• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Trail Blazers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I guess he's not confident he can run the offense well enough to stay on the floor. 

Yeah, Nate is coaching for a job and playoff seeding.  I have no problem with it as long as we are winning.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I guess he's not confident he can run the offense well enough to stay on the floor. But if Lou keeps playing bad, that might open the door for him.

Nate said - he's trying to develop some rhythm and chemistry between Lou, Huerter and Gallo so he can personalize some offensive sets for them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nate said - he's trying to develop some rhythm and chemistry between Lou, Huerter and Gallo so he can personalize some offensive sets for them.

We talked so much about getting him back, but the truth is chemistry is extremely important come playoff time, and teams generally only go 9 maybe 10 deep.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, LucastheThird said:

I know he makes a good percentage of them. I'm not arguing against that. It just feels like a wasted possession when he shoots that and nobody is there for the (possible) rebound. 

He also loosens the defense when he takes those shots. They start defending him way out there and then he drives by with the floater or an easy pass to wide open team mates. It is strategic. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The Knicks have a murders row of schedule coming up.  They will probably lose four more games.  That means the Hawks have to be three games better.  I'm glad the team is getting this experience coming down the stretch.  The vets really stepped up in this game so did Kev! Trae had a couple of hero moments, but for the most part he trusted his teammates.  I love seeing that. 

Hope you right but I'm not seeing it. Could see Phx,  Den, and LAC as losses but rest are 50/50 at best and heavy Knick leans at worst imo. 

Just now, REHawksFan said:

Hope you right but I'm not seeing it. Could see Phx,  Den, and LAC as losses but rest are 50/50 at best and heavy Knick leans at worst imo. 

You gotta hand it to them, Thibs has them playing lockdown defense. It's basically J. Randle and a bunch of rough riders. Definitely have over achieved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You gotta hand it to them, Thibs has them playing lockdown defense. It's basically J. Randle and a bunch of rough riders. Definitely have over achieved. 

No doubt it's impressive but it's also why they can be had by a balanced team. I still think they are a tough match for Hawks cuz JC can't handle Randle, but Hawks balance will really test their team defense over a series. 

I'd love to get home court but I don't really see an avenue for that at the moment. At worst I see the Knicks with 40 wins and likely 41 meaning we have to essentially win out to have a chance. 

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The Lakers with Lebron back at home is another loss.  If the Knicks win a majority of these games and close the season out against the Celtics, I give them all the credit.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't see them beating the Lakers if LBJ plays, but who knows.

Just now, REHawksFan said:

Lakers lost to Kings and Raps with LBJ and AD but yall think they cant lose to hot NYK? Cmon

I mean the Raptors have the Lakers number.  They beat them fully healthy earlier in the season.  Some teams have a teams number.

I just think LBJ will be in better form in a few more games. If you don't think that, it's cool. 

Just now, marco102 said:

I mean the Raptors have the Lakers number.  They beat them fully healthy earlier in the season.  Some teams have a teams number.

I just think LBJ will be in better form in a few more games. If you don't think that, it's cool. 

I truly hope you are right. I just dont trust the Lakers right now. Something seems off to me with them. 

Should be fun either way.

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Lakers lost to Kings and Raps with LBJ and AD but yall think they cant lose to hot NYK? Cmon

50/50 game imo

I guess you could say any game is 50/50 with the Knicks right now.  Seems like they can’t lose.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

No doubt it's impressive but it's also why they can be had by a balanced team. I still think they are a tough match for Hawks cuz JC can't handle Randle, but Hawks balance will really test their team defense over a series. 

I'd love to get home court but I don't really see an avenue for that at the moment. At worst I see the Knicks with 40 wins and likely 41 meaning we have to essentially win out to have a chance. 

Home court would be huge. Even though we lost 3 games to them, playoffs are different.