more than capable of beating any team in the league.  They've won 12 of their last 13 games.

I have to admit, watching the 2nd half of that game tonight tells me that they're for real.  Defensively, they're elite for this era of the NBA. Morant was completely locked up tonight, and couldn't buy a shot when he was open. 

And with Derrick Rose able to have All-Star flashes in his game every now and then, they're a very dangerous team.

And I can't say enough about Julius Randle.  He MIGHT make an All-NBA team this year, especially with all of the injuries to guys like Durant and Lebron.  Randle is shooting the same percentage from 3 as Steph Curry, but with lower 3 point volume.

I believe the Knicks are forreal. I just don't think they are real enough to go sweep through LAL, DEN, LAC, and PHX. 

If they do, then they will deserve the fourth seed.

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Knicks aint no joke. They mentally and physically broke Memphis tonight.

Folks better stop looking at names and start realizing those dudes aint playing around. They have found a defensive identity, a hard nosed style of play, and a leader with no conscience when he is rolling.

They are the toughest team in the East, and we do not fare well against tough teams.

Bro you really got stop being in the moment.  The toughest team in the East are 1-3 for a reason.  If you think this Knicks team can win the east, then let's make an avatar bet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I believe the Knicks are forreal. I just don't think they are real enough to go sweep through LAL, DEN, LAC, and PHX. 

If they do, then they will deserve the fourth seed.

They wont sweep but they got something for LA, that's for sure. They are hot as ball right now.

They are looking like last years Heat. And Randle is looking like a bigger Jimmy Buckets.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Bro you really got stop being in the moment.  The toughest team in the East are 1-3 for a reason.  If you think this Knicks team can win the east, then let's make an avatar bet. 

TOUGHEST not BEST

semantics.

I think they are the toughest team physically. They will make anybody work. Philly would be next on that list.

That doesnt mean I think they are the best. That's easily Brooklyn if healthy, and Philly who honestly should be favored right now until Harden gets back. Even the Bucks are turning it up a notch down the stretch. 

I know all these things. But guess what, as of right now its the Knicks who will be standing in OUR way in round one. Not the other three. So my focus is on them right now. Im trying to figure out how we could get past them after being swept. And no, homecourt advantage wont matter against them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

TOUGHEST not BEST

semantics.

I think they are the toughest team physically. They will make anybody work. Philly would be next on that list.

That doesnt mean I think they are the best. That's easily Brooklyn if healthy, and Philly who honestly should be favored right now until Harden gets back. Even the Bucks are turning it up a notch down the stretch. 

I know all these things. But guess what, as of right now its the Knicks who will be standing in OUR way in round one. Not the other three. So my focus is on them right now. Im trying to figure out how we could get past them after being swept. And no, homecourt advantage wont matter against them.

They will be a tough out. You just seem to talk like the Knicks are this unbeatable juggernaut.  The Hawks have been just as hot when healthy as the Knicks.  They were leading the Knicks with Trae Young carving them up with 14 assists.  The Knicks and Hawks will be a tough series.  I actually like the Hawks chances. 

You just seem to be ignoring the work this Hawks team has put in under Nate. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They will be a tough out. You just seem to talk like the Knicks are this unbeatable juggernaut.  The Hawks have been just as hot when healthy as the Knicks.  They were leading the Knicks with Trae Young carving them up with 14 assists.  The Knicks and Hawks will be a tough series.  I actually like the Hawks chances. 

You just seem to be ignoring the work this Hawks team has been in under Nate. 

Clearly I want us to win and do well but Im just being honest.

We looked better against Brooklyn than the Knicks. Even better against Milwaukee.

Knicks are my least favorite playoff matchup for us. Not because they are unbeatable, but because they are just a bad matchup. Plain and simple. Without Dre, I dont feel confident in our ability to guard Randle. Solo is the next best option, but do we want him playing 30 mins just to matchup with him? We have been much better under Nate, but we aren't perfect. We can still be beat too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We looked better against Brooklyn than the Knicks. Even better against Milwaukee.

Knicks are my least favorite playoff matchup for us. Not because they are unbeatable, but because they are just a bad matchup. Plain and simple. Without Dre, I dont feel confident in our ability to guard Randle. Solo is the next best option, but do we want him playing 30 mins just to matchup with him? We have been much better under Nate, but we aren't perfect. We can still be beat too.

Getting Dre back would be huge. The Dunn fantasy has been put to sleep. His offense makes him unplayable except for very short stretches. Hunter has two weeks to get right. I hope he can give it a go.

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I agree with this, but it's like you are conceding the fourth seed to the Knicks.  The Knicks have a much tougher schedule than the Hawks. If the Hawks win out, which will be tough with Phx and WSH, and the Knicks lose the three games w/o LAL, the Hawks are the fourth seed. 

Out of Miami, Boston, and Knicks, the Knicks are def the tougher match up for the Hawks.  With Dre available, I'd feel a 1000 times better about the series. 

I just think the Hawks top 8 or 9 are better than the Knicks. In a series, that should win out. The Knicks didn't really slow the Hawks down in New York last game. If it's a high scoring playoff game I trust the Hawks. If it's a defensive struggle, I'll be a close call.