• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The official NBASupes 2021 NBA Draft thread

NBASupes

Garuba is my new guy. Not even a question that he’s the best defender in the draft. He could realistically be an All-NBA defender within the first 2-3 years of his career, that’s how good he is. Only thing that you question is his offensive game. But that should grow over time. Pencil him in as your backup 4 after Gallo is gone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Garuba is my new guy. Not even a question that he’s the best defender in the draft. He could realistically be an All-NBA defender within the first 2-3 years of his career, that’s how good he is. Only thing that you question is his offensive game. But that should grow over time. Pencil him in as your backup 4 after Gallo is gone.

Mitchell and Barnes are better defenders but he can be a special defensive player down the road. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Mitchell and Barnes are better defenders but he can be a special defensive player down the road. 

My 2 favs outside of Jalen Green.

1. Green

2. Barnes 

3. Mitchell

These 3 really stand out to me. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

With Barnes you have an argument, but I disagree on Mitchell. Garuba is more versatile as a defender, as in he can guard 3 - 4 positions. But don't get me wrong on Mitchell, that guy is a dog and will give opposing 1's or 2's nightmares every night.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

How is he on offense?

Very raw right now. He'll probably be most impactful offensively in transition as well as being a lob threat starting from day 1. At this point, he should get better at spot up shooting. As he progresses he should also get better at attacking closeouts, working on his handles, etc.

Just now, ATLHawks3 said:

Very raw right now. He'll probably be most impactful offensively in transition as well as being a lob threat starting from day 1. At this point, he should get better at spot up shooting. As he progresses he should also get better at attacking closeouts, working on his handles, etc.

His defensive highlights are impressive. I doubt we take him at 20, but his athleticism pops on tape.

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

His defensive highlights are impressive. I doubt we take him at 20, but his athleticism pops on tape.

I'm hoping he falls to us because I don't see him as a fit anywhere except the Warriors, San Antonio, Washington, and Atlanta.

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Woohoo! Spelled the name wrong. But i am really hoping for Jason Preston in the 2nd. Not really thrilled about any of the PGs I expect to be there at 20. You may be able to convince me to pull the trigger on Jared Butler if he’s still around. Cooper will be gone IMO.